Review-SD4A425DB-HNY 1/2.8" CMOS 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-tracking MiniPTZ

Reaction score
When setting up IVS tripwires, with auto tracking, how do I swithch off target filtering? Not looking for humans or cars in my side yard. Just wildlife. Thanks, Jerry

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When setting up IVS tripwires, with auto tracking, how do I swithch off target filtering? Not looking for humans or cars in my side yard. Just wildlife. Thanks, Jerry
That is the "downside" with the new AI is that it is geared towards people and cars. Remember we are not their target audience, it is businesses.

You would have to use something like BI with its AI to get that function.

That doesn't mean you won't get some wildlife with motion detection instead of IVS, but it has been shown that even turning off target filtering, it still is looking for a person or car.

You would have to get an older PTZ that doesn't have AI in order to trigger for wildlife consistently.

Reaction score
That is the "downside" with the new AI is that it is geared towards people and cars. Remember we are not their target audience, it is businesses.

You would have to use something like BI with its AI to get that function.

That doesn't mean you won't get some wildlife with motion detection instead of IVS, but it has been shown that even turning off target filtering, it still is looking for a person or car.

You would have to get an older PTZ that doesn't have AI in order to trigger for wildlife consistently.

Yes, @wittaj , I do remember reading that thread. I've got three spotter cams calling new mini to presets, have to see how it works out!

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Probably asked before, but are there any settings to be made with auto tracking, apart from the duration?
I'd like it to zoom more in to the target, e.g. for a person it stops zooming when the height of a person is about 1/3 of the height of the image.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Probably asked before, but are there any settings to be made with auto tracking, apart from the duration?
I'd like it to zoom more in to the target, e.g. for a person it stops zooming when the height of a person is about 1/3 of the height of the image.
Top right of the screen where you set it up is a target tracking size. The larger the number the more the zoom during tracking. But it is a balancing act - too large and it can lose track easier.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The issue that I got is , the camera would start to track, then it would start tracking the wrong subject or area.

Please see attached example.

Car drove into my neighbor's driveway, camera start tracking, all of a sudden, it start zooming into the tire. lol
Does he have those spinny rims:lmao:

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's everyone using for night shutter speed?

I'm currently using 1/75 and my settings are attached.

I can barley see the subject and lots of ghosting

Forgot to mention that IR (Far Light) is set to 100

Attachments

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The issue that I got is , the camera would start to track, then it would start tracking the wrong subject or area.

Please see attached example.

Car drove into my neighbor's driveway, camera start tracking, all of a sudden, it start zooming into the tire. lol
You need to adjust the target tracking size down one notch, test then maybe change it a tad more.

Sammyf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any best practices for setting privacy masking? I made some test installs for different locations and made some quick setup for privacy masking. As the camera pans, the masks get larger and cover unnecessarily big areas. As the camera stops, the masking goes back to its place. I’m going to make permanent mounting later and can ofc play with the settings myself, but just wanted to ask for tips to make the process a bit smoother.

Also, has anyone tested, if the privacy masking blocks the camera from auto tracking?

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Since I lost the lottery, I purchased a SD4A425DB-HNY from Andy's Amazon store. I haven't mounted it yet but so far it looks good. I do have a question. The PTZ works fine on the camera interface but doesnt seem to work on UI3 or on the blue iris interface? I did enable the interface in the BI settings . Am I missing something? Thanks in advance

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since I lost the lottery, I purchased a SD4A425DB-HNY from Andy's Amazon store. I haven't mounted it yet but so far it looks good. I do have a question. The PTZ works fine on the camera interface but doesnt seem to work on UI3 or on the blue iris interface? I did enable the interface in the BI settings . Am I missing something? Thanks in advance
Works fine for me, but many have had this issue and a factory reset solves it.

After you do that, post what comes up when you hit the find/inspect key in BI.