SRICAM only works while connected to network.

Reaction score
My SRICAM works fine, got it setup with no problems. When I disconnect the cat-5 network cable it will not work in the wireless mode. Says camera is offline. Is there a way to get this cam to work without a network connection.:sad2: The place where the camera is going does not have a network connection and I wanted to use it as wireless cam only.
thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Did you set up the wifi correctly? sometimes cameras use a different ip address for wifi and wired...have your set static ip's? try using an ip scanner tool or software included by the manufacturer to find it.
As an aside, wifi is not recommended. You should look into running proper cable, it will probably cost less than you think...or see of you can use powerline adapters...

Reaction score
Everything is set up correctly, wifi works great as long as the network cable is plugged in to the camera. When I unplug the camera from the network, the wifi quits working and the viewer says that the camera is offline. I was assuming that the camera could work independently of the network and be able to send wifi signals without the cat-5 network cable plugged in. I guess, I was wrong in assuming that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When the cable is connected the signal is most likely going through the ethernet cable and not wifi......
I dont have direct experience with sricam, however, it goes without saying that a wifi camera does not need to be connected to ethernet otherwise there would be no point to the wifi...what model sircam do you have?

Reaction score
The cam is an SRICAM model - IP Camera, it is the outdoor weatherproof model. I agree about the wifi, but I dont seem to be able to get it to work without the network cable. I wanted to use the camera on my front driveway entrance gate, which is too far to run a cat-5 cable. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be setting it up incorrectly....post screen shots of your network and wifi setup pages...
How are you getting power to the camera out there? do you have an outlet? if so consider trying a powerline adapter...will be better than wifi..

tim.tai

n3wb
Reaction score
what tool you are using to view the IPcamera? The IP of Cat-5 and wifi is different, so I believe you need to configure the wifi IP to the tool.

Reaction score
The wifi is configured correctly and works fine as long as the cat5 network cable is plugged in. Im using the software supplied with the SRICAM and it works fine. When I unplug the network cable the IP camera will go offline in the wireless software.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When you are connected via the network cable how do you know the wifi is working rather than the data is passing via the ethernet cable?

Reaction score
I can access the picture on my Android tablet and my Android HTC phone when the network cable is plugged in. This is definitely using the wifi because there is no network connection to my tablet or phone.
thanks ron

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that you can see the camera on your wireless device does not mean that the camera is transmitting over wifi...The camera does not transmit direct to the tablet, rather, everything goes through your router...so when you are connected via ethernet the camera works because it connected to your router...you have not properly set up the wifi portion of your camera...you need to set the wifi on the camera so that the camera can transmit via wireless to the router and then from the router to your devices.....post a screenshot of your cameras wireless network settings.

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Cajunshooter, did you get your camera setup? I'm having to same problem too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@sharr4022, welcome to the forum..as i explained to cajun, you need to set up the camera wifi properly...please post a screen shot of you camera network wifi settings

Last edited by a moderator:

tore78

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I use sricam ap004-e and i have a lot of problems using wifi.
This is a good image quality ipcamera but it has a very bugged and poor firmware/web interface.

Use a powerline to connect you router lan to your ipcamera using electric cables, wifi doesn't work properly.

Bye.

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score
@sharr4022, welcome to the forum..as i explained to cajun, you need to set up the camera wifi properly...please post a screen shot of you camera network wifi settings
thank you. I tried for days on how to set up by connecting to wifi. I connected cable to Verizon Actiontec to IP camera, set the right SSID then rebooting. In mean time disconnect cable from IP camera, now it should have been stored in camera.

What do you need to see in screen shot? I'm not sure what you are asking to see.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a setting page to setup your wifi in the camera, there is a good chance you have something set wrong i dont know what that is unless i see it..takes about three seconds to capture a screen shot with windows snipping tool (win7 or 8) or use print screen then paste in ms paint.
Also "sometimes cameras use a different ip address for wifi and wired...have your set static ip's? try using an ip scanner tool or software included by the manufacturer to find it."

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is your router/modem...i need the wifi settings page of the sricam..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok i see you posted the ipcamera finder..that good...now if the finder cannot find the camera when the ethernet is disconnect then we need to look at the wifi settings...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
no thats not it, there must be a page where you enable wifi, enter your ssid, password and other network settings...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No its the page where you need to enter your wifi settings...