Starlight vs Night Color

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggested a $400ish PTZ lol. Actually I think $440.

But the SD6A is an incredible night performer as it uses a laser instead of LED for the IR. And has a windshield wiper to clean the lens LOL.

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suggested a $400ish PTZ lol. Actually I think $440.

But the SD6A is an incredible night performer as it uses a laser instead of LED for the IR. And has a windshield wiper to clean the lens LOL.
Shit - completely missed that. Sorry. How is the 49425 in night at distance? I'm assuming I could use a different camera to tell it where to track and zoom to?

Thanks!!!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 49425 isn't as good as the 49225 as they are both on the same size sensor. Andy was the only one that still had the 49225 with autotracking, so even if you find it from another vendor, that will be missing.

Now with that said, given your use case and 150 feet out, I think the 49425 would do ok with the registration on a boat. Most of these are going to be what white boat with black lettering or dark boat with white lettering, so the contrast should be there. It would probably be B/W and infrared at night though.

For faces, it would start to get questionable, but for your use case I think it will work.

And yes, with an NVR or Blue Iris, you could use your fixed cameras to tell the PTZ where to point to.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

johnstjs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks.

It looks like I might need to picks up a couple of the PTZ cameras that wittaj suggested (the IPC-T2231T-ZS only zooms, I need on that can auto-track) and see if I can tie it into the motion sensors of the cameras I currently have. I think that will be my best bet for getting the coverage I want and still stay in our budget.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks.

It looks like I might need to picks up a couple of the PTZ cameras that wittaj suggested (the IPC-T2231T-ZS only zooms, I need on that can auto-track) and see if I can tie it into the motion sensors of the cameras I currently have. I think that will be my best bet for getting the coverage I want and still stay in our budget.

FYI - looks like @rmasoncarolinacomputerservices-com had a client who cancelled the project .. "New in box, Ordered from Andy, customer canceled Project. Have $30,000 worth of Cameras and NVR's I need to sell. PM if you need a list "

New in box - SD8A840-HNF-PA 4K Starlight AI 40xZoom PTZ 8MP IP Camera Hi-PoE Auto-track $1250 FIRM

Reaction score
FYI - looks like @rmasoncarolinacomputerservices-com had a client who cancelled the project .. "New in box, Ordered from Andy, customer canceled Project. Have $30,000 worth of Cameras and NVR's I need to sell. PM if you need a list "

New in box - SD8A840-HNF-PA 4K Starlight AI 40xZoom PTZ 8MP IP Camera Hi-PoE Auto-track $1250 FIRM
Yep, trying to sell to recover loss. Prices are a little negotiable as I realize each day I hold them like fruit they lose value

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
...This just in.....It seems my 6mm is showing the substream. I don't know why. it used to toggle between Sub and Main when going Solo to one cam in BI. Somethings amiss. That could possibly be the Substream image.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry just skimmed this but I think @wittaj touched on using a good (or a couple) overview camera like the 4K-X that doubles as a spotter for a high power PTZ.
The 6 series PTZ with the laser IR is awesome and tracks well out to 500-600 ft as shown in the video below. It will go further but I'm limited in distance

(Remember to choose 1440 for the Youtube player)

SD6AL433XA-HNR

Sign at about 600+ft
View attachment 136109 View attachment 136108 View attachment 136107
Hi,
I became also an onwer of SD6AL433XA-HNR.
It is a good camera but I have some problems with setup autotracking.
Could you tell me how you setup this autotracking on the video?
As far as I know to setup autotracking I need IVS rules for it.
Is it true?
Can I setup autotracking without IVS for instance for motion detection?
I want to autotrack any moving inside some area.
Is it possible?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I became also an onwer of SD6AL433XA-HNR.
It is a good camera but I have some problems with setup autotracking.
Could you tell me how you setup this autotracking on the video?
As far as I know to setup autotracking I need IVS rules for it.
Is it true?
Can I setup autotracking without IVS for instance for motion detection?
I want to autotrack any moving inside some area.
Is it possible?
Yes you need IVS. Here is the quick and dirty:

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1665162836803.png

And then follow this thread on how to setup spotter cams if you have enough cameras and the system to do so:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do the PZTs track boats?
If it can see a person it can LOL.

By default it won't track boats but you can set min size to try to get it to track or it might think it is a vehicle and track it. Might be some other tricks too. But if it is mission critical to track boats, I don't know if I would trust it.