SriCam IP Cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Foscam sells rebranded Hikvision.

Here, let me help you with your research...

Oh, my. It's the first link.
lol, so a blog is your "source". Do you know why an obscure blog is the FIRST result in that search? Its because NO OTHER credible website made that FALSE STATEMENT. The blogger is WRONG. What part of that dont you understand? Do you have ANY brain function.
I can in five minuets create a website that states "farmer owes fenderman $100,000" It will become the first result on google in a few days. Does that make it true? How dumb are you?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hikvision shouldn't be used for security, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. These must be the best quality dog cameras that most of us own.

I don't even like Hikvision anymore but I still recommend them to help others who they are good for.

I think this thread has run it's toll. Until farmer is willing to apologise for his disgusting personal attacks. Still ignoring the fact you called me a criminal?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They don't even look the same you blind idiot. No wonder you think Sricam/Zlink/720p PoS is a great image.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if I burst your bubble (Mr. NoMoreReplies), but your Value Series "Hikvision" cameras are just rebranded Costco line products -- sold under a variety of labels; nothing like the pro cameras you were told you were getting. Don't go be the label, you don't know what you're getting...
Where is your apology for calling me a CRIMINAL!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everyone let's leave this thread because farmer is just personally attacking people and trolling.

WARNING to others. DO NOT BUY ZLINK or SRICAM rubbish unless you want support from this oxygen thief who will probably name call and personally attack you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if I burst your bubble (Mr. NoMoreReplies), but your Value Series "Hikvision" cameras are just rebranded Costco line products -- sold under a variety of labels; nothing like the pro cameras you were told you were getting. Don't go by the label, you don't know what you're getting...
You have it backwards and making false statments again. Hikvision rebrands their cameras for swann - some swann cameras are rebranded hikvision. Hikvision is not rebranded costco.
The value series cameras are installed in many "pro" installations. Heck most "pro" installations are still old analog crap.
There are folks here who have installed thousands of the "value" cameras.
You are the sucker who buys acti thinking that they are "pro"...you overpaid for subpar image and subpar quality.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone "prove" these aren't the same cameras (with lens/IR flipped):

Foscam bullet camera:

Hikvision "Value Series" bullet camera:
This conclusively proves that you have no clue. Your assertion that simply because the camera CASE looks similar that the cameras are identical is ludicrous. Probably what your blogger relied on to make his false statement. Keep talking, let your naivete and inexperience shine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I said that "value series" Hikvision cameras should be referred to as "rebranded Costco lenses," it was intended as an insult..., not an technical review.

Sorry, I'll be sure and type my insults slower next time.
Why is that an insult. Costco sells top notch products most with lifetime return policies. Id stack a hikvision "value" series/swann or a dahua/lorex to your overpriced acti cams any day. Have you seen the image on acti high MP cameras? Horrible. Again not making any sense. You need to buy an "idiots guide to humor" as well as "how to stop compulsively lying", the latter being of utmost urgency.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, trendnet has some cameras that are rebranded hikvision. Foscam does not. No one disputes that others sell rebranded hikvision cameras. Its really that simple. Stop guessing, making up facts or relying on a misinformed internet blogger then telling US to do research which you obviously failed to do.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Where is that list of companies that rebrand Hikvision hardware? And the list of those who don't? That was my initial question to begin with. Trendnet targets basically the same market as Foscam, with similar lines of products. What's the difference?

I sure hope it doesn't turn out that the Foscam camera you dogged in the Foscam section -- where the person said his has a great picture and you called him names and said he doesn't know what he's talking about -- doesn't turn out to be a rebranded Hikvision (like I suspect it is). Surely that would be embarrassing.
Target market is irrelevant again. There is no list. Those of US with experience know because we see the actual firmware in the camera and open the cams and see the chipsets and design. The foscam will not be a hikvision BECAUSE for the 100th time FOSCAM HAS NEVER REBRANDED HIKVSION - NEVER. Unlike you I dont rely on some random blogger as my source of information. You have already been embarrassed as you have been proven a liar and novice. The fact that you "suspect it is" is completely meaningless as you simply have no clue and are just randomly guessing.

Let me school you a bit. Here is an example of the difference between a trained eye and a novice.
First understand that you cannot conclude that a camera is rebranded simply based on the outside housing. However, you can use the outside housing and IR type as an element to conclude that a camera is NOT rebranded.

IF you look at the trendnet you will see that it is an EXACT design replica of the hikvision. If you look at the foscam you will see several design changes in the housing and in the IR. Most notably the foscam does not have hikvisions EXIR IR led. You can see the difference immediately when looking at the photograph. That itself tells you that the foscam is NOT a rebrand of the hikvision pictured. Another design change on the foscam is that they dont have the black plastic/rubber tip on the camera sun shield. This is very important and cheap manufactures often leave it off. If you open the cameras you will find different sensor and chipsets. If you look at the firmware of the foscam it will not resemble hikvision firmware in any way.
You have a lot to learn before you go shooting off your ignorant mouth.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I pointed out in my initial post the obvious outward appearance difference -- which any kid could pick out -- between the Foscam/rebranded Hikvision and the Hikvision-branded Hikvision.

I've asked before for someone to show pictures of the boards they've presumably dissected on cameras which appear to use common hardware components (such as the examples I posted herein). Until such are posted -- by intellectually honest individuals -- the question remains unanswered. I may even buy the suspect cameras just to do that, dissect them and see what's inside.

The firmware argument is a non sequitur. Completely different issue. Obviously, the firmware is different. That is truly, completely meaningless. In some cases, the ONLY difference between a camera branded by the actual manufacturer and a re-seller may be the firmware that can be installed, and a single bit burned into the main board can be used to control what firmware can be installed. Totally unrelated to the firmware. Only true n00bs wouldn't know that fact.
You are brain dead. You as the person who asserted that foscam rebrands hikvision needs to show me a single camera sold under the foscam brand that is made by hikvision. Im glad you keep posting, you ignorance shines. You, as an inept novice dont understand the term "rebranding". By definition it is the SAME camera same firmware simply with a different brand/logo. Hence the term RE-BRANDING. As a novice you FAILED to note the lack of EXIR on the foscam. What a fool. I hope you do buy the cameras and compare them. You will be proven a complete moron.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@farmer Here is another nugget of information that REALLY points out how inept you are. The hikvision camera you claim to rebranded by foscam is actually an analog camera
http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013102304203229607.pdf
Hikvision DOES NOT use a single exposed exir design for their BULLET EXIR IP cameras.
Furthermore, the foscam uses a 1/4 inch sensor when hikvisions use 1/3. I guess your extensive "research" did not reveal these discrepancies.

I hope you already placed your orders so that you can compare a 720tvl analog camera to an ip camera.:D
Waiting to see how this fraudster is going to try and spin this one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Again you LIE. The image you ORIGINALLY posted was of the analog camera. How do i know? right click on the link save as and you will SEE the model number. The hikvision pictured in your latest post is a china region camera not officially sold in the US that i had never seen before. That is an image you found AFTER the fact. Again the image sensors are NOT the same. The housing is not the same. Yet you "suspect" the camera is rebranded. Hikvision does not Sell their value line bullets with 1/4 sensors. It cannot be a rebranded hikvsion if hikvision does not make the same camera under its own name. Otherwise the term rebranded is NOT accurate.
So basically it boils down to this. They kinda look the same so they must be clones.
The trendnet is an EXACT replica of the hikvision both visually and spec wise. The foscam is neither. Your conclusions are baseless. Likely foscam simply ripped of the design. Notice no EXIR, no black cover on shield - a VERY important feature.
Essentially you are guessing and keep lying about it. You have ZERO direct knowledge. NONE. You are a fraud. What a moron. Keep posting and show your ignorance. How can you assert that a camera that you ADMIT has different specs is "rebranded". Fraudster.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaaat? @fenderman

Are you telling me that my new car is not a rebranded Range Rover?

evo5.jpg

But they kinda look the same. Nah, it's a rebranded Range Rover you fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha. You bring up "Range Rover" in a discussion about quality products. That really does show your lack of knowledge about buying junk. you would have been much better off with the Chinese copy. Sure wouldn't have said I owned a Range Rover in a thread where you're trying to convince anyone about your knowledge of quality products. Ha ha ha. You talk about j.u.n.k., you got it.
The point he was making went right over your head....the analogy is not dependent on a quality product..you still remain a lying fraud.

bhvm

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I brought a Bunch of IP cameres for my Institute- to keep watch on my staff and so on. The model happens to be Sricam SP005
So far, I am dead impressed with this product. The picture as well as plethora of features are quite neat.
Being a first time Ip camera user, I would like to know a few answers as below-

1. How do you know for sure if ipcamera is using Local network (Lan) or Internet? I ask so because, I do have wireless repeaters installed. Now the network practically stays same (DHCP off on repeaters, using single DHCP from MAIN modem). However, the network SSID does change depending on where I am (Depending on repeater). It appears that camera image is more fluid when Camera & Mobile are on same SSID, but when mobile viewer is moved to another location, same network, Different SSID, does it go to Internet mode ? The camera becomes laggy.

2. Is there a way to "restrict" these cameras from using Internet? I don't practically need it. I have single local network extended across where I need.

3. How to view Ip cameras from browser in laptop? I remember TP link cameras can directly input ip address of camera & access it like that. Can't do with these cameras

4. How to view multipe (eg 4) cameras at a time in Sricam app or laptops?

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
i must have been mistaken, I thought this was a group to Help with problems not a bit*h forum

bhvm

Banned
Reaction score
Make that 3.
Still None Helpful about original issue.