AviCo

n3wb
Reaction score
need to add install new outdoor camera ,
installing new cable there not an option ,
splitting the existing cable to 2 cameras
I found some connector which suppose to do that:

IP cameras are Dahua 6MP ,
Is any one has experience splitting 1 Ethernet cable to 2 cameras with similar connector?

Reaction score
Just installed this, which appears to be working well: LINOVISION Mini Passive 2 Port POE Switch

I'm running two Dahuas (IPC-HDW5442TM-AS and IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E), with the switch installed in one of the mounting boxes.

Total power through the device is high relative to the spec (~7W vs 8W max), but a 24 hour burn-in showed that the device itself produces little heat. I also did repeated simultaneous reboots of both cameras and experienced no brownouts or other odd behavior.

Total bandwidth for both cameras is ~1Mb with no appreciable packet loss.

Been installed for about two weeks in the CA desert. We'll see how long it lasts when the temps start to rise again.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just installed this, which appears to be working well: LINOVISION Mini Passive 2 Port POE Switch

I'm running two Dahuas (IPC-HDW5442TM-AS and IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E), with the switch installed in one of the mounting boxes.

Total power through the device is high relative to the spec (~7W vs 8W max), but a 24 hour burn-in showed that the device itself produces little heat. I also did repeated simultaneous reboots of both cameras and experienced no brownouts or other odd behavior.

Total bandwidth for both cameras is ~1Mb with no appreciable packet loss.

Been installed for about two weeks in the CA desert. We'll see how long it lasts when the temps start to rise again.
Right off the bat, 2 greats things I like about it: 1) it fits in a circular mounting box and 2) it can fit onto a DIN rail (love DIN rail stuff).
Hopefully the 3rd great thing will be next September when you tell us that it survived the CA desert heat!

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :)

fjkum

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think that thing works. It won't be stable.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
need to add install new outdoor camera ,
installing new cable there not an option ,
splitting the existing cable to 2 cameras
I found some connector which suppose to do that:

IP cameras are Dahua 6MP ,
Is any one has experience splitting 1 Ethernet cable to 2 cameras with similar connector?
I've had a single gigabit line split to two cams - one a regular POE cam and the 2nd one a POE+ PTZ cam. Has been working great for the month or so I've been using it outdoors in the damp weather.

This is what I used to split it - note: it requires a gigabit connection to split down to 2x 10/100 lines.

fjkum

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had a single gigabit line split to two cams - one a regular POE cam and the 2nd one a POE+ PTZ cam. Has been working great for the month or so I've been using it outdoors in the damp weather.

This is what I used to split it - note: it requires a gigabit connection to split down to 2x 10/100 lines.

Could you share the pins layout?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been using a couple of split single cables for over a year with no problems, using home-made splitters and combiners. The non-gigabit connections use only the green and orange pairs in the network cable. All I do i this:
1) On the switch end, redirect the orange and green pairs from one switch channel to the brown and blue pairs on the long network cable.
2) One the camera end of the cable, route the green and orange pairs of the long cable to one camera, and the brown and blue pairs of the long cable to the orange and green pairs of the 2nd camera.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could you share the pins layout?

I was using the standard T568B wiring pattern with RJ45 connector. I make my own cables and just plugged them in and they worked. I didn't concern myself with any individual wires/pins. Not sure it that helps.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a post I made regarding this subject...

poe-box.jpeg

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How good is this for outdoors?

fjkum

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's a post I made regarding this subject...

View attachment 49830
Will this work with TP-LINK TL-POE150S Poe injector?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited: