Shipment Delay Notification

Reaction score
I ordered one on 5-15 and it was delivered 5-17 here in Florida the first camera I ordered on 5-8 is still sitting in China, go figure

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered something (not a cam) shipped via DHL from Shenzhen the other day and it moved out of country within 1 day. Watching this thread I was expecting a much longer delay. Maybe things are getting better?

ptsmith24

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine were picked up on Wednesday and sitting in HK now. Scheduled delivery was yesterday and now is “pending”. I imagine I’ll receive them next week some time, but we will see. It’s fine since I still have plenty to do to set up my network, set up my computer, and install wood blocks behind my soffit for mounting.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
My cameras did the same thing. Just the way it is these days. However they did eventually arrive. :)

On my Amazon order for 3 Western Digital 12TB hard drives they were supposed to arrive this Sunday. They came in yesterday on Friday. Standard free shipping.

ptsmith24

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine were delivered by FedEx today. I actually missed them and they left a notice because they wanted a signature. I caught up with them and was able to get the boxes. Now to finish terminating my cat6 cables for my patch panel and then mount the cams this weekend. Getting closer!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fun fact: FedEx plans to cut Express capacity, retire planes
Yes, cut more costs, maximise returns and margins. Now their greed falls onto our feets.
Maximizing profits is not greed, its the basis of capitalism. It is an obligation of any publicly traded company to their shareholders. If you run a private business it should be your goal as well, but its up to you if you want to piss your money away. Why do you think FedEX owes you anything?

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't be rude. Why do they still accept shipping orders even if they know there is no transport capacity at the moment? Shipper is Andy, so I guess it's not his fault. If these companies where a bit more honestly and transparent then the shipper could choose the best one for each receiver e.g. Company A has capacity left for Europe, Company B for the US...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't be rude. Why do they still accept shipping orders even if they know there is no transport capacity at the moment? Shipper is Andy, so I guess it's not his fault. If these companies where a bit more honestly and transparent then the shipper could choose the best one for each receiver e.g. Company A has capacity left for Europe, Company B for the US...
You demand to control fedex operations and call them greedy for running a business but I am the rude one? Dont get me wrong, I have no problem being rude. Its my forum. This is not an internet safe space.
I dont know if its andy's fault or not. Ask him when he turned over the package and to whom. Before ranting about fedex, do you know when andy turned the package over to fedex? Did he use a service that handed it to fedex? When a packed his handed to fedex its marked as you see on 5/28. The 5/19 shipment informantion simply indicates that someone printed a label.
How do you know fedex does not have capacity? You do understand that the DEMAND is down. So they dont need the same capacity they had before.

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't want to annoy you. I'm just a bit angry about the situation. They predicted arrival for this Monday, and since then it was on "pending" with no update until today. I know there would be delay but that's just crazy and their customer service blame the shipper for not handing over the shipment to Fedex.

Demand is not down, no company has sufficient capacity: "Shanghai-Europe rates have already increased 340% year-on-year, and Shanghai-North America rates by 272%." Their prediction was just wrong. Now capacity in passenger planes is missing (60% of all freight capacity) and shipping takes ages but on their website predicted delivery times have not changed, still claims 5 days door to door and this is dishonest.
The data they have from tracking could show very precise real delivery times.