SRICAM only works while connected to network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you are posting images from your router/modem...i need the wifi or network settings page from your camera...there is no way for your camera to communicate via wireless with your router unless you enter your wireless credentials into the camera...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
when you click on address (p2p) what are your options in the dropdown?

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm all new at this trying to figure out set up. The way they showed on instructions, just plug in your cam cable and connect to your computer, let it reboot and disconnect cable plug from cam and that's it! It don't show you the details. I have been frustrated for days and even today, I sat here at the computer all day, when I have other things I need to do. Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way it could work in the way you described...how would the camera know your wifi settings...it will be under user management or system settings
Please give me the model number so i can lookup the manual or some info on where it is in the camera settings..
Alternatively if you want we can do a remote session via teamviewer...

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score
IPV4 and URL. There's no Model # for this cam

- - - Updated - - -

ok

There is no way it could work in the way you described...how would the camera know your wifi settings...it will be under user management or system settings
Please give me the model number so i can lookup the manual or some info on where it is in the camera settings..
Alternatively if you want we can do a remote session via teamviewer...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Click on user management or system settings and find an option for wireless lan settings.
(as an aside, these cameras, even when working properly are junk, there are much better options out there, the image quality on this will be poor).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats not the right one, click on the other one...(there is no way a vga 0.3mp camera has good shots unless you are right in front of it..)...
It would save alot of time if you would do a team viewer session..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah, its a 0.3mp camera which will at best give you barely adaquate footage...whats worse is the it uses mjpeg compression which uses more bandwidth than the new h.264...but lets get this camera working..somewhere in the settings there MUST be a wireless configuration page..

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score

now this is under User Management

Click on user management or system settings and find an option for wireless lan settings.
(as an aside, these cameras, even when working properly are junk, there are much better options out there, the image quality on this will be poor).

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also i noticed in your original post that you said you went to the actiontec router and set the correct ssid...what did you mean by that, you need to set the camera up to match the router not vice versa..if you changed the routers ssid then any other wifi device you have set up in the past will not work (phone, laptop, etc) until you add this new wireless network or change the ssid and password back to what it was.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
click on device management then show me the options

tore78

n3wb
Reaction score
1) Use P2P finder to find your ipcamera IP.
2) Add ipcamera to DeviceViewer adding IP and PORT! By default lan port is 81 and not 8080.
3) Right-click on the camera listed in DiviceViewer and choose "device param"
4) Use Wifi tab (IF IT WORKS) to setup your wifi connection.

sharr4022

n3wb
Reaction score
3) Right-click on the camera listed in DiviceViewer and choose "device param"???????

1) Use P2P finder to find your ipcamera IP.
2) Add ipcamera to DeviceViewer adding IP and PORT! By default lan port is 81 and not 8080.
3) Right-click on the camera listed in DiviceViewer and choose "device param"
4) Use Wifi tab (IF IT WORKS) to setup your wifi connection.

Attachments

tore78

n3wb
Reaction score
3) Right-click on the camera listed in DiviceViewer and choose "device param"???????
Ok now you have ip of your camera: 192.168.1.8 on port 81.

Method N1:
Type http://192.168.1.8:81 on your browser, enter in admin settings of ipcamera, choose WIFI link e IF there are wifi connections, choose your and submit.

Method N2:
Open DeviceViewer, add camera with your ip parameters or find your camera.
After adding camera, you can click right key of your mouse and choose the last option, device settings or device parameter (I use italian Language sorry).
Then use WIFI tab to setup your wireless connections.