SriCam IP Cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Make that 3.
Still None Helpful about original issue.
3? If you would quite trying to be a smart ass you would note the the OP did not respond to the post. Therefore there is no way of helping. Guess that is too difficult for you. Your question that you injected into this thread is misplaced. Basic forum etiquette is required. Remember no one owes you anything. Being an ass will not help you get answers. Your first mistake was buy a "bunch" of cameras first, do research/ask questions later.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do try to help Sricam users who are determined to keep their cameras and waste their own time (I guess their time isn't worth much). I did recently try to help a user and ask them to try some basic things to get their camera working. One week on, no reply, so how am I supposed to help them if they are this rude or not that bothered? This is much more common with Sricam users than Hikvision/Dahua/etc I guess because they try and give up because they realise they bought crap.

This is why I am becoming more and more reluctant to offer help for a device I don't have, I notice Sricam users rarely offer help and the standard advice of sending back and getting a decent camera thus applies.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Friends,
I brought a Bunch of IP cameres for my Institute- to keep watch on my staff and so on. The model happens to be Sricam SP005
So far, I am dead impressed with this product. The picture as well as plethora of features are quite neat.
Being a first time Ip camera user, I would like to know a few answers as below-

1. How do you know for sure if ipcamera is using Local network (Lan) or Internet? I ask so because, I do have wireless repeaters installed. Now the network practically stays same (DHCP off on repeaters, using single DHCP from MAIN modem). However, the network SSID does change depending on where I am (Depending on repeater). It appears that camera image is more fluid when Camera & Mobile are on same SSID, but when mobile viewer is moved to another location, same network, Different SSID, does it go to Internet mode ? The camera becomes laggy.

2. Is there a way to "restrict" these cameras from using Internet? I don't practically need it. I have single local network extended across where I need.

3. How to view Ip cameras from browser in laptop? I remember TP link cameras can directly input ip address of camera & access it like that. Can't do with these cameras

4. How to view multipe (eg 4) cameras at a time in Sricam app or laptops?

Thanks a lot.
These questions are too specific to your model - e-mail: support@sricam.com

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This was your first attempt at "helping" the Sricam owner who asked the initial question in this thread:

That was after I asked what version of Windows & IE they were using. Then the personal attacks started, and the original posted never replied again. This is repeated over, and over when any Sricam question comes up. The owner is just told that they're stupid, and to send them back (even after stating that, in some cases, they can't be returned).

Not one thing you've said in this thread "helped" any Sricam owner. Where you need to spend your time is in the Hickvision section, where people who bought "value series" Hiks -- thinking they were getting pro models -- are having nothing but problems. You seem to have quite a bit of time to waste yourself, so the Hik section would be a good place to focus your attention. Let Sricam owners, and owners of similar models with different branding, help these owner/users. Since you don't own any of these cameras, it's unlikely you'd be able to offer any useful help or advice.
No one buying a value series hik things they are getting a smart series - another outright lie by you. They are both pro level cameras and installed regularly by professional installers all over the world. No professional installer EVER installs sricam - unless specifically paid to do so by a customer who made a dumb purchasing decision.
If this thread helps even one person to avoid the sricam mistake it will be worth it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Then the personal attacks started, and the original posted never replied again. This is repeated over, and over when any Sricam question comes up. The owner is just told that they're stupid, and to send them back (even after stating that, in some cases, they can't be returned).

Not one thing you've said in this thread "helped" any Sricam owner. Where you need to spend your time is in the Hickvision section, where people who bought "value series" Hiks -- thinking they were getting pro models -- are having nothing but problems. You seem to have quite a bit of time to waste yourself, so the Hik section would be a good place to focus your attention. Let Sricam owners, and owners of similar models with different branding, help these owner/users. Since you don't own any of these cameras, it's unlikely you'd be able to offer any useful help or advice.
You are one of the least helpful and most condescending persons on this forum. You wait in the shadows merely to attack others.

I offered help for a different Sricam thread which appeared this week (https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8661-SRICAM-SP005-can-not-access-the-camera-web-interface-by-IP-Adress), in that thread the OP specifically asked that you by name as being useless and not to post. Maybe you should as your have suggested to others, do your research first. You are making personal attacks, still haven't apologised for calling me a criminal. The advice I offered for Sricam regards fixing their issues on other threads has been better than the rubbish you spout, I don't need to have a Sricam to offer help. No-one else is offering help and definitely not you.

If you really want to help people (which I highly doubt), then offer some advice rather than attacking others because you know you are in the wrong. The fact people are asking you not to post about Sricam because you are just ranting and you still can't take the hint? Yikes, you really are dumb.

Apologies to the new poster for farmer jacking your thread again. I really do suggest you contact Sricam as these issues are too specific for help unless someone has the same model and same issues.

bhvm

Banned
Reaction score
I do try to help Sricam users who are determined to keep their cameras and waste their own time (I guess their time isn't worth much). I did recently try to help a user and ask them to try some basic things to get their camera working. One week on, no reply, so how am I supposed to help them if they are this rude or not that bothered? This is much more common with Sricam users than Hikvision/Dahua/etc I guess because they try and give up because they realise they bought crap.

This is why I am becoming more and more reluctant to offer help for a device I don't have, I notice Sricam users rarely offer help and the standard advice of sending back and getting a decent camera thus applies.

- - - Updated - - -

These questions are too specific to your model - e-mail: support@sricam.com
I did shoot them a mail.
Lets see how they respond.

I have setup this forums thread subscription to "Instantly, using email" notify me about any replies being posted. Obiviously dosent work. Unless I keep revisiting this thread to check replies. I have bookmarked the thread for now.

Meanwhile, can someone seriously help me how to view Sricam Ip cameras in a Browser? I tried typing the IP of Camera into the browser, no avail. I tried forwarding common ports in router (80, 8080, 8081, 554, 5000,954). Still no avail.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did shoot them a mail.
Lets see how they respond.

I have setup this forums thread subscription to "Instantly, using email" notify me about any replies being posted. Obiviously dosent work. Unless I keep revisiting this thread to check replies. I have bookmarked the thread for now.

Meanwhile, can someone seriously help me how to view Sricam Ip cameras in a Browser? I tried typing the IP of Camera into the browser, no avail. I tried forwarding common ports in router (80, 8080, 8081, 554, 5000,954). Still no avail.
Do you mean within your network at home or when away?

bhvm

Banned
Reaction score
Do you mean within your network at home or when away?
I meant in Home wifi.

Anyways, I got it working on Laptops. A certain Plugin has to be Downloaded & Installed. So its not like Pure IP camera i expect Just to type ip in browser (TP link does that). But it somehow does get the job done.

You need to go here-
http://videoipcamera.cn/view/###

There will be an error that plugin in not installed, Download the setup.exe & install it. Start browser again, you will be prompted for sricam login password, then you can add cameras just like you did on mobile.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I meant in Home wifi.

Anyways, I got it working on Laptops. A certain Plugin has to be Downloaded & Installed. So its not like Pure IP camera i expect Just to type ip in browser (TP link does that). But it somehow does get the job done.

You need to go here-

There will be an error that plugin in not installed, Download the setup.exe & install it. Start browser again, you will be prompted for sricam login password, then you can add cameras just like you did on mobile.
Good news! An easy-ish one.

bhvm

Banned
Reaction score
3? If you would quite trying to be a smart ass you would note the the OP did not respond to the post. Therefore there is no way of helping. Guess that is too difficult for you. Your question that you injected into this thread is misplaced. Basic forum etiquette is required. Remember no one owes you anything. Being an ass will not help you get answers. Your first mistake was buy a "bunch" of cameras first, do research/ask questions later.
Hello Back,
You have added many posts to this forum that are totally useless. Gone to the hell is a forum where Admins themselves are clowns.
Sure there is etiquette on the forums (Including your Choice of words and how you Speak) And thats what you need to learn. No one wants to be on the forum with Dirty-mouth people, Esp admins.

I've taken admin duty on various forums (not related to IP cameras or something) And there is a sense of respect for all members, new or old.

I am not talking or replying to this further, Because I don't talk to Troll types.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Back,
You have added many posts to this forum that are totally useless. Gone to the hell is a forum where Admins themselves are clowns.
Sure there is etiquette on the forums (Including your Choice of words and how you Speak) And thats what you need to learn. No one wants to be on the forum with Dirty-mouth people, Esp admins.

I've taken admin duty on various forums (not related to IP cameras or something) And there is a sense of respect for all members, new or old.

I am not talking or replying to this further, Because I don't talk to Troll types.
You came to this forum with a passive aggressive smart ass attitude now you are upset that it got dished back at you? Wow. You were called out on it. We are blunt here. Go back and reread your posts. You acted like a complete dick.
You then posted your question in a thread that is discussing a totally different topic. Why? Who knows...

There is a reason this forum is the most active camera forum on the net. We have over 20k members in just over 2 years. I guess in your book 20k = no one.

That reason is we provide blunt truth. This forum is not and will never be an internet safe space for folks like you who are easily offended. We have enough of that crap on college campuses.

Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out. This forum was specifically started to warn folks about these cheap crap cameras. That is what you fail to realize. Other forums deliberately DELETE posts where users complain about cameras. Now get the fuck out. Was that foul mouthed enough for you?
Finally, anyone like you who purchased a "bunch" of junk for their "institute" without doing any research should be terminated immediately. Guess they have very low standards in India.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I meant in Home wifi.

You need to go here-

enjoy your new computer virus