SmartPSS on macOS Catalina

alex_mz

n3wb
Reaction score
A strange official program. At startup, it needs to be given the ability to inbound network connections. and remote access to the computer on which is installed? What for?

786saw

n3wb
Reaction score
I've installed this latest version but when I move the program to an external screen all the images zoom in and then the program crashes! This also happens when I try and resize the program. Anyone else experiencing this?

786saw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
If you use external monitor to watch cameras thats not working. Camera windows only show down left corner of each camera picture. Looks like that its some scaling problem.
I get that issue too - and its still there on the latest version.. Any ideas how to fix this?

prophetvx

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with CPU use? The app is unusable for me from the moment it is launched. It maxes out my CPU on both a brand new macbook pro and 2 year old iMac.

I'm contemplating ditching the NVR and doing a blue iris setup now, I can't believe how bad the support is for this to drag on for 3 months when Dahua knew this moment was coming 5 years ago and they release it in this state.

RoHo

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with CPU use? The app is unusable for me from the moment it is launched. It maxes out my CPU on both a brand new macbook pro and 2 year old iMac.

I'm contemplating ditching the NVR and doing a blue iris setup now, I can't believe how bad the support is for this to drag on for 3 months when Dahua knew this moment was coming 5 years ago and they release it in this state.
Yep! CPU very high and also using the newest version rises the CPU temperature to 50 degrees Celsius... (Normal 30 degrees) Also hiding or minimizing the app causes a loss of the connection of to the cam's (cmd-h or cmd-m) after a very short time. Very glad we have a 64bit version now but there has to be done a lot of work to this 64bit Apple mac app by Dahua

cctvapro

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep! CPU very high and also using the newest version rises the CPU temperature to 50 degrees Celsius... (Normal 30 degrees) Also hiding or minimizing the app causes a loss of the connection of to the cam's (cmd-h or cmd-m) after a very short time. Very glad we have a 64bit version now but there has to be done a lot of work to this 64bit Apple mac app by Dahua
I have the same issue with the new SmartPSS version. Extremely hight CPU load which almost killed my new MacBook pro 8-Core Intel Core i9 !!!

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just downloaded SmartPSS windows version and it runs very well, except for some minor quirks.
Good application for camera testing.

RoHo

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the new SmartPSS version. Extremely hight CPU load which almost killed my new MacBook pro 8-Core Intel Core i9 !!!
Also I discovered that SmartPSS Mac 64 bit has trouble to quit when shutting down the Mac or using the command-q key.

jan10

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I am also looking forward to the official release so I can upgrade to the new mac version. Thanks for all your testing activities. But when it is available can I just install and it will take over the existing configurations of all my camera's ? I hope I do not have to reconfigure everything ...
thanks
jan

Reaction score
Hi
I am also looking forward to the official release so I can upgrade to the new mac version. Thanks for all your testing activities. But when it is available can I just install and it will take over the existing configurations of all my camera's ? I hope I do not have to reconfigure everything ...
thanks
jan
With the beta, all I needed to do was log into the system. Everything came up after that.

John

Patman74

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

i experience all previous issues related by others users : CPU overheating, crash when i quit, errors to capture a picture (snapshot not possible, i have to save picture by capturing screen!), backward does not work properly (steps backward, forward, backward, forward etc), all is very very slow. This version 20191203 of SmartPSS for Catalina simply does not work, too much bugs.

Difficult to wait until Dahua will provide a fixed usable version: does anyone know an other sofware to manage NVR and cameras (even not free !) ?

Thanks