"Smart Detect" feature of Dahua camera!

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
in image 2247, "lake house" is enabled, you have "push type : image" and "audio detect" enabled.
But not IVS, if I'm interpreting the screenshot properly.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
in image 2247, "lake house" is enabled, you have "push type : image" and "audio detect" enabled.
But not IVS, if I'm interpreting the screenshot properly.
For some reason on 2247 image it doesn't show it is selected. But when you enter the menu each time (image 2248) they are all selected. I also tested it with the audio detect over and over. And no push is ever sent.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Caligirl,

Wow, lotsa progress! Is tah because you read the manual? (unlike me, lol)
And thanks for the tips on how to use Smart PSS 2.0
You may have saved me the effort to read the manual!

I saw the blue IVS lines, and some that turned red when something crossed them. But it wasn't you that crossed the tripwire and caused an event. It was some phantom object that IVS was tracking.
For some reason, you weren't picked up as a moving object.
Hmmm.
And instead, other "things" were picked up as objects.

Playing with contrast, sharpness, etc may help the IVS object identification performance improve.

I also noticed a short vertical tripwire near the end of your walk-about. You may want to increase the size of it. Why? 50% of the tracked object must cross the tripwire to create an event. With that short trip line, an object could slip around the line, and only 10% to 40% would traverse the trip line.

I found trip-lines don't have to be simple straight lines. it could be "L" shaped, or saw tooth, etc. I haven't experimented yet. But I thought it might come in handy to make a dog-leg around a branch that swings in the wind....

In push notifications, I see you chose push type of "image". Then you get an error of "no file" presumably. I never tried pushing an image. I prefer to push video, about 20 seconds worth. You might try that. For me, push notification w/ gDMSS was a breeze to set up. Just lucky, I guess.

And getting closer!

Fastb
I always read the manuals, but they are poorly written. They are to basic. They don't describe the features much or what logic is behind things (such as why it hides my channels each time the app opens).

I will play with contrast and brightness like you said. Hard to do when I only have a day to set it up and leave. That was the cable guy coming to repair a few things. Poor guy didn't bring snow shoes and was falling through the snow. He also didn't have a boom truck like most, most have been a contract person.

The short vertical strip was meant to pick up a vehicle that drives down the driveway. I didn't want it to pick up small items or false triggers from the tree swaying. A dog walked right past it and it never trigged. Probably should be bigger but I can't adjust it remotely now. Or at least I can't figure out how to with the hardware provided. I never thought about zig zag lines, that is a good idea.I think the scene is too complex during the day to track an object with the green box. it worked ok at night with less overall movement and less details.

Here is a good example of it going off last night with a dog walking around. Each time it triggers the feed goes blank and then comes back. Hopefully it actually saves that data to a separate motion file otherwise you loose the important part. On the IOS app, those blank areas are the motion triggers but you can access them without the Smart PSS 2.0 oSX:

Pretty neat how this all works. SOoo much better then motion detection. Unfortunately my 30x PTZ does not have this feature. When you try to use it, it says unaavail. And oen more during the da:

Last edited:

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
nice zig zag trip wire lines!
And no blackouts like in previous video.
Object identification and tracking worked better too.

I've not experienced the blackout like you posted. No hunches.
I lose a few frames when the IVS sees an "event". The image freezes, and when it returns, the dog would have been a step or two ahead.
But screen doesn't go blank. And the interruption I see doesn't last as long.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks.

What is the purpose of "Object identification and tracking" Is that so a PTZ could follow the subject around? or what is the purpose on a static camera?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
It's. the green box. A moving object. The box "ttracks" the mvmt of the object

No relation to ptz that i know of. Is grin box (object tracking) is p'bly not well suited for ptz tracking....

I Don't have a ptz, so I'll stop talking now

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I didn´t read everything here...

I don´t use IVS with smartpss 2.0 because it seems to be an independent system. Means IVS roules inside of the cams defined are unknown to smartpss and if i define new ones, it doesn´t record to my 4k nvr. So i only use smartpss 2.0 only a as better monitoring and playback system.