(Solved)NVR DS-7600: Need to disable or delete Cameras D5-D8

LexLuthor6

n3wb
Reaction score
This NVR has a NIC Card for the iP Cameras, and automatically assigns all 8 iP Camera's wither anything is plugged in or not. That is cool and all but some cameras at the location cannot be directly plugged into the NVR, and the NVR will not allow any more iP cameras be added via the network because all 8 are being taken up via the internal NIC card. Is there a way to disable this card(or some ports) so I not have to plug all the cameras in directly to the unit? I have a feeling that this model does not have this capability, and I will have to exchange it for a different model that will fit my needs.

Thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This NVR has a NIC Card for the iP Cameras, and automatically assigns all 8 iP Camera's wither anything is plugged in or not. That is cool and all but some cameras at the location cannot be directly plugged into the NVR, and the NVR will not allow any more iP cameras be added via the network because all 8 are being taken up via the internal NIC card. Is there a way to disable this card(or some ports) so I not have to plug all the cameras in directly to the unit? I have a feeling that this model does not have this capability, and I will have to exchange it for a different model that will fit my needs.

Thanks
Welcome LexLuthor

I wanted to welcome you here as I noticed this was your first post. I don't have an answer for your question. Hopefully someone with more hikvision nvr experience will come along with a good reply.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable this card(or some ports) so I not have to plug all the cameras in directly to the unit? I have a feeling that this model does not have this capability, and I will have to exchange it for a different model that will fit my needs.
You don't need to do anything like that, unless you want to sell it cheaply to me - there is a simple solution.
To exchange the pre-defined NVR PoE port channels for use by LAN-connected cameras, proceed as follows:

In the NVR web GUI, select / highlight a channel that you will not be directly connecting a camera into.
Using the 'Modify' button, change the mode to Manual from Plug&Play
Change the IP address from the original default (probably something like 192.168.254.x) to match that of the LAN-connected camera that you want the channel to connect with.
If the password, protocol, port are still correct, click OK.
Wait 10 seconds and go find the camera in Live View.

Job done.