SriCam Device Viewer NOT WORKING

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
foscams are shit too.. thats all your going to find with PTZ under $150.. bottom of the barrel cheap shit thats more effective at burning money than providing security... even between $150-$300 most are still junk, but a few gems can be found in the mix.

People need to stop using WebCams for security cameras, sure they work in a pinch.. but if your designing a security system around shit webcams.. then your wasting your time and money, you'll figure this out when you do get robbed and the video proves to be absolutely worthless.

Fixed cameras is another game, you can get really decent fixed cams between $65-$200.. but if your not willing to spend money, your getting toys.. not tools.

This is a no tolerance zone for junk, buy all the junk you want.. just dont start recommending it to folks here without being called out on it. If you go out and buy junk cameras and think they are great, then dont think your opinions hold any weight here.

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
video cameras are no deterrence, those criminals have the same shitty cheap harbor freight video systems and know they are absolutely worthless.

your low expectations are good, but misguided.. many of us here with actual quality system have produced reliable results, time and time again..

yeah I know of the long threads on the cheap cameras generating alot of interest and discussion, and if you read em you'll find they are loaded with malware and provide you with less security simply by using them than throwing them away.. but I digress, cheap asses are the reason I can go throw a bunch of usb disks down in a parking lot and steal a bunch of identities.

a large part of security is reliability, these things are likely going to have to run trouble-free for a very long time before they actually do anything productive.. so when you get serious, pay for quality or dont bother.. Murphy is a bitch and in these situations you need all the help you can get.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ive installed a handful of high end Acti PTZ's as they were the former crown holder, they are frankly way to over-priced for what they are.. and only commercial enterprises could afford to burn money on scales like that.. they failed at an absurdly high rate for the price people are paying for em, for that kind of money they should last the long haul.. at least on average.

my Dahuas are just as capable as the Acti's, for a fraction of the cost.. and so far they seem to be far more reliable to boot..

so Acti shoot them selves in the foot by letting china overtake them in quality and match them in performance.

with these cheap shit cams, your paying too much for too little.. with those expensive name brand Acti/Panasonic/Bosh/etc your also paying too much for too little, just on the other end.. but if its your job on the line, its always safe to go with the big name brand.. nobody will blame you when they fail.. as they say in the tech industry, nobody got fired for choosing Microsoft..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You're calling a Foscam a "true" IP Camera, and Acti, junk?

I came her to follow a link about a camera I already have. I'm not sure whether it's a "Sricam" or not, and neither are you. In fact, you don't know who actually "makes" most of these cameras. Many are just re-branded, and it might be good to carry a discussion far enough to determine some of the answers to that question. But, that requires actual discussion.

I just mounted my "Zilink" camera on the side of my house and the image and operation are quite good. Better than any Foscam product to date. Much can be learned from discussing products -- the good and the bad. But, if the only "good" cameras are the ones you have, then you should just post the list of your superior cameras and much of the discussion could just come to an end.

Also, just purchased another uncertain-brand PTZ that I look forward to trying out. Might actually be made by Sricam, who knows.

PS: I'm assuming that tolerance of criticism goes both ways...
You are new, and possibly a bit slow and obtuse for your own good. I get it. This forum was started because others were not allowing users to trash foscam. My point wast that even crappy foscam cameras are a better choice than sricam. That went way over your head. Sricam is one of the worst of the bunch..its down there with lefun and annke. Acti is junk too, ok firmware but horrific hardware, but worse its insanely overpriced. You only continue to believe they are better because you need to justify your wastfule purchase. There are lots of installers here and in other forums who can go on and on about their horrific failure rate. The image quality of their high res cams are a complete and utter joke. They should be ashamed of themselves. Sricam is both junk hardware and firmware. Worst of both words. You can chose to play around with crap cameras. Good for you. It becomes a problem when the camera is recommended to others. Sricam is a horrific brand and should NEVER be used. EVER.
This forum is full of recommendations and threads on decent value cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your forum frequently directs people to buy directly from Chinese outlets. It is well known that the cost to return something to China is almost always more than the price of the item itself. In some cases, it would be a net loss to return the item -- assuming you would get any refund at all.

This "suggestion" is a complete waste of time to someone who already owns a Chinese camera purchased from a Chinese outlet. You should know that.
Sricam is widely sold by US sellers including amazon. So the suggestion is VALID. Stop being an idiot. The poster did not indicate where he purchased from. Your logic is terribly flawed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon is full of people who don't know how to set up their own router, much less install a Chinese-made camera for remote access on a phone app.

Two posts above, you recommended a "Foscam" camera. So, which is it? Are Foscams good, or junk?
Again you are highlighting your poor reading comprehension skills. Foscam is junk but MUCH MUCH better than sricam. If you would bother reading my prior posts on this and other forums you would see that I berate foscam all the time. Point is, even foscam is better than sricam garbage. If you want a decent indoor camera look at the laview/hikvision 1080p cubes available often for 80 dollars. Good image, line crossing, PIR sensor, poe/wifi.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not new to dealing with ignorance. I could go on and one about how Fender produces crap. If you bought "Fender" products, maybe you bought crap, junk, made-in Mexico garbage.

Maybe you are new to dealing with people engaged in a hobby. You complained about another site deleting posts that said this brand or that brand was crap. But you are doing something much worse by attempting to shut down discussion of various products which could lead to the same close-minded opinion you have, or could lead to someone learning something beneficial.

Do you have a section dedicated to well-known manufacturers -- like Fender -- who product both absolute crap which people buy every day, and some learn on, and also produce some very good products?

I've read lots and lots of the sections where people claim to have bought some otherwise "junk" Chinese camera and had good results. Then, the model changes or the firmware changes or some of the hardware changes and the next person who tries to buy the same item ends up wasting their money.

Your tirade on the fires page of this thread was a complete waste of time. Just a tirade with nothing constructive to say to reply to the person who had a legitimate question about a product he owns. Maybe if he was asking about a Fender "FrontMan" amp or Squire guitar you would have had glowing remarks.
I am not new to dealing with newbies. You are clearly inexperience. I will prevent you from spewing this nonsese and recommending this GARBAGE called sricam. My "tirades" are not a waste of time. The are very useful to newbies who might see your posts and wrongfully assume that the SRICAM is a good buy. Its not. It should NEVER be purchased or used. Take some time to actually learn about IP cameras, the technology behind them, and the manufactures, you clearly do not have a grasp of this. Stop recommending crap.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't recommend anything. Thought this site was about honesty? To say that I "recommended" Sricam is simply dishonest. Maybe, you just didn't read the discussion and just jumped the gun when you saw the word "Sricam".

Who actually makes "Sricam" and what other products are made by the same manufacturer but marketed under different names? If you could answer that, that might be helpful information.
Sricam has the same guys who assemble all the other cheap ptz type cameras make it for them, with the same cheap parts, hence, they are crap. The firmware, is even worse. Stable firmware is the most important part of a camera. Stop recommending garbage. Sricam is garbage and should never be purchased. There are enough well known tested good quality cameras at decent prices to make buying this rubbish simply dumb. You suffer from a desire to justify your purchase - like many others who buy low end crap. That desire makes you defend the product despite knowing that its garbage.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's an example of misleading information leading to a bad purchase.

This person apparently bought some off-brand Chinese camera -- based on recommendations made here -- and ended up with nothing but problems.

I give up! (Chinese cameras) need help/recommendations.

There are clearly bigger issues than someone discussion one particular brand.
That person failed to read the recommendations which state not to update firmware on china region hikvision cameras. And my position over the last few years that in the US the prices have come down to a point where it no longer makes sense to buy hikvision from china. You need to read the forum more. Learn something useful. Also lets never forget that Sricam is junk.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
720p and Wifi are also shit.. never forget that either. ;)

What fenderman is trying to pound into your pea sized head, there is more junk out there than there are jewels.. especially if your cameras cost you less than a new pair of sneakers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
And what I will continue to try to pound into yours and his pea sized heads is that ad hominem attacks are not persuasive. If the only purpose is to argue back and forth with personal attacks, well, ok; I've got time.

My cameras are probably better than your cameras. Now, does that help anybody with anything? Is this the kiddie side of the forum? Where's the forum for adults talking about a hobby?
Most users here are not hobbyists looking to play with junk toy cameras like sricam. Thats your problem. Most are looking for quality reliable cameras for their home or business. A sricam has no place in either. You dont seem to get it. You lack of understand and inexperience in this field is evident. Please do yourself a favor and educate yourself. Those sricams are complete garbage, the fact that you dont see that speaks volumes.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your responsible for dragging this thread into the gutter, Im just keeping it right where it belongs... I thought you were taking your ball and going home, but you keep coming back for more abuse.. so what does that say about you?

I believe your looking for Facebook.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, I ask again for you and Mr. Administrator -- which was the subject of my post: Who makes Sricam, HooToo, EasyN, Zilink and Ctronics (plus others) cameras which all look very similar and have similar functions?
Answer: A factory just outside HongKong, in Shenzhen specifically, that cranks these out as cheap and fast as they can.. you can buy a boat full of em too and sell em on amazon under the name of FarmerKrap if you would like.. the'll even print it on the camera and box for free if you buy enough.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't say I was going anywhere. If Mr. Adminstrator wants to delete my account or messages, he's the man, go ahead. But, don't post a reply to my posts and make a claim that I said something which I didn't say and expect me not to reply.

So, I ask again for you and Mr. Administrator -- which was the subject of my post: Who makes Sricam, HooToo, EasyN, Zilink and Ctronics (plus others) cameras which all look very similar and have similar functions?

If you can't answer (and you can't) it would have been better to have let the discussion -- started on Page 1 -- to continue so that maybe other brand labels could be put in the same category as you place Sricam. Now, that question remains unanswerd and nearly five pages of wasted ad hominem attacks all for nothing. Which was the other point of my initial, first post.
Again you are showing your ignorance. Each camera brand you mention is complete JUNK. Bottom barrel crap. They are NOT manufactured by the same company despite the outward casing appearance being the same. Even if they were made by the same manufacture I can assure you the parts are not of the same quality as premium cameras. How do I know, because ive dissembled these crap cams. If seen them fail one after the other. I see their processors and firmware unable to send a constant stable stream. And thats where you are missing the point. FIRMWARE. SRICAMS firmware is CRAP. Their cameras are useless for security. Please stop trapping others into making the same dumb foolish mistake you did.
Please test a hikvision or dahua camera and look at the build quality INTERNALLY and externally then come back here with your nonsense. Sricam is garbage. I will not delete your account. Thats not how we work here. We just point out how you are wrong so that this thread is a great future reference to anyone buying these cameras.
Your ignorance about this field is mind blowing. A total newbie trying to justify dumb purchases. Stop misleading others. Its disgusting.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can take any piece of electronics you want, ship it to china and the'll rip it off and mass produce you a greatly cheaper version at quantities.. ripping off hardware is a piece of cake.

ripping the software off is much more difficult, without the source its really hard.. espically once you need to change things.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A no name factory in china makes these products, en masse.. and they are White Label cameras

You'll never trace it to the original factory, they have to keep that a trade secret.. because then you can go there and ask them to make you the same camera and they will.

Hikvision and Dahua operate there own factories, they do not buy other people's shit and rebrand them.. they are OEM's, all there camera housings have been copied and ripped off by other factories.. that dont mean the components inside or the software running on them are even in the same realm.

The Huisuns are junk too, but they have a few gems that are pretty good performers, those PTZ's are better than average.. the rest of there line up is total trash.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Different chipsets @nayr but in general I do agree that most are white label products. It took me ages to finally buy a Huisun for this exact reason!

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know I'm going to regret asking this but which Zilink camera do you have and which Huisun does it look like (I can't see a 720p model they make).

I wouldn't be surprised if Zilink and Sricam are the same.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I worked for a CCTV security installer in the US for a lil bit, the'd send cameras off to a factory in china they had a partnership with.. the'd reverse engineer it, source all the components and then return with a price for doing a run of them to whatever specifications they desired.

This is how shit's done in China, rip off and rip off and rip off and eventually everyone forgot who they are ripping off... there is no quality at all to be found in it.