Swann system or peice together my own?

Eric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Fruit, milkisbad just so happened and sent me a PM stating he wouldn't be back for a while so ordering the NVR from Nelly's and the cameras from wrightwoodsurveillance looks like the route I'm going to go.

I'll update once everything is received.

Last edited by a moderator:

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Eric - check your PM messages, just a little info and some stuff to review. Hope this might help in your decision.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Fruit, milkisbad just so happened and sent me a PM stating he wouldn't be back for a while so ordering the NVR from Nelly's and the cameras from wrightwoodsurveillance looks like the route I'm going to go.

I'll update once everything is received.
They both have a good reputation, so you're in safe hands. What did you order?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok i think i get this now. Maybe i was over thinking it.

Del Boy i am also from the UK, could you please suggested a good supplier for cctv equipment. There are loads to choose from online and my main concern is returning faulty equipment. Who would you suggest please? I am interested in ip cameras probably Hikvision.

* pls do not suggest peckham market :D
I've been using Exact CCTV after I read a few good reviews on the two other forums. The amount of stuff I have from them I really should get a loyalty discount. I also get some stuff I can't get in the UK from Aliexpress but understand why others are reluctant.

Best bits of advice: 1) steer away from Maplin and the Swann analog crap they sell for £500+ or the cheap analog systems you see for £200. 2) listen to the peeps here, they know their stuff and are willing to help

This crap for example is the best part of £400 / $600 and they pretend to claim it's digital, as if it's anywhere near the standard of IP cameras. Avoid.