Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not think it is a power issue because the camera can go down for as little as 1 second or be down for 30+ seconds. I'd be surprised if it could boot back up in 1 second if it was not receiving enough power?
It would also be good to check that there isn't another device running with the same IP address. Devices with duplicate IPs will present symptoms similar to what you're seeing.

Horrorwood

n3wb
Reaction score
I always err on the side of user error when you dont specify your setup and particularly new users who use 12v rather than doing it clean with poe. Did you make the cable yourself? if yes did you use the 568 standard? How are you connecting the power supply to the camera?
I understand, I deal with new users on a daily basis :)

But yes I am quite experienced despite only just signing up. The camera has a 12v DC jack input, the same as you'd find on older BNC based cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand, I deal with new users on a daily basis :)

But yes I am quite experienced despite only just signing up. The camera has a 12v DC jack input, the same as you'd find on older BNC based cameras.
Why dont you answer all the questions posed if you really want help?

Horrorwood

n3wb
Reaction score
It would also be good to check that there isn't another device running with the same IP address. Devices with duplicate IPs will present symptoms similar to what you're seeing.
Thanks, its a good suggestion but unfortunately it is not the case. I have my whole network mapped out, I am certain it is the only device on 192.168.1.108 - it is the IP that was given to it by the routers DHCP service.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am certain it is the only device on 192.168.1.108 - it is the IP that was given to it by the routers DHCP service.
That is the static ip of every dahua camera and not handed out by dhcp.

Horrorwood

n3wb
Reaction score
That is the static ip of every dahua camera and not handed out by dhcp.
Thanks, that is strange because I do have devices before it in the 192.168.1.10x range, but this may be the issue... There isn't anything currently on 192.168.1.108, but I'll setup another network with only 2 devices to switch it over to DHCP then.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've had similar reboot problem and reset to defaults fixed it. Have you tried the hard reset procedure?

Attachments

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased this camera? I have and got it delivered by Andy some four weeks ago.

Unfortunately I have a lot of problems with disconnects. The camera just stops responding on the http port for a minute or so, then responds again. This happens several times per hour. It’s not a connectivity issue because the packets get through, but connection to port 80 is refused by the camera.

I purchased it to be able to use the AI functionality, namely People Detect, to avoid false positives. A post by @nayr on a different camera, a couple of years ago, hinted that the cameras get pretty cheap chips so they can’t handle the load properly. His conclusion was that IVS and high resolution was mutually exclusive, so I’ve lowered the resolution of the main stream to 1280x960 but I still get port 80 connection refusals as above.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Any hints @EMPIRETECANDY?

Last edited:

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this recording on microSD card and Dahua NVR no problems.

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased this camera?
I have 2 of these up and working well, connected poe to NVR.
The image settings are at default.
I use IVS trip wire and intrusion rules on cameras, and face detection/recognition on NVR.
I get very few false alarms from tripwire and intrusion, but face detection at certain times of day thinks one of my plants is a face, but this I might have fixed changing min/max sizes.

I did have to reset camera and reboot NVR once, when It was showing constant alarm or IVS detection. But this has not happened again yet.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How frequently do all you get false alarms with this model? Do spider webs, flying leaves, etc. trigger false alarms?

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you use the IVS functionality?

What image settings do you have for the Main stream? (Resolution, frame rate, CBR/VBR setting)
recording mainstream 1080p, 30fps, iframe 30, vbr, quality 6, max bitrate 6144Kbps. Tripwire and intrusion rules.

I use IVS trip wire and intrusion rules on cameras, and face detection/recognition on NVR.
I get very few false alarms from tripwire and intrusion, but face detection at certain times of day thinks one of my plants is a face, but this I might have fixed changing min/max sizes.

I did have to reset camera and reboot NVR once, when It was showing constant alarm or IVS detection. But this has not happened again yet.
I didn't know these had face detection. Didn't see the setting on the camera. Is it only on the NVR and does it work properly and also capture the picture?

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How frequently do all you get false alarms with this model? Do spider webs, flying leaves, etc. trigger false alarms?
I get almost no false alarms from IVS from this cam, I have 2 of them up.
see screen shot below, blue line is IVS trigger, yellow line is motion detection trigger. Notice how the driveway cam picks up a few bugs, but I dont have motion detection set to alert me, and you can turn off motion detection if you want.
I had some cheap bullet cams up in these locations before, and yes the spiders did love them, but these 2 cams have been up for a month now and I see the occasional false IVS "bug" alert. But not very many.
IVS alarms.png
as you can see, no blue lines.:)

Steveee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn't know these had face detection. Didn't see the setting on the camera. Is it only on the NVR and does it work properly and also capture the picture?
Yes, face detection/recognition is on NVR. I should have said that.
It works quite well, as I said before at certain times of day it thinks one of my bushes is a face ,and the back of my head sometimes?!!
But most of the time it does work.
I do need to move the front door camera slightly to give camera more time to see face(archway blocking view). As it is now, if your quick it doesn't get you for face detection, IVS tripwire still works Ok though.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Right, I'm running all those functions directly on the camera rather than on a NVR. That probably doesn't help the camera load.

I just noticed I had left "Motion Detection" on in the camera and turned it off. Let's see how this plays out, but at least the ping replies went from ~300 ms every second ping to consistently 4-8 ms like it should be. When ping replies take so long that they did previously, it tells me that the camera is up to such heavy processing that the IP stack – and probably other applications – lags behind. At least if you know that your network connections are okay.