Swann IP address

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have purchased a swann 4k poe camera. Ive connected it to the poe switch and blueiris, tried searching for it through BI but nothing comes up. How can I find out the devices ip address or get BI to detect it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have purchased a swann 4k poe camera. Ive connected it to the poe switch and blueiris, tried searching for it through BI but nothing comes up. How can I find out the devices ip address or get BI to detect it?
you need to provide the model. If its a hik use sadp.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive tried sadp, nothing. it is NHD-885MSB. I downloaded some Swann device config tool which can see the camera on an address of 172.16.1.152 but i cant seem to modify it do anything, when i click on the 172 link i get page cannot be found - i guess as my network is on a 192.168.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ive tried sadp, nothing. it is NHD-885MSB. I downloaded some Swann device config tool which can see the camera on an address of 172.16.1.152 but i cant seem to modify it do anything, when i click on the 172 link i get page cannot be found - i guess as my network is on a 192.168.
Those are not hik. They may not even support rtsp or onvif.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have purchased a swann 4k poe camera.
Unfortunately Swann put out a lot of Swann-proprietary cameras and NVRs that do not interoperate with other manufacturer's devices, or even their own (!) in the way we have become used to.
Whether your camera is in the category, or whether you are lucky and it's one of the re-brands they sell, I don't know.

But there is a fair chance you can find out from one of the Swann forum technical people if you register here and post about the problem :
Join to ask questions and find answers | Swann Support Community

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @dave888

There's a thread here on ipct on the newer Swann ( non-Hikvision ) cameras ( NHD-885MSB ). You probably want to see that thread ( True Detect models )

**UPDATED**SUCCESS**CRACKED*Swann PROPRIETARY camera-can't see it on the network-Swann SWNHD-865MSB