SriCam IP Cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is well known and widely publicized that Swann, TrendNet -- and nany other "brands" -- sell Hikvision-manufacturered cameras under their product name.

Some web sites have reported that Foscom has sold models that used Hikvision hardware. There are some examples, with similar specs, that look convincing. It is highly likely that Hikvision sub-contracts out the component manufacturing of the low-end product lines. The sub-contractor manufacturers make subtle changes to the hardware and sell them to other packagers. It's not completely out of the question that Hikvision (for example) permits the sub-contract manufacturers to re-sell the same hardware in order to keep production high, and cost (to Hikvision) down.

More of this could be explored if open discussion -- by the tinkerers/hobbyists -- was encouraged instead of shut down.
Omg you need to stop lying. Your post is based on an error a silly website. The swann cameras are exact copies of the hikvision running hikvision firmware. You can even run hikvision firmware on them.Foscam never sold anything like this. You are simply making things up. Liar, yuk.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That link is full of mistakes and incorrect assumptions, please no-one read that and think it's facts

For example it says:

"You can read user reviews and buy them from the official channels at Amazon UK and Amazon US"

Amazon UK or US is not an official channel of Hikvision. Amazon US is specifically on the Hikvision USA Unauthorized Reseller List! Edited to say: The blogger is an amazon affiliate, so is paid by amazon to get you to buy from them. Hardly impartial!

"S indicated Sound or what Hikvision calls Smart Audio Detection - 2 way audio using a mic and a built-in speaker" Wrong, does not mean built in speaker.

I actually indicates IR rather than IR cut-off... I could go on and on and on. It's a blog by one man. When you do research you should compare multi sources.

Stop posting misleading rubbish which others might believe. You are not discussing, you are scare-mongering and spreading incorrect facts to suit your needs. I encourage you to do proper research and also start treating others with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
TrendNet sells rebranded Hikvision cameras also, along with other re-branders.

My discussion is not, and was not about Hikvision. That's your bailey-wick. Your brought up Hikvision, not me. If I wanted to do do more research into Hikvision, I'd show you that the same hardware that's used in their low-end cameras is also used under other brand names. It's a moot point, and irrelevant.

I was discussing identical cameras sold under various names (Sricam, Zilink, HooToo, EasyN, on and on) which appear to have have the same hardware. I was engaging the discussion with some people who actually own some of these brands, in an attempt to determine if, in fact, they are the same. (Some may eve be made by Hikvision, or via-versa, who knows).

If you can't stay on topic, it'll be difficult to communicate for sure. If you know it all, everything, then you should be the only one posting in the forum and just tell everyone everything. Would save everyone ELSE a bunch of wasted time and unnecessary ad hominem attacks -- and might even help your disposition....
Yes trendnet does. But you have PROVEN to be inept and a LIAR when you state FOSCAM sells rebranded hikvision then tell US to do more research. They NEVER have.
You LIE when you state all the cameras YOU mentioned are made in the same factory. You simply base that on the exterior design when infact you have NO idea about china IP camera production. NONE ZERO.
But lets get back to the fact that YOU LIED ABOUT FOSCAM REBRANDING HIKVISION. That was a deliberate LIE to support your nonsense contention. YUK.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You remind me of some kid who spent all the money he made cutting lawns over the summer and bought some "Fender (Squire)" guitar, only to later find out it's not a Custom Shop limited edition. You do know, I hope, Fender makes a cheap line of guitars.
Your make zero sense as usual. You also have proven to be an deliberate LIAR. You have been busted by this forum. Nice try getting your foot out of your mouth. I love when folks like you post nonsense that is easily proven to be a lie. Exposed for the FRAUD you are.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Prove that one thing I said is a lie. If you don't/can't, then it is you who is the LIAR. Woo woo, I called you a liar. This now I'm down to your level. Go play your squire guitar and get back with me when you grow up.
You stated that foscam rebrands hikvision. LIE. The NEVER have. You have not shown us one shred of evidence that they do or have. Show me a SINGLE foscam camera that is rebranded hikvision. Just one. Now you are going to want me to prove a negative? You made it up to support your other lies. LIAR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The burden is not on me. I posted a link to a web site where it says that Swann cameras and at least one Foscam model, are actually rebranded Hikvision hardware. You called me a liar. Prove it false, or shut up.
Yes the burden is on you. You liar. You made a statement. Then you tried to back ip up by posting a link to some blogger who obovously knows noting. You are asking to prove a negative in this case. I have seen every foscam camera on the market. I have seen the firmware for every foscam on the maket. NON of them are hikvision firmware or cameras.
Let me explain your faulty logic with an example. What if I were to post a link to some website that claims human life exists on Mars then ask you to prove it doesnt..see how that works. STOP DELIBERATELY LYING TO OUR USERS. Once again you prove to be a lying inept novice. How sad.
You have again proved my point. YOU RELIED on an BLOGGER as your "evidence". @Del Boy has already conclusively proven that the blogger has no clue. Blind leading the blind.
Do i need to create a blog and post that foscam has never rebranded hikvision? Is that going to be valid evidence? Wow, you are really one of those idiot morons who believes everything on the internet is true.
Also remember that NOT all swann cameras are rebranded hikvision. Many swann cameras WILL NOT WORK with hikvision NVR's. This is an FYI lest your false statements be relied on by others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) farmer, you took this off topic and made it childish posting "My cameras are better than yours." and some crazy boasting of being able to afford cameras none of us here can.
2) farmer, you made an
ad hominem attack after I said I was done with this thread by calling me a criminal which I am not. You then attacked tangent and fenderman
3) farmer, you continually contradict yourself (or edit old posts) to suit your argument and then call others liars. Your camera is a Sricam but branded Zlink, oh no, now it's not. Oh now it is again? Now it's a Wanscam. Make your mind up.
4) farmer, you have no idea of research or proof, I post a video of a Sricam (which you claim yours is made by despite being Zlink) and you say it's not a Sricam as if there's a consipiracy and that you own a Zlink not a Sricam. You then post a video of a Wanscam? How is that a Zlink? Contradiction! You then post a link to a blogger who is actually an affiliate/advertiser for Amazon and asks people to buy through his Amazon link who are an authorized distributor when they are not!
5) farmer, you lied and mislead about your Sricam/Zlink/Wanscam/whatever-cheap-720p-PoS having a GREAT image.

All this makes me think that you are a TROLL who is trying to get BANNED or get this thread locked to prove some point that you have been banned for supposedly telling the truth. Why else are you here? It's obviously not to help others or learn.

You have no defence except to attack others personally. Call me all the names you want but I'm not replying to your childish and ignorant posts anymore, you've wasted enough of my time, others here are looking for help and I'd rather spend time helping them than trying to educate you. Bye you disgusting, misleading, scaremongering, lying troll.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
He wont be banned. He will continue to be outed for the LIAR he is. Deliberately lying and misleading. Yuk. He has been busted as using a blog as his "source" of information. He has been proven to be clueless and inept.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have to install any camera specific software to access a particular camera you should be very concerned both about future support and the security of you computer.

The better cameras work with any modern browser without requiring active-x or other software to be installed save maybe a vlc plugin or quicktime plugin. quicktime has recently become a problem in it's own right, but at least it wasn't developed by a chinese vendor.

active-x is dead. companies that continue to develop for active x are swimming with the fishes.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As for who makes Hickvision, or who rebrands Hickvision, that issue is less than irrelevant to me or the OP. I don't own any Hickvisions (though I do have some installed at facilities) and I have never owned a Foscam.
Yes not that you have been proven a liar you want to return to the OP....
Hikvision makes hikvision. No one makes it for them....I highly doubt you installed any cameras for anyone at "facilities" you have been proven to be both technically and knowledgeably inept.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing that's been proven is that you'll call someone a liar without one iota of information to support your frequent and unprovoked ad hominem personal attacks on members.

No, I don't install cameras in facilities. (Though I do install my own personal high-end ones.) I hire sub-contractors to do it according to applicable specifications.
I have all the information I need. You stated "Foscam sells re-branded Hickvision(sic) cameras. FYI. Do more research." That was a LIE. You had no source for that information. You then found a blog that mentioned it. That blog is incorrect. Assuming arguendo that the you did see the blog before making the statement it makes your comment even worse. You tell US to do more research when your "research" consists of a mention on an internet blog WITH NO SPECIFIC model information? WOW you keep lying over and over. You should be hiring someone to do the research for your as well as you have been proven incapable. You are a fraud.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I said to begin with still stands: You don't know who makes what, and can't prove a single assertion you make in that regard. This is where my discussion with you began and you still have not offered one iota of backup for your off-the-wall comments for which you have no personal or first-hand knowledge. You'll just say anything, then call people "liars" if they challenge you on your baseless claims.

I would not have said that Foscam offers rebranded Hikvision hardware if I had not seen it. You keep wanting to go to that when its a complete non-issue. I challenged you to prove who makes Sricam, Zilink, HooToo and EasyN and you have no clue. I don't care whether you want to know who makes them or not, some people may. Why? Because the same thing applies to the bottom-of-line models that are frequently hawked here; no one knows who actually makes them, and no one knows which models are re-branded by other resellers. If you can prove that statement wrong -- THEN DO IT! Otherwise, you're just arguing because you like to argue.
We KNOW that hikvision does not make foscam. THAT IS A FACT. You keep lying. You said be because you had "seen it" then tell US to do research?????????? You are the one making these bold statements so YOU are the one who needs to prove it. STOP LYING on this forum. You are a complete hack and FRAUD. Keep it up, the lies get deeper. You have admitted that you made a definitive statement based on a freaking BLOG. You then demanded that WE do more research. WOW-the hypocrisy. We know that hikvision makes hikvision and dahua makes dahua. I will keep pointing out your lies and fraudulent statements. You are a fraud and liar and have been BUSTED and outed.
You made a statement that foscam rebrands hikvision. 100% complete LIE. FALSE.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can't tell the truth if the future of Hickvision depended on it. Who said Hikvision makes Foscam? Who said that? Where was that said?

You've apparently got two or three followers who think they'll get brownie points (or, maybe ya'll click "thank you" on each others' posts) when they parrot the familiar mantra:

"Brawk, you bought Sricam. Sricam is junk. Brawk, you got ripped off. Send it back, send it back. Sricam is JUNK! Brawk".

Why don't you just put a sticky at the top of the hardware section with that. Oh, but I guess then, the parrots wouldn't get their post count up...
You said it. WOW. See post 35 where you state that foscam sells rebranded hikvision. Is your memory that short or are you a lying again? I never stated that you claimed EVERY foscam was hikvision. However you alleged that foscam sells at least one camera that is rebranded hikvision when that IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE.
The others who support my position simply see through your LIE. They dont always agree with me. Del boy often does not agree with me. Thats fine. There is a difference between disagreement and being an inept liar as you are. Sheesh.
You are pissed off because you were busted relying on an inept blogger as your "source" when you implied you has some concrete knowledge and information. You have been OUTED. You are noting but a foolish beginner who sunk his money into junk sricam.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Either you don't have a grasp of English grammar, or you're just trying to create the appearance of ignorance of English grammar to couch your personal attacks (which is all you have since you don't know shit from shinola about who makes what).

You said, that I said, "hikvision makes foscam". That's a blanket statement that you just made up -- fabricated out of thin air. See YOUR post #58.

Apparently, you meant to say, post #36, where I said that "Foscam offers rebranded Hikvision cameras in their lineup." Obviously, you didn't link to my post because you just wanted to lie about what I said to hide your lack of factual knowledge. Plus, you don't even know how to use your own forum. Then, when you challenged me on that statement I linked to a credible web site which makes that claim -- which has been posted for more than a year. If it were not factually accurate, then either Foscam or Hikvision would have send the "blog" owner a cease and decist letter instructing him to remove that comment. They haven't. It may well be true. But, guess what: I don't care whether it is or not.

You keep buying "Value Series" Hikvision cameras thinking your getting Pro equepment, then hawking the Value Series (or Chinese issue) stuff as the "real deal". Then, people buy the junk Hikvision (thinking they're getting top-of-line "Pro" hardware) and are frustrated because they can't read the Chinese, or they brick their cameras trying to load "updated firmware" (that no one knows where it came from or what cameras it was intended for), and then your little parrot (see above) tells them that "all Hikvision firmware has bugs".

You're just pissed off because I showed that you hawk "value series" hikvision cameras as pro gear; that you got busted for not knowing who makes what; and, for challenging me when I said that Foscam offers Hikvision hardware in their lineup -- and provided support for that claim. You probably figured out you got burned on the cheap Hikvision cameras which reminded you of the Squire guitar you bought thinking it was a "Custome Shop" limited edition Jimmy Hendrix special.
NOW you have really crossed the line. Outright lying and misquoting. In post 58 I stated that YOU claimed foscam "rebrands" hikvision. I now how to read every post you quote me in to verify the truth.
Your logic and reasoning skills are on a third grade level. Again you lie. You state that I meant post 36, when I SPECIFICALLY refereed to post 35. Where you state "Foscam sells re-branded Hickvision(sic) cameras. FYI. Do more research." The problem is ITS FALSE NOT TRUE. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE FOSCAM CAMERA MADE BY HIKVISION EVER. You based you claim on a blog - ha. Then you told US to do more research. What an idiot.
You keep harping on value superb hikvision. They are superb cameras for what they cost. That is by definition what value means. You have NEVER installed or used one. Any claim by you otherwise is a lie because you have been proven a FRAUD. I have never been burned on hikvision. I have hundreds in service.
STOP LYING, you did not provide support to you claim that foscam sells rebranded hikvision. Its a FALSE STATEMENT. An off hand mention by a blogger who's website is full of technical errors IS NOT "support". More troubling is you claim to be knowledgeable but your source is a factually incorrect blog. You have been busted as a novice, LIAR and FRAUD.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only person here making personal attacks is you farmer. I'm not commenting on the rest of your BS post as you just ignore any points made to you and only reply to the ones that suit you. e.g. my last post you ignored posts 2 to 5 because you know you are in the wrong and disgustingly so.

1) You called me a criminal and still haven't apologised.
2) You were outrageously condescending to @tangent, who was trying to help you.
3) You call us all kids and childish, yet you were the one who started the "my cameras are better than your cameras" which apparently is wit.
4) You keep attacking @fenderman with the fender/squire guitar comment, you don't need to keep repeating it, we do get it, it's just not a) funny or b) witty/clever in any way
5) You keep calling people liars and edit your posts to change what you have previously written.

99% of the board are very happy with our cheap Hikvision cameras. You are in a major minority thinking your Sricam/Zlink/whatever 720p cheap PoS is better in anyway.

And this is not name calling or a personal attack. You truly have proven yourself to be a disgusting idiotic troll. The fact you aren't ashamed of yourself says it all.

Ad-Hominem.jpg

However, unlike you, my issue with your spouts of rubbish isn't these personal attacks (that's your issue being a disgusting person not mine), it's your recommendation of your PoS Sricam/Zlink as having a great image or somehow being good value. Neither is true. If anyone buys one of these because YOU recommended it (by implication or not) then I feel bad for them knowing the kind of rubbish they are about to receive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
He's just pissed that he has been outed as a liar, then trying to use a BLOG as evidence. He as a very limited grasp of technology and almost no knowledge of the ip camera industry except for camera shapes. He is now off to milk the cows.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, well. Someone must have gone in and deleted a couple of posts so that the post numbering changed. Imagine that. Now, the post where I made the initial comment is #34. Not 35, (or 36, like it was about an hour ago).

If the blogger made a factually inaccurate or false statement about Foscam or Hikvision rebranding, one of the companies would have sent him a cease and desist letter. It's one of the first links that pops up on a search for "Hikvision, rebranded, Foscam." They would have sent a letter by now telling him to remove the assertion. It's been up over a year; they haven't; it must be true. Prove it false. Or just admit, you don't know. Then, apologize.
No posts have been deleted. LIAR. You are lying again. If you look at post number 60 is specifically reference post #35 as the post where you mentioned foscam rebrands hikvision. BUSTED LYING AGAIN. The real question is can you EVER tell the truth.
So your "Evidence" is now that hikvision would have sent a cease and desist letter? LOL you have got to be kidding. They would NEVER do that. Do you even understand how these companies operate? Keep talking, you keep proving you have no clue.
Stop asking to prove a negative. You need to prove a positive. Show me a single camera, just one, by foscam that is rebranded hivkision. If it was made why cant you find it. Email the blogger, maybe he will help you. Moron.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only person that should be apologising is farmer, especially to tangent who is apparently a complete noob.

Cease and desist letter. Everything on the internet must be true. I guess then that Amazon are an official distributor despite Hikvision having a statement on their website saying that they are not! That's been up on his blog for a year too. You really are an idiot. And he's not a blogger - he's an Amazon affiliate seller, if you don't know what that means - Google it!

Farmer is a disgusting lying idiotic troll. If this is still here in one year's time then it must be true.

Back to this topic, which actually has nothing to do with Internet Explorer if you actually read the first post properly. Sricam should never be used for security unless you are not taking security seriously.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is the second time you said you wouldn't comment further, in this thread. Should I start keeping count?
I only reply because you personally attack me. That is your only level of knowledge. Disgusting disgusting. You have no shame.

You said you were leaving this forum in the previous thread? You have no point in being here, you are no help to anyone. You are a pure oxygen-thief.

Prove you are not and apologise for calling me a criminal.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Talk about a truism. You really are good at research.

How's about our apologies? Are they in the pipeline yet?