Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted vendor

tone363

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

So is everyone buying the DS-2cd2335-i 3MP or is something like this better DS-2CD3345-I for 70.63? I am curious as this would be my first camera purchase. We are looking for 4 cameras on the corners of our house. Just never really shopped for these before and trying to figure out what is best. Our house is rather small and so is our yard. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

So is everyone buying the DS-2cd2335-i 3MP or is something like this better DS-2CD3345-I for 70.63? I am curious as this would be my first camera purchase. We are looking for 4 cameras on the corners of our house. Just never really shopped for these before and trying to figure out what is best. Our house is rather small and so is our yard. Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I would but I don't like that it can't do 60 Hz

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yeah, I prefer the 2335 over the 3345 due to its better build quality (less plastic).

For low light sensitivity, you have sensor size, sensor tech, and photosite/pixel size. Sensor size makes the biggest different - it makes the pixels/photosites larger if you keep the same number. Higher resolution (4MP vs 3MP) in the same sensor has smaller photosites so it won't perform as well in low light, but has increased detail (if the lens is sufficiently improved to resolve 30% more detail).

I currently have two Dahua 720P 1/3" 3.6mm cameras, six Hik 2032 1/3" 4mm, and one Hik 2335 1/3" 2.8mm. Purchased additionally this week two Huisun PTZ 1/2.8" 5.1-51mm cameras and four Hik 2335 1/3" 2.8mm cameras to add into the mix. They're all good values, and I have no complaints about my existing 2335. I wanted some more 1/3"/2.8mm combos for better area-coverage. Of course a wide angle lens won't get you as much detail since it is stuffing more into the screen, so 4mm through 12mm may be better for some placements.

I don't think you can go wrong with these, or the 2032 cameras. More than anything, plan on what you want to see. If you're covering a wide area or a subject is far away, you won't get much detail. Entry/exit points work with higher focal length lenses to catch details, then the wide ones let you see what the subject is doing on the premises. When I used to install analog systems over 10 years ago, we would capture entrance doors/roads/sidewalks to get the detail, then we'd use wide angles to catch the premises action. Even with megapixel cameras, this is still needed - just to a lesser extent.

tone363

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

At the risk of sounding like a noob is there a reason why people chose the 2335's over some of the other cameras available? For instance the 2135 and the 2035. Thanks

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Turret style which are easy to adjust better ir no spider webs.

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Another total noob here. I'm looking to replace my analog system. Fortunately I pre-wired to each outdoor camera location with CAT6 a few years ago. I have reviewed the excellent forums here but have a few questions.

I think I'm going to order one of these 2335 cameras as a learning tool. I understand that I can't upgrade the firmware. My questions:

Is there any way to put this camera on my network (using my 8 port POE switch) and view the camera live on my LAN with just a PC app of some sort for initial testing before I purchase an NVR?

Am I limited to a Hikvision NVR like a 7608NI? Any specific model suggestions? There appears to be an N model and NI model?

Thanks much. Howard

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Is there any way to put this camera on my network (using my 8 port POE switch) and view the camera live on my LAN with just a PC app of some sort for initial testing before I purchase an NVR?

Am I limited to a Hikvision NVR like a 7608NI? Any specific model suggestions? There appears to be an N model and NI model?
The cameras have their own web interface for viewing and management. They can even write recordings directly to a network-shared drive. No need for any separate recorder.

You can use a NVR, or computer software, if you want central control of all the cameras. A lot of people love Blue Iris software for Windows or ZoneMinder on Linux - both good, cheap software options. I've used Blue Iris for years, and with the recent hardware-acceleration update to greatly decrease CPU load (and in turn power-usage) on Intel CPUs, I don't see any reason to go with any other product.

Warsaws

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Can these 2335's do 60 Hz? The listing says it can, but I've read on this forum that it cannot.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Specs say they can but I can't see anywhere on mine that it is. I just ordered 3 more though as I am happy with results so far with or without 60hz I guess 50hz is fine for me. The supplier still has not responded to me yet.

bkch0

n3wb
Reaction score

Specs say they can but I can't see anywhere on mine that it is. I just ordered 3 more though as I am happy with results so far with or without 60hz I guess 50hz is fine for me. The supplier still has not responded to me yet.
Is it not under configuration -> Basic configuration -> Image -> Video Adjustment -> Video Standard?

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Looks like they are on sale again.

juha

n3wb
Reaction score

It's Chinese cameras converted to multilanguage. Ezviz is working on this cameras? Thanks fo reply.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I don't understand this. I ordered four cameras, two separate orders with 2 cams each, on 03/29. Received shipped status on 04/02. Received text message from DHL about 04/05 delivery/tomorrow. Says it left Hong Kong today and got into US customs today.

So:

1) They shipped my two separate orders/4 total items together in an expedited DHL package. They refused on my previous single order of 4 cameras.
2) Somehow DHL can make deliveries incredibly fast, including get through customs?
3) DHL says the shipper is DINODIRECT CHINA LIMITED (some people may recognize that storefront name - I've purchased much from there over the years)

Of course being in China, the package technically left China tomorrow, 04/05, and arrived in US customs on 04/04. DHL can time travel!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I don't understand this. I ordered four cameras, two separate orders with 2 cams each, on 03/29. Received shipped status on 04/02. Received text message from DHL about 04/05 delivery/tomorrow. Says it left Hong Kong today and got into US customs today.

So:

1) They shipped my two separate orders/4 total items together in an expedited DHL package. They refused on my previous single order of 4 cameras.
2) Somehow DHL can make deliveries incredibly fast, including get through customs?
3) DHL says the shipper is DINODIRECT CHINA LIMITED (some people may recognize that storefront name - I've purchased much from there over the years)

Of course being in China, the package technically left China tomorrow, 04/05, and arrived in US customs on 04/04. DHL can time travel!
My 3 cameras just showed up today via DHL that were ordered on Mar 29th, wow I know they would not have shown up from US that fast. DHL charged me $26 Cdn to clear and for taxes which I gladly paid as they were lighting fast. Never heard of that supplier but my link from XIray is the supplier I use. I will update the camera quality status, version and the 50hz 60hz probably tommorow.

Update : Yes mine too say DINODIRECT thats a first perhaps they used a third party for the sale strange, I wont care if they work and are what I ordered though. Mine was opened by customs and repacked with security checked sticker.

strat

n3wb
Reaction score

which seller did you end up buying from?

I have also used dino direct before but not from AE via the website they have very long time ago.. pretty sure they have some small green dino as logo :D

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

which seller did you end up buying from?

I have also used dino direct before but not from AE via the website they have very long time ago.. pretty sure they have some small green dino as logo :D
Same seller as listed in this thread - XinRay Opto-electronic Tech. CO.,LTD

I don't think I've purchased from Dino Direct since 2011 or 2012.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

When I click on the link, it asks me to choose a horizontal resolution...this will be my first purchase on aliexpress...is this just a left ovr from analog cameras? Or am I newbie missing something?

Like the title says great deal, and I have bought 6 cameras from this supplier all great ! all metal construction for those that are willing to buy China. Only had one software issue on one 2132 f-is which was resolved. You need to confirm 50 and 60hz on the 4MP and seems a plastic base on the 4mp.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Multi-language-Full-HD-V5-3-3-1080P-CCTV-Camera-DS-2CD2335-I-With-30m-IR/319147_32464044170.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Full-HD-4MP-Multi-language-V5-3-3-CCTV-Camera-DS-2CD3345-I-POE-ONVIF-Support/319147_32465044958.html

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

When I click on the link, it asks me to choose a horizontal resolution...this will be my first purchase on aliexpress...is this just a left ovr from analog cameras? Or am I newbie missing something?
I assume the selections are something left over (legacy product options) on ali express. 380TVL = 2.8mm lens, 480TVL = 4mm lens (as shown in the image in the product description section). I selected 2.8mm (380TVL) for my turret cameras. I have plenty of 4mm and greater in the bullet form factor.

strat

n3wb
Reaction score

They just have that selection for the type of lens you would like to purchase..

HTB1S3EtJXXXXXaOXFXXq6xXFXXXd.jpg