Selecting a NVR maybe Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The 78xxN-Ex is a little higher-spec than 76xx and are aimed at the Chinese market, so they are on the Hikvision CN website - examples here:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prlb_678.html

All 76xx and 78xx have : 1 RJ45 10M/100M/1000M adaptive Ethernet Interface

After further researching, I believe you are correct that he 78xxN have better specs but is gear toward Chinese market. So I probably just stay with the 76xxNI.

Also earlier someone posted about the 76xxN Project which seem to have similar specs as the 78xxN but I couldn't determine what firmware it is running so probably need to contact the seller on this one. I wondered why it called "Project" thou ....

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am new to this and just purchased the DS-7608NI-E2/8P and to 2132 cameras on Amazon from Netview for $388, it has V3.3.1 build 150422 firmware. It has a toggle to enable virtual host. I cannot get the NVR to recognize the SD cards in the cameras. I can however see both streams in IE and Safari on my Mac. I am waiting on a HDD to install in the NVR. It seems to work fine and I got the camera to alarm and send me emails and pics.

Cool ...

Thank you for sharing! That was my major concern about the motion email with snapshot since I been reading on some of the posts here that it buggy somewhat in the latest firmware. I have contact several aliexpress sellers to see what firmware their NVR are currently using.

Bill

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool ...

Thank you for sharing! That was my major concern about the motion email with snapshot since I been reading on some of the posts here that it buggy somewhat in the latest firmware. I have contact several aliexpress sellers to see what firmware their NVR are currently using.

Bill
the 3.3.2 firmware has the emails with no photos attached problem, but fenderman said there's a 3.3.4 out now. If someone has the release notes?

My understanding of the "project" features are that it relates to the IPC functionality that relates to detection features intruder, line crossing and other detection methods.

I cant be sure without looking again but i thought I recalled that 78xx does have it. For me the lone crossing (on driveway) is working very well as I get far less false alarms than Motion detection.

I have cameras that have IPC functionality and these features, so I want the NVR to as well.

The POE switch that the NVR plugs into as well as the cameras is interesting. Then I have all empty NVR ports?

TechBill you could take my approach buy the cameras with SD Card, get up and running, until your knowledge gives you the confidence to buy an NVR that matches your aspirations of features and networking config.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
the 3.3.2 firmware has the emails with no photos attached problem, but fenderman said there's a 3.3.4 out now. If someone has the release notes?

My understanding of the "project" features are that it relates to the IPC functionality that relates to detection features intruder, line crossing and other detection methods.

I cant be sure without looking again but i thought I recalled that 78xx does have it. For me the lone crossing (on driveway) is working very well as I get far less false alarms than Motion detection.

I have cameras that have IPC functionality and these features, so I want the NVR to as well.

The POE switch that the NVR plugs into as well as the cameras is interesting. Then I have all empty NVR ports?

TechBill you could take my approach buy the cameras with SD Card, get up and running, until your knowledge gives you the confidence to buy an NVR that matches your aspirations of features and networking config.
Did you read my new thread about a model I am looking into now which it claim to support IPC. Yes the seller said that the firmware is 3.3.2 however she did said it all English version too. Here the link to the new thread I started on this model - http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4577-Hikvision-NVR-DS-7816N-E2-8P

Bill

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 7800 E2 works with the 7600 firmware, as to being English this by default is not the case as its a Chinese regional model, but when loaded with the correct firmware will work as a region 1 version.
there are lots of post on the forum maybe a little time spent will help you choose.

The newer firmwares support IPC funtions on the 7800 series and work very well.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
The 7800 E2 works with the 7600 firmware, as to being English this by default is not the case as its a Chinese regional model, but when loaded with the correct firmware will work as a region 1 version.
there are lots of post on the forum maybe a little time spent will help you choose.

The newer firmwares support IPC funtions on the 7800 series and work very well.
Seller assure me that the 7800 they have is at version 3.3.4 and is in English so I went ahead and order one. The seller also assured me that it will work with any Hikvision camera in any language with IPC functions.

I will update when I get it.

Bill

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure about that Bill (both regions), yes it can work on 3.3.4 and others

dsmith6

n3wb
Reaction score
Bill,

Do you have the link to the model and seller you went with?
You'll need to update us when you get the NVR.
I'm looking to buy the same thing and you're my guinea pig :)

Thanks,

DLSII

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
78xx model is the newer one over the 76xx?

I am looking at one model 7816N - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-NVR-16-road-2-disk-8-way-POE-NVR-engineering-machine-specialized-monitoring-equipment-wholesale/32329817067.html

But what confusing is that it says 8P (I assume 8 ports) however picture is showing only 4 ports on rear.

I will contact seller on this but what firmware should I seek out for NVR? 3.3.2?

Bill

I have the DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR and it's a great unit with HIKVision cameras DS-2CD2132F-IWS 2.8mm. The only thing i'm missing is the motion detection analysis green boxes to show up on the live view from the NVR. Other than that, its a great unit for the price.

I'm also running USA version English on all cameras and the NVR. I can also update the firmware on the cameras and the NVR by downloading it from HIKVision's ftp.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing i'm missing is the motion detection analysis green boxes to show up on the live view from the NVR.
Do they show up OK on playback?
What version of firmware is on the NVR?
Have you enabled 'Rules' in local configuration in either the camera settings or NVR settings or both? It seems to be that wherever you enable it, it seems to have a global effect, even to another NVR connected to the same camera. Weird.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has a quick look at 7808NI-E2/8P and the things that stuck out to me were

- it seems to support only 5Mp camera streaming as opposed to 6Mp for some future proofing
- it doesnt seem to support "Project" level which from what I understand is the "IPC" intelligent functions some of which I'm using like line detection, where someone crosses the line it will alarm.

I'm finding line crossing hardly ever gives flash alarms as opposed to motion which on a sunny - cloudy -sunny- cloudy day there's a ton of emails.

Again it circles me back to 7608N-E2/8P.

The newest firmware upgrade supports 6MP cameras

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do they show up OK on playback?
Have you enabled 'Rules' in local configuration in either the camera settings or NVR settings or both? It seems to be that wherever you enable it, it seems to have a global effect, even to another NVR connected to the same camera. Weird.

1() Latest firmware version.

Have you enabled 'Rules' in local configuration in either the camera settings or NVR settings or both?
2() I did select this option on the camera and enabled motion detection on the nvr.

I do see the green boxes if i access the NVR via website, if i access it via live view from the back of the NVR using connected HDMI, i do not see any green boxes.

Where did you take the screen shot from? the NVR via web?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I do see the green boxes if i access the NVR via website, if i access it via live view from the back of the NVR using connected HDMI, i do not see any green boxes.
That makes sense - I just assumed you were using the web GUI on the NVR.
I just tried the VGA/HDMI output and I see no boxes either. I don't often use the VGA/HDMI output, so tend to forget about it. The screenshot above was the web GUI.

wxjoe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That makes sense - I just assumed you were using the web GUI on the NVR.
I just tried the VGA/HDMI output and I see no boxes either. I don't often use the VGA/HDMI output, so tend to forget about it. The screenshot above was the web GUI.

They need to add this feature, It's a big help when motion is detected so you can quickly see where on the screen it is.

What version are you running on the NVR ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that - I haven't installed and looked at any US firmware versions for the NVR. I'll need to add it to the to-do list ... it would be interesting to check out.
I used the China version as it's the only place that explicitly lists firmware for the 78xxN-Ex series NVR.