[Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Catcamstar,

Is the VTH able to show the feeds of dahua cameras that are connected to the network switch (considering connecting the VTNS to the network switch as you suggested) ? (I planned to use blue iris and not an NVR on my installation)

Thanks!
Ciao @Xavier6 - yes, as long as the VTH can "speak" with the camera's (eg if you setup your BI pc with dual NIC, the VTH is assumed to be on the 2nd NIC together with the cams & VTO). it should work. If you don't manage to get the video feed to show up, you may have to verify:
  • VTH connects to non FullHD stream (eg D1 substream)
  • substream feed has no 50fps
  • account has "enough" privileges (first try with your cam's "admin" user, then limit it down with "read-only" user until VTH refuses to show stuff).

Good luck & happy camming!
CC

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Catcamstar,

Is the VTH able to show the feeds of dahua cameras that are connected to the network switch (considering connecting the VTNS to the network switch as you suggested) ? (I planned to use blue iris and not an NVR on my installation)

Thanks!
VTH can connect to the normal poe switch.

Xavier6

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Andy, do you mean VTO2000A and VTH1550CH can work on a normal POE switch (where I have the other Dahua Ipcams) without the use of VTNS1060 ?

Last edited:

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Catcamstar,

Thanks!
Hello

You may want to check this post:

I do believe it should work without NVR (set "IPC") and taking care of the subchannel quality as described in the original post.

Regards

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Let's kick this tremendous old topic of mine :)

If your phone (on latest DMSS) is not receiving push notifications: check your outbound connectivity, as per my initial setup procedure, TCP/2195 is not used anymore but TCP/8888, re-register (subscribe) your notifications to the VTO and off you go!

Happy Camming!
CC

ronoob

n3wb
Reaction score
“Unlike the Dahua NVR or IPC, there is NO PASSWORD RESET CAPABILITY!!! For the VTO, you have to press 5 consecutive times the "intrusion detection switch" (keep note that the alarm will go on and off until you hear a distinct beep, which means your VTO is factory reset and the admin/admin combo works again).”

I had a problem with my VTO that I couldn’t access the web interface because of https being enabled. The only way to reset it yo factory defaults was not by pressing the tamper button 5 times (yes that did something but not factory reset it).
In order to hard reset it you have to unscrew the back plate so that you can see the circuit board and then you will see another push button (different than the tamper one) . That is the reset button. Hold that down while powering and it will reset it (includin the https and IP and any other config).
Hope this helps those who are locked out of their VTO.