Sentry User Feedback

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Even though the checklist says you can remove advanced options like object detection and zones I think they should be kept in place for various situations. For example if you live on a busy street and your camera view shows cars driving by, or you have tree shadows and live where windy days are common. I kept my motion detection settings the same when I enabled sentry alerts, though my configuration is such that I capture all human activity on my property, as well as stray cats dogs etc that sentry filters for me exceptionally well. I don't see a need to send 1000 messages a day to sentry for analysis, when a lot of falses can be avoided at the local level in settings. I only have sentry do what only AI can do, and handle the rest locally. Just my thoughts on it.
I agree your strategy may be a better approach. It will also be more responsive since BI can weed out some level of false alerts.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
I seem to have been confused a bit. During the day I am unable to hear notifications at times (phone in pocket Bluetooth headset connected but not in my ear) so I tend to rely on the actual notification counter for the app instead of going through the push alerts I get. So the actual alerts pushing to my phone for what I can tell are working correctly now that I am looking at the actual notifications on my phone and not the app itself. Understood the concept just in my mind the apps badge count would match the actual push alert count and not BI total notifications for all cameras. Hopefully down the road, the app will have the choice to only throw notification counts for pushed sentry notifications and not other stuff
I can ask BI to make it an option on the mobile app as well.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Sam,

I am confused, when you say that Sentry isn’t integrated in push notifications yet, but I see that push alerts get cancelled by Sentry when looking at my logs. I know that all alerts show in the alert view of BI, but only only alerts approved by Sentry actually make it to be a push alert. I thought that you had mentioned this in an earlier post after following up with BI support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the alert counter, not the actual push alert. You are correct. The actual alert is suppressed, similar to email and SMS.

-- Sam from Sentry

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the alert counter, not the actual push alert. You are correct. The actual alert is suppressed, similar to email and SMS.

-- Sam from Sentry
Thanks Sam, I thought that was what had been said earlier :) I can’t say enough about the level of support and superior product that Sentry has. I look forward to future releases!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry for delayed responses from last week. I was traveling for work.

So we have our first feature which we would like to beta test with some volunteers. It is a daily summary report that provides a nice synopsis of the activities on your camera for the day. Below are some thoughts of the direction. We have no idea what the final product will look like, so no feedback necessary on below samples.

Right now, we are just looking for 10 volunteers to provide us authorization to use their camera data. We will create an assortment of daily summaries and ask you for your thoughts at that time. If you are interested in volunteering, send an email to support@smarthomesentry.com with the following information:

1. I authorize Sentry to use my camera data. <full name>
2. sentry_id
3. email address

Thanks in advance,

-- Sam from Sentry

upload_2019-4-15_19-27-17.png

upload_2019-4-15_19-27-43.png

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry for delayed responses from last week. I was traveling for work.

So we have our first feature which we would like to beta test with some volunteers. It is a daily summary report that provides a nice synopsis of the activities on your camera for the day. Below are some thoughts of the direction. We have no idea what the final product will look like, so no feedback necessary on below samples.

Right now, we are just looking for 10 volunteers to provide us authorization to use their camera data. We will create an assortment of daily summaries and ask you for your thoughts at that time. If you are interested in volunteering, send an email to support@smarthomesentry.com with the following information:

1. I authorize Sentry to use my camera data. <full name>
2. sentry_id
3. email address

Thanks in advance,

-- Sam from Sentry

View attachment 41475

View attachment 41476
Briefcam has some patents in this area that you guys should look at.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Sentry will be having their first webinar on 2019-Apr-23 (next Tuesday) at 10 am PST and 2 pm PST. Below are details. Look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions!

-- Sam from Sentry

Want to reduce false alerts? Use Sentry AI and get alerts that matter!

Summary:
You like security cameras but hate false alerts? With Sentry AI, you are no longer disrupted by your camera’s motion alerts triggered by wiggling leaves, a squirrel running across the lawn or shadows due to lighting changes.

Join Sam from Sentry to learn best practices to make your security cameras smarter.

Agenda:

- How AI delivers meaningful alerts.
- Enable your security cameras with Sentry AI in less than 5 min.
- Roadmap
- Q&A

No hassle. No hardware upgrade. Stop the nonsense.

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I've 3 onvif cameras and using Blue Iris.

I ran sentry as trial. Works PERFECT with 1 cam.
With the 2 others, logs show : sentry : error : no image found

? please help

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Hello,

I've 3 onvif cameras and using Blue Iris.

I ran sentry as trial. Works PERFECT with 1 cam.
With the 2 others, logs show : sentry : error : no image found

? please help
Help is on the way. I see you created a support ticket (support@smarthomesentry.com) which gets the ball rolling.

-- Sam from Sentry

Reaction score
Sam,

When does it look like non-detection will suppress BI pushes to the iOS and Android app? So that we only have detection alerts rather than leaves moving, lights, etc?

Thanks

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Cannot give you a date right now. No Sentry/BI v2.0 integration discussions until after 5.0 release (June 1). It is high on the priority list.

-- Sam from Sentry

John V

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My bi alerts are 99% bs shadows, wish I could only show sentry Alerts on both iOS app and computer... crazy that was a option day 1