Sensors used in Dahua cams

wopi82

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I did a diagram showing all the sensors used in Eco Savvy 3.0 and Ultra series from Dahua. The diagram shows sensor size in relation to other sensors as well as camera models, using certain sensor. No PTZ models included and no box cameras – apart from IPC-HF8835F, which is the only camera to use IMX294 sensor. I’ve also omitted variants of certain cameras with different lenses or IR distance. The sensors are arranged by pixel size, from smallest to largest.

cmos-small.jpg

After doing the whole set for Dahua I thought it would be nice to add Hikvision cams. However, due to very limited info, the Hikvision part is mostly a guess. For Dahua I’m 99% sure it is correct.

In Hikvision I’ve omitted 4K models, based on 1.7-inch sensor. I have no clue what sensor it is. I’ve checked Sony, Omnivision, On Semiconductors and Panasonic but with no luck. The same goes for Hikvision's 5-megapixel models. The 2-megapixel DarkFighters are linked to IMX185 sensor. However according to specs, these are based on 1.8-inch sensor.

It would be great if someone could help me with Hikvision, because right now it is a total mess :)

I’ve also read some news about Hikvision’s Dark Fighter X technology, combining IR sensor with color sensor. I wonder how it performs compared to IMX294 and what sensor they use.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wopi82 Thanks for putting that together. Am i correct that in general, a larger pixel size would tend to equate to more light per pixel per unit of time? The IMX294 must be amazing (and large)?

Can you add this as an attachment so i can save it as a pdf?

wopi82

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@bug99 Yes, larger pixel is better as it gathers more light. IMX294 is a monster :)
How do I add an image as an attachment? I can't see such option. Can't you just save the image with "save as" option?

Attachments

Stanislav7

n3wb
Reaction score
Good job. If this scheme would contain: 1. real size of maximal active area (in mm, not vidicon inches); 2. maximal pixel count of the active area (horizontal and vertical) - it will be useful for exact view area modeling.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I did a diagram showing all the sensors used in Eco Savvy 3.0 and Ultra series from Dahua. The diagram shows sensor size in relation to other sensors as well as camera models, using certain sensor. No PTZ models included and no box cameras – apart from IPC-HF8835F, which is the only camera to use IMX294 sensor. I’ve also omitted variants of certain cameras with different lenses or IR distance. The sensors are arranged by pixel size, from smallest to largest.

View attachment 25102

After doing the whole set for Dahua I thought it would be nice to add Hikvision cams. However, due to very limited info, the Hikvision part is mostly a guess. For Dahua I’m 99% sure it is correct.

In Hikvision I’ve omitted 4K models, based on 1.7-inch sensor. I have no clue what sensor it is. I’ve checked Sony, Omnivision, On Semiconductors and Panasonic but with no luck. The same goes for Hikvision's 5-megapixel models. The 2-megapixel DarkFighters are linked to IMX185 sensor. However according to specs, these are based on 1.8-inch sensor.

It would be great if someone could help me with Hikvision, because right now it is a total mess :)

I’ve also read some news about Hikvision’s Dark Fighter X technology, combining IR sensor with color sensor. I wonder how it performs compared to IMX294 and what sensor they use.
Thanks Wopi82! Great job.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This work is very good.Maybe you can add info about DSP used. If you need i can provide some information.

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah awsome work. It actually made me buy 8MP Starvis instead of the 6MP becouse of the same pixel size but higher res. I thought the 6MP would have larger pixels until i saw this.

wopi82

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Roman G That would be graet. From what I know, most of Dahua cameras use Ambarella S3L/S3Lm SOCs, but I have no exact info. Until recently Hikvision also used Ambarellas, but they switched to some other manufacturer.

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
has anyone ever made a new list with the dahua and hikvision 4/3, 1/2, 1/1.7, 1/1.8, 1/1.9 with 8mp 4k with either starlight darkfighter or colorvu

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the sensor used in new hikvision cams with 1/1.2"?