Solving some NFS issues on Hikvision cameras

Discussion in 'Hikvision' started by networkcameracritic, Mar 10, 2014.

Share This Page

1. venturis

venturis Young grasshopper

Can you please tell me what camera model and firmware version you are using?

I've tried getting SMB share working on Windows10 without any success with a 2CD2385 and 2CD2335 both on firmware 5.5.51 and 5.5.0 respectively.

I had them both working with Windows 7 Pro but needed to upgraded to Windows 10 for another reason.

Since going to Windows 10 I can't get NetHDD working from the camera interface. I have turned off the firewall, allowed public sharing and disabled password access all just to try and make it work again. But nothing.

When I try to "Test" the settings I always get the following error "Mounting to NAS server failed. Invalid directory or incorrect user name/password" which pretty much means it could be anything!

I know all the parameters are correct therefore I can only imagine there is something in Windows 10 that stops the shares being seen by the cameras.

2. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

From what I recall, Win10 by default doesn't support the older version of SMB (Server Message Block) that's required.
    I suspect you can re-enable support - but I don't know how - I have never used Win10 - but Google will know for sure.

venturis likes this.
  3. venturis

venturis Young grasshopper

You are an absolute genius!... About 30 seconds of Google searching and the answer was there...you were right...I needed to enable SMB v1 on my Windows 10 box by adding addtional features to Windows10 in the "Add Programs and Features Menu"

That done and now the share can be seen from the Windows 10 PC.

I wish I'd asked this question earlier and saved myself several days of pulling out my hair.

Thanks again.

alastairstevenson likes this.