Shipment Delay Notification

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How is the shipping speed to Australia at the moment?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
My point being that "Prime" is supposed to be two day delivery, not seven days to ship followed by two to four days of shipping. Incidentally, there's an Amazon "hub" less than 20 miles from me and another about 30 miles from me. The "prioritization" that they are applying seems very arbitrary and capricious. To top it off it is applied in a very random basis. I ordered things one day and got them the next while other things languish for a week, or more before they finally ship. Not to mention the item I did order, got shipping notification of and ultimately got a refund for because they seem to have lost track of it. I guess I'm spoiled by what they used to be. Now, they're more like dealing with eBay. Granted I'm one tiny, little, fish in the Amazon ocean, but I strongly suspect that there are large schools of us little fish.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My point being that "Prime" is supposed to be two day delivery, not seven days to ship followed by two to four days of shipping. Incidentally, there's an Amazon "hub" less than 20 miles from me and another about 30 miles from me. The "prioritization" that they are applying seems very arbitrary and capricious. To top it off it is applied in a very random basis. I ordered things one day and got them the next while other things languish for a week, or more before they finally ship. Not to mention the item I did order, got shipping notification of and ultimately got a refund for because they seem to have lost track of it. I guess I'm spoiled by what they used to be. Now, they're more like dealing with eBay. Granted I'm one tiny, little, fish in the Amazon ocean, but I strongly suspect that there are large schools of us little fish.
Yes, and it has always been the case, two day delivery. With covid they are prioritizing certain items that are essential. You still get your items faster than if you didnt have prime. While you may think its arbitrary they have a very complex and efficient delivery system so the delivery time may depend on several variables that you simply cannot calculate on your own.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered a Western Digital 12TB purple drive and it was supposed to be here this coming Wednesday. I ordered it last Wednesday. I received a notice that it will arrive tomorrow, Sunday. This was the free shipping and not Prime.

Reaction score
I ordered another one thinking if it showed up I can cancel the other one, but I have not gotten a confirmation of shipping yet and with almost everything I order from prime it is shipped in a hour or 2. I will keep you updated if it ships

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Seems to be moving pretty good right now for DHL. Ordered a 5442 from Andy and he shipped on Friday 5/15 and its already gone through Atlanta today (5/16) on its way to me in FL. Not bad for two days.

shipping.png

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the Amazon shipping time mainly based on your address, they have lots of warehouses in US, if the stock is near your address, it can be delivered very fast, or else have to wait more time.
By the way, right now shipping has big delay from China to USA mainly for big orders, for orders 3-4pcs cams, no big delay.

1589680408060.png

USPS From Califonia to PA, need 9days+ now. Very slow.

1589680514905.png

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That is fast service. Maybe DHL has gone through their backlog.
AHA, fedex,ups samething, right now a full freight direct airplane from China to USA, price is 1.6millons USD/time, so make the normal shipping way price rocket increasing, Some people can really earn super big money from this virus.
Right now DHL to Europe, Australia, NewZeland are back to normal now.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, camera was ordered with Amazon Prime. Camera arrived a few hours ago via the regular postal delivery. I already have the camera up. I'm curious what it will look like at night in forced color mode. Here is the current view.

View attachment 61861
Aha, you place need a 50X super PTZ, lol

Reaction score
My last order from Andy took a little longer to get here, i ordered six cameras from Andy's refurb list he sent me. Then i ordered two from his Amazon store about the same time. Andy's still showed up before Amazon but both orders took way longer than i was used too. But having said that, i put the six cameras up at my aunts house. And two became overview cameras at my house. Amazon said it would be a longer wait for non essential items. But i ordered some other items and they took a month to get here, but i noticed amazon did not charge me until it had shipped.

Reaction score
the second Camera I ordered from amazon yesterday has a delivery date of tomorrow but the first one is still showing not to July

Last edited:

Ace844

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The issue isn't Andy so much as the complete lack of TPAC freight capacity (extremely small passenger belly space availability) and the fact that short of direct charter at 10-50X rates depending on the day has very little available capacity. Top that off with all the major big 3 carriers prioritizing PPE and other related gear that leaves slim pickings for everything else. To the point that normal cargo traffic is limited on a per vendor basis to 100kg (some times more or less) changing daily and different regions/countries have different caps.

So if Andy ships any sort of volume, he'll quickly hit his "ceiling". It's so bad Apple, and others are paying premiums and twisting arms with the carriers to get them to move their normal cargo on dedicated planes....
It's easy to get all you're interfering with my impatience and DILLIGAF I just want my gear; from your couch but a lot of this has little to do with the wholesalers and is largely out of their control due to gvts setting rules/limits arbitrarily and situationally. This is compounded by the big 3 making a large premium on PPE shipments and so they are disincentivized to move the "other stuff" rapidly.