Sooo Honeywell L7000 panel...

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
w/your Registration and hit you up later.. and most criminals might overlook it and not even try the button.
You know another place where people check your registration info is at car service places(known to have ex felons working there) so make sure you don't piss them off too bad at the lube shop or if you take your vehicle to get repaired. Don't ask me how i know.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well that puts me back in the game of not programming my vehicles and getting the adapters to make it happen! :)
That sucks, thats the main reason to use it.. bout to get another Audi with HomeLink; better work like it did on my last Audi and require ignition to be on.

At least with the built in opener they cant steal it out of WallMart parking lot w/your Registration and hit you up later.. and most criminals might overlook it and not even try the button.
Just test it if it doesn't work they way you want you can erase it or your opener pretty easily, worst case it's still a little better than leaving an opener remote in the car. For new car you could probably test it on a test drive with some creativity. I suspect the more luxury brands may make a point of doing smarter things (there could even be some patent they have to license).

There's still a chance power to the homelink system gets cut after a longer time interval, but I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble of testing it.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'd have to buy the homelink adapter x 2... My wife and i will slum it with a normal garage door opener. :)

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'd have to buy the homelink adapter x 2... My wife and i will slum it with a normal garage door opener. :)
iirc, you park in the driveway and she parks in the garage. You could always do as nayr suggests in another thread and use an NFC tag and tasker or similar to trigger your future automation system from your phone instead of keeping the remote in the car (I actually do this too, but I'm considering some new phones without NFC). It's a great way to make sure you don't forget your phone.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, i asked the wife if she had any interest today and she said no. I think I will set it up for myself and then the jealousy will make her come around. I cleaned out the garage last week, so now we are both back in! I know you guys don't know me, but this is a big deal. :)

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That sucks, thats the main reason to use it.. bout to get another Audi with HomeLink; better work like it did on my last Audi and require ignition to be on.

At least with the built in opener they cant steal it out of WallMart parking lot w/your Registration and hit you up later.. and most criminals might overlook it and not even try the button.
Mist German cars require key in. My sister last few bmw and her current 16 x5m require it.

My honda ridgeline and tsx are not the same, but a simple probe and relay solved the issue....

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mist German cars require key in. My sister last few bmw and her current 16 x5m require it.

My honda ridgeline and tsx are not the same, but a simple probe and relay solved the issue....
I know there are wires within the mirror that only get power when the car is on for the compass and auto dimming mirror so modifying it is doable.