Safari plugin for Dahua IPCs.

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All the sudden I am having Safari plugin failure on all my Dahua cams. If I switch to the setting right after I log in I can do adjustments there. If I let it go to live view I get plugin failure. SmartPSS works. I have downloaded the safari web plugin from Dahuas site and did a reinstall.....no help.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 , Safari 11.03

I have tried allowing and not allowing various plugins nothing.

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All the sudden I am having Safari plugin failure on all my Dahua cams. If I switch to the setting right after I log in I can do adjustments there. If I let it go to live view I get plugin failure. SmartPSS works. I have downloaded the safari web plugin from Dahuas site and did a reinstall.....no help.

I have the same problems... so i use Firefox or SmartPss.

I have also mailed to Dahua for supporting MacOs 64-bit.
Some screenshots om my macbook are blue... it’s a beta problem.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its just much better to setup the IVS on the cam itself. I have not actually found in SmartPSS where you can adjust IVS features other than showing them in liveview or not showing them. For me Firefox keeps asking for the plugin again and again. Chrome NCL plugin just blows.

biscuit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its just much better to setup the IVS on the cam itself. I have not actually found in SmartPSS where you can adjust IVS features other than showing them in liveview or not showing them. For me Firefox keeps asking for the plugin again and again. Chrome NCL plugin just blows.
In SmartPSS you have to search at Device config.

Then select the camera. Then Event

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
If you right click on the camera you want from the list on the left in live view on Smart PSS
you can adjust IVS there under IVS channel cfg.

pss.jpg

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not on mine. What version of SmartPSS is that? Mine looks the same, just no IVS options. My cams support it.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I am using 2.02 but it has had it from 1.15, or even sooner.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Safari is killing off NPAPI plugins too. Not sure if they've actually done it yet or if you need to whitelist.

There are other browsers, these may not all support NPAPI but you can play with them and see what works:
On windows I generally recommend PaleMoon. There is a mac version that's in development but it's a bit out of date and rough around the edges:
Pale Moon for Mac OSX - Pale Moon forum

Basilisk plugins work, is windows / linux getting it to work on OS X would be difficult. fork of palemoon
Midori plugins work, is windows / linux getting it to work on OS X would be difficult. uses webkit like safari.

waterfox may be worth a try it supports 64bit plugins which means it might not work. It's mac only, idk if it currently works or not. [does not work]

opera, brave, and yandex (if you want to trust the russians) are all chromium/blink based and probably require nacl.
firefox esr version is an option
iceweasel/icecat

Last edited:

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried Safari, Firefox, opera, and pale moon. Either plugin failure or keeps asking for the plugin. I'll try to figure out how to install esr next. It was like a light switch.... everything worked until two days ago.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well its a no go. Ironically all browsers work using the web client for the NVR. Just not the cams themselves.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well its a no go. Ironically all browsers work using the web client for the NVR. Just not the cams themselves.
There might be some other steps involving manually installing plugins possibly in different location or enabling / white-listing plugins that are required. In mozilla browsers, advanced settings are in about:config. You should also check
Code:
about:plugins
to see what plugins show up.

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Jesus. I have resorted to my wife's 10yr old windows laptop. Works...... unfortunately.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus. I have resorted to my wife's 10yr old windows laptop. Works...... unfortunately.
I just tried it, and I was able to make both safari 11.0.3 and firefox esr 52 work on a mac with the version of the web plugin that I'm attaching to this post.

Attachments

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nothing but failure. Im trying to find where the plugins are stored. Im going to delete them from my system and start over.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like you're on a mac, so this might be no help at all. On my PC, the plugins are at c:\program files\webrec\torch\3.0.0.3.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
on a mac plugins are generally at /Library/Internet Plugins they can also be in ~/Library/Internet Plugins

Don't delete anything, just move it to a different folder.

Last edited: