Semi Professional Installs

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
edit: I can also control the system through my phone with the envisalink module.
@spork do you have an envisalink? It's been discussed off and on around here but no one has really provided any first hand experience. If you have one what version is it and how do you like it? Best features/challanges/etc? Also, any chance of sharing a few screen shots of app and interface?

Much appreciated!!

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All the evisalink does is interface with your panel like another hardwired keypad. So you basically get all alarms and system messages through it. I was previously using a crap adapter from nextalarm. It was just a little voip box that the panel would "dial out" through.

They built a service around the envisalink and it will send you sms / email notifications letting you know what zone was set off. It will also let you know if your network is down etc. You can send alerts to everyone in your family and also customize them. For instance I only have system messages like low battery warnings and such sent to myself.

There is no official app. You can create a web portal link for quick access to their site from your phone and use the system just like you could from a keypad. There were some concerns on their forums about how secure this method was though. There are probably some fan created apps for it and they encourage this sort of thing. That might be the best way and use a vpn to access it just like you would your cams.

The alerts cost 0$ per month and it certainly isn't free for them to maintain the service. I think they offer full monitoring for less than 10 bucks a month and I've heard no complaints about it. I'm sure dsc and honeywell really hate them and also part of the reason why I have my doubts this method will work on newer panels. I think even the dsc neo has a encrypted keypad bus for their hardwire setup so this device will not work.

A video can probably show you better.

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
there is also another great item called AD2PI that interfaces with a vista and requires absolutely no cloud based service afaik

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure dsc and honeywell really hate them
I don't know, EnvisiaLink did manufacture a version of their product for DSC that only talks to DSC's monitoring equipment/stations. The TL150: Residential Internet Alarm Communicator - PowerSeries - TL150 Security Products | DSC

There is a local API of sorts but I haven't used it and a local webpage you can access. There's a somebody who posed a video demo of the EVL-3/4 that gives a better sense of real world operation on youtube.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@spork do you have an envisalink? It's been discussed off and on around here but no one has really provided any first hand experience. If you have one what version is it and how do you like it? Best features/challanges/etc? Also, any chance of sharing a few screen shots of app and interface?

Much appreciated!!
Screenshot_20170225-230055.png
This is the basic interface that you see/use. I'm still figuring out some bugs but overall, very useful.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So when the internet is down, you're screwed? Also every hacker on the internet can poke at your security system all day and night?
Unfortunately yes. No internet means no envisilink. On a side note, my router and modem are on an UPS and if I lose AC power to my alarm panel, I'll get a trouble notification giving me a heads up that I have a power loss. Also, though the web interface is open to the Internet, a user code is required to perform any action. Screenshot_20170225-232609.png

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

spork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the envisalink does not require port forwarding. Also you can disable the mobile link and just log into the website normally. or as i said before you could even use a vpn.

I hardly ever need remote access though. I just need reliable notifications.

edit: I just wanted to add that you could probably use the sealevel and trigger from the alarm panel if you want notifications from blue iris. or you could even use the alarm inputs on a ipcam. I haven't tried any of this myself but all you would have to do is add a relay to the bell output and I think there are actually terminals that you can program to trigger as well.

as was mentioned earlier there are so many possibilities and you don't have to use the envisalink.

Last edited:

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have my nvr integrated into 2 zones on my vista panel. One zone is a 24hr trouble zone for network/HDD failure and other system exceptions and the other zone is a monitor zone for line crossing ext.