Standalone Java app for dedicated live view with Instant Replay

Reaction score
Ok, here is something you can try:

1. Copy the jar to your desktop, and run it from there. (there are usually fewer write permission problems on the desktop)

2. If that doesn't work, hold shift and right click the desktop, and choose the menu option "Open command window here". Run the command:

Code:
java -jar BlueIrisViewer.jar
And maybe the command window will contain hints as to why it is crashing.

Yes This was a good Solution THank You. Now in Attachment i have the Screenshot.

OpenGL Problem. I have install the latest driver but there is only OpenGL 1.4 Support

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I checked for you, and unfortunately the version of the graphics engine I'm using for BlueIrisViewer does not support OpenGL 1.x anymore (so I can't just flip a switch to enable it).

Farrina

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello BP2008

I have been using your masterful standalone Java app (version 2.5) successfully for some time - a great improvement on the inbuilt BlueIris web viewer.

Today I updated my Blue Iris Version to 4.0.5.0 x64 (I have been running V4 for some time - it was only an incremental update said to offer UPnP router port forwarding configuration).

However immediately following upgrading the standalone Java app is no longer able to connect to the web server reporting that the password is incorrect.

I have changed nothing (beyond the BI update) and have tried the following without success to see if this fixed the issue:

Turned off authentication within BI.
Rebooted BI4 Host server (W201R2)
Created new account for access on BI4
Turned off Windows Firewall

Just wondering if there are any log files I can view to try and ascertain what might be causing the issue?

Cheers

Alan
Liverpool UK

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not at home today so I will not be able to test it myself right away, but I bet I know what happened.

It is entirely my fault. Earlier this week, I asked Ken if he could remove the Set-Cookie header from Blue Iris' JSON API responses, as it was unnecessary and it caused trouble for my UI2 development. I'm guessing that BI 4.0.5 included this change. Ironically, it seems I had long ago coded BlueIrisViewer to rely on this header (which is now gone, at my request)!

I will fix the bug tonight or tomorrow and upload a new version of BlueIrisViewer to the Codeplex page. Then, as always, I will reply to this thread to announce the update.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it hasn't been down long but I'm already missing the viewer. thanks for your work, bp! do you have a bitcoin address? I'd like to send you a donation

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The update is live.

BlueIrisViewer 2.5.2

+ Added MJPEG streaming option which increases efficiency slightly. On by default.
* Increased default delay between frames to keep the frame rate and CPU usage roughly the same as it was before MJPEG streaming. Only affects new users (who have not got a BIVSettings.cfg file).
* Minor performance optimizations.
* Fixed session handling so it will work with Blue Iris 4.0.5.

I do not accept donations at this time, but I appreciate the offer!

phebous

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to thank you for the excellent work you have done here. The application runs great on my PC which support OpenGL.

I have been doing some experimenting with various setups for remote video monitoring. I had to run a HDMI cable all the way across a building to get the image to the TV Monitor. I have been thinking that if could attach a Raspberry PI to the back of the TV, I could plug the PI into the local network port. This would allow me to connect a monitor anyplace with an Ethernet connection. The only problem is the raspberry pi only supports OpenGLES, therefore I only receive this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.unsupportedClassVersionError: org/brian/blueirisviewer/main : unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.definelas1(Native Metod)

So, I am wondering if you have any ideas on getting BlueIrisViewer App running on a Raspberry Pi.

phebous

n3wb
Reaction score
I have already stumbled across this idea/site. This is how I have gotten as far as I have. There are still stumbling blocks on trying to imitate OpenGL in OpenGLES, for example, not all functions are emulated. I have also dug into your code but without intimate knowledge of OpenGL code spec and OpenGLES spec, performing the translation is monumental (i.e. like you said, “really involved”). I do, however, thank you for your prompt response.

With regards to the Raspberry Pi, I agree with you the model B/B+ were rather weak. With the Pi 2, it now boasts a 1GHz - 4 core processor and a gig of ram. It also have hi-def graphics on par with an Xbox. It is a really snappy little box. I have been working with this thing and am impressed on the cost vs value of it.

I have just started looking into the UI2. It looks interesting. I am going to need to look into the CPU demand which may be needed to support it. I am currently taxing my BI box CPU. Currently, displaying it with BI it consumes about 30% of the CPU. If I run a through the web browser (using default2.htm), it drops down to 15 to 20% additional load. This brings my total system utilization to 60 to 70%. I am trying to seek ways to reduce it. This is another reason the long HDMI cable is not that desirable for me.
What it may come down to would be getting another fan-less i5 box to support more additional monitors and cameras. Oh, well another grand wasted (invested) into my camera system.

Once again, thank you for sharing the wonderful work you have done on your product.

Farrina

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much for resolving this issue so promptly - much appreciated. All working normally once again.

Kind regards

Alan

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have already stumbled across this idea/site. This is how I have gotten as far as I have. There are still stumbling blocks on trying to imitate OpenGL in OpenGLES, for example, not all functions are emulated. I have also dug into your code but without intimate knowledge of OpenGL code spec and OpenGLES spec, performing the translation is monumental (i.e. like you said, “really involved”). I do, however, thank you for your prompt response.

With regards to the Raspberry Pi, I agree with you the model B/B+ were rather weak. With the Pi 2, it now boasts a 1GHz - 4 core processor and a gig of ram. It also have hi-def graphics on par with an Xbox. It is a really snappy little box. I have been working with this thing and am impressed on the cost vs value of it.

I have just started looking into the UI2. It looks interesting. I am going to need to look into the CPU demand which may be needed to support it. I am currently taxing my BI box CPU. Currently, displaying it with BI it consumes about 30% of the CPU. If I run a through the web browser (using default2.htm), it drops down to 15 to 20% additional load. This brings my total system utilization to 60 to 70%. I am trying to seek ways to reduce it. This is another reason the long HDMI cable is not that desirable for me.
What it may come down to would be getting another fan-less i5 box to support more additional monitors and cameras. Oh, well another grand wasted (invested) into my camera system.

Once again, thank you for sharing the wonderful work you have done on your product.
The BlueIrisViewer java app is very demanding on blueiris.exe because it pulls more jpeg frames than any web page would. It can more than double blueiris.exe's CPU usage. So the web pages like UI2 are actually a lot more efficient for all systems involved. default2.htm (and default.htm) are kind of special, as they use the activex browser plugin and that pulls a true video stream and not just jpeg frames. But even so it typically causes less additional load on blueiris.exe than the BlueIrisViewer java app.

One last thing to mention; some time last year Blue Iris added the ability to individually customize the resolution of each group camera grid frame. (It used to always be below 1 megapixel which looks bad on a 1080p or bigger monitor). So you can get really good image quality now without BlueIrisViewer if you increase that resolution to match your TV/Monitor for all your camera groups.

Thank you very much for resolving this issue so promptly - much appreciated. All working normally once again.

Kind regards

Alan
I use this app daily, too, so no worries; I wouldn't want to go weeks without it either :)

Last edited:

LightsOn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi bp2008,

Thank you again for your continued work. Ever since r2.5 I get "unrecognised server!" error on one of my BI installs? 2.4.1 and 2.4.4 work no problem with same credentials?

Thank you in advance.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are a few incompatibilities between various BlueIrisViewer versions and Blue Iris versions.

BlueIrisViewer 2.4.5 and older, for the most part, should work with any Blue Iris version up through 4.0.4.x

BlueIrisViewer 2.5 only works with Blue Iris 3.60 through Blue Iris 4.0.4.x.

BlueIrisViewer 2.5.2 works with all current Blue Iris versions after 3.60, and is currently the only BlueIrisViewer version that is compatible with Blue Iris 4.0.5 that got released 5 days ago.

I bet your unrecognized server is running BI older than 3.60. I encourage you to update it to 3.66 as this was the last BI 3.x version produced before the update to BI 4 last year. BI 3.66 is supported by all my tools (UI2/BlueIrisViewer).

LightsOn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for the reply - I am running BI 4.0.5.0 W32 so should work - before it was on 4.0.3.1 W32 but also did not work as described - I upgraded as made sense but still no cigar. I have restarted BI but not the machine itself - will not be able to do that till later - could that now be the issue or perhaps something else?

Thank you.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I recommend you check the IP address and port number then. If it is accidentally connecting to something that is not a blue iris server, that could explain the issue.

Ian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi - I have been using the viewer for a little while and love it. Thank you.
I use it on my desktop and it works fine. I did the update following the BI update.
I have a Windows tablet that I also use for viewing. Up until recently it has also been fine. I had to have the tablet replaced, now I can't get the viewer working!
It tells me it is unable to find the server. I can ping the server and login via a web page, but not the viewer.
Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe something is preventing the process from accessing the network. It isn't likely to be the solution, but try disabling Windows firewall temporarily.

Otherwise I just suggest you probably entered the address wrong. You can copy the working configuration file from the desktop to the tablet if you want.

Ian

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replying.
Tried both of those - still no success.

I've checked and rechecked the address.