scrambled green screen

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read this entire thread, stumped. It only happens on one machine (Win 10, I-7 4770, 16g ram).
It happens when vewing ALERTS. Clicking in/out to a different clip the green screen goes away.
Also when jumping to full screen LIVE VIEW, it has shown green screen.

It does NOT happen on my server, or my home office main computer UI3, laptop, iPad, or IPhone.

Since it is only on one older machine (I am setting it up for a relative and just happened to log into the BI system via UI3 while I was tinkering with it), I think
something is up with this particular setup. It's pretty old.

Attachments

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
EDIT. It only happens using CHROME browser. I cannot replicate the green screen in FIREFOX or EDGE. Figures.

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I started having the same issue a couple weeks ago, I think it was after both a BI and Windows 10 update.

I have an I7-7700, no discrete GPU and 16GB RAM.

When it's green I can usually click on graphic (multi-camera view) and then click again (to maximize) and the green goes away. This is in Chrome. Haven't been able to repeat in Firefox or Edge but rarely use those browsers.

Attachments

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still no fix for that issue ?
Change the player to JAVASCRIPT. No more issues. The "green screen" ONLY happened using Chrome. It also only happened on one of my older computers with a 17-4770 cpu.

"Automatic" is preferred, "UNLESS". Javascript is slower but solved the compatibility issue. As from the UI3 help shown.

Attachments

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Change the player to JAVASCRIPT. No more issues. The "green screen" ONLY happened using Chrome. It also only happened on one of my older computers with a 17-4770 cpu.

"Automatic" is preferred, "UNLESS". Javascript is slower but solved the compatibility issue. As from the UI3 help shown.

This is just a WORKAROUND.

Performance impact is huge -> between 3000 to 8000 ms delay

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If by workaround… the settings help indicate the alternatives. Nothing wrong with UI3 if you use recommended setting it says HTML/auto may not work on some browsers I only have the issue with Chrome and using Auto All other Firefox Edge Vivaldi work perfectly JavaScript setting is needed on my Chrome So I consider recommended settings solving the issue negated a “workaround “.

Creuset

n3wb
Reaction score

thank goodness--this worked to eliminate the green screen on chrome. thank you andykev

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If by workaround… the settings help indicate the alternatives. Nothing wrong with UI3 if you use recommended setting it says HTML/auto may not work on some browsers I only have the issue with Chrome and using Auto All other Firefox Edge Vivaldi work perfectly JavaScript setting is needed on my Chrome So I consider recommended settings solving the issue negated a “workaround “.
Dear Andykev,

I did the following tests
5.5.8.2 automatic => no green screen - latency player near 0
5.5.8.2 javascript => no green screen - latency player near 0

version > 5.5.8.2 automatic => green screen
version > 5.5.8.2 javascript => no green screen BUT latency player between 3000 to 8000 ms delay

so, there's a problem with all version > 5.5.8.2, => greenscreen and high player latency with javascript

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have same versions in all test samples so not sure what is the cause

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have same versions in all test samples so not sure what is the cause
to be more precised

version 5.5.8.2: automatic => no green screen - latency player near 0
version 5.5.8.2: javascript => no green screen - latency player near 0
all versions superior to 5.5.8.2: automatic => green screen
all versions superior to 5.5.8.2 : javascript => no green screen BUT latency player between 3000 to 8000 ms delay

all the tests done with chrome and edge

others test done with version superior to 5.5.8.2 => i changed webserver encoding settings : no HW encoding / HW encoding Intel / HW encoding Nvidia => same issue

my point of view is that there's an issue with UI3 newest version

hope this help

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I doubt BlueIris will pursue this as it only seems to affect old hardware or OS. Edge works fine on mine and I just threw on Chrome and it works as well. Did you try the latest video driver for your hardware ?

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I doubt BlueIris will pursue this as it only seems to affect old hardware or OS. Edge works fine on mine and I just threw on Chrome and it works as well. Did you try the latest video driver for your hardware ?
old hardware ?? i'm using nvidia 1060ti latests driver.

Tayschrenn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Happens on any of my machines on Chrome only - i7-1270p (Iris Xe Graphics) | Ryzen 5 2600 (Rx6700XT) | i5-8500 (Nvidia 1650m) -- all 4 of my cameras have this two different vendor though all are 2k

So, spans all 3 GPU vendors and a wind range of CPUs - common factor is Chrome.

FWIW my BI runs on an i5-9500 (Intel UHD 630)

Tayschrenn

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Happens on any of my machines on Chrome only - i7-1270p (Iris Xe Graphics) | Ryzen 5 2600 (Rx6700XT) | i5-8500 (Nvidia 1650m) -- all 4 of my cameras have this two different vendor though all are 2k

So, spans all 3 GPU vendors and a wind range of CPUs - common factor is Chrome.

FWIW my BI runs on an i5-9500 (Intel UHD 630)
OH and it doesn't happen on my android. Haven't tried a MacBook. OS ranges from Win 10 enterprise 21H2 to Windows 11 early release build.

karlocikovic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have "green screen" issue. Tested on Chrome and Brave. Green screen is often present on multi camera live view, single cam live view and Clip replay. Sometimes I have to refresh current view multiple time and then I got "normal" picture. After changing to Javascript player I got error:

1662728410506.png

1662728076568.png

chspyder

n3wb
Reaction score
We have the same issues on multiple machines with many new and old hardware. Some windows 10 and some 11, all pro.
All are 5.5.9.x with issues.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
At this point I recommend installing UI3-223 manually from github to solve the green video problem.

Alternatively you can update to Blue Iris 5.6.0.11 but you might need to repair/regenerate your clip database afterward because when I updated to that, all my clips from the last ~26 days disappeared from the list.

M4DM4NZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm still getting this green screen in combination with "no signal" screens.

Weird thing is, its only happening on one of my 15 cameras, and its not always consistent.

I'm Running the very latest version, 5.6.2.4 plus I know its not the cameras issue, the raw stream from the cameras webUI looks fine, but UI3 and the BI localhost display green. (note: had the same issue on at least the last 10 updates)

I've tried deleting the camera completely and setting back up again, but still after a while the green crap comes back.

makes no sense that its only happening on one camera, i have other cameras of the exact same brand/model/firmware and they dont have this issue.

Running on W10 21H2 with all the updates installed, no GPU, just a i9-12900 using Intel +VPP

Cheers in advance for your help...