struggling to connect to IPC-HDW5231R-Z

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Saw those was hopping to see the ends to see if the wires made it all the way in.

bronzehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_1889.jpg

Does this help ?

IMG_1887.jpg

The other end is outside garage.. will send a pic tomorrow..

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The white/green, blue, white blue, and green wires all look short in that second picture I couldn't tell from the first pic

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 28844

Does this help ?

View attachment 28845

The other end is outside garage.. will send a pic tomorrow..
you cannot tell if its a good crimp by simply looking at it..the cheapest and easiest thing to do is to simply recrimp it..
not sure what the point of a power adapter is...it is a poe camera and should work that way and does with a short cable, that tells you its 100 percent a cable issue.

bronzehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
you cannot tell if its a good crimp by simply looking at it..the cheapest and easiest thing to do is to simply recrimp it..
not sure what the point of a power adapter is...it is a poe camera and should work that way and does with a short cable, that tells you its 100 percent a cable issue.
I'll get a RJ45 crimp tool and attempt to recrimp it...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just a little extra info. It appears as if your leads into the plug are too long and the cable jacket is entirely outside of the plug. If you look at the plug from the top down, there is a bar that when you crimp the plug, will press down into the cable jacket to hold it against the plug. So when you recrimp, make sure that the leads are short enough to allow the jacket to get under this bar, but not too short that they don't reach the end of the plug.

Edit: I also like to use a stripping tool such as https://www.amazon.com/UbiGear-Cable-Stripper-Cutter-Peeler/dp/B00BPZK3XI/ref=sr_1_24?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1524525558&sr=1-24&keywords=rj45+stripper . This has a straight blade that you can use after you fan out, order and flatten the leads. You can make a nice, clean, square cut across all eight wires.

Attachments

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bronzehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just to let you know I re-crimped the end based on the last picture posted, and voila! it works!

Seems like wire 6 wasn't getting any connectivity based on the LAN tester.

Many thanks to everyone with all the advice! Will mount the camera on the weekend!

Cheers again

bronzehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone here uses the same with Synology?

Just need some suggestions on the optimal settings for this camera in terms of resolution, bitrate, etc.

Last edited: