Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

wariow

n3wb
Reaction score
I do get a notification when someone presses the doorbell even when the motion detection is not working.
Good to know, does it come with a screenshot or something similar? What app are you using specifically?

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know, does it come with a screenshot or something similar? What app are you using specifically?
I have a LaView model and also a LaView NVR. So I use LaView Connect. When the button is pressed, you get an alert on the phone saying something like "Someone is calling from Front Door", Front door is what I named the doorbell. If you don't answer there will be a short clip of the button press.

Motion sensing is super important to me though. If its working, then you get a short video regardless of button press. Then I can go back in the history and quickly see every motion even for a specific day.

wariow

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a LaView model and also a LaView NVR. So I use LaView Connect. When the button is pressed, you get an alert on the phone saying something like "Someone is calling from Front Door", Front door is what I named the doorbell. If you don't answer there will be a short clip of the button press.

Motion sensing is super important to me though. If its working, then you get a short video regardless of button press. Then I can go back in the history and quickly see every motion even for a specific day.
Makes sense but I already have a LaView NVR like you with a camera mounted on top of the door and I'm using the Laview Net (not laview connect) app to send me notifications. Are you using that as well for the La view NVR?

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Makes sense but I already have a LaView NVR like you with a camera mounted on top of the door and I'm using the Laview Net (not laview connect) app to send me notifications. Are you using that as well for the La view NVR?
I have both apps installed, and they both work. I actually find that I like the Connect app a bit better. My door bell is recording 24x7 to the NVR. I don't think I would get one if I already had a camera mounted above the door though. It might be a bit overkill and there are better intercom doorbells. For me, it was a great option to get a camera to my front door.

wariow

n3wb
Reaction score
I have both apps installed, and they both work. I actually find that I like the Connect app a bit better. My door bell is recording 24x7 to the NVR. I don't think I would get one if I already had a camera mounted above the door though. It might be a bit overkill and there are better intercom doorbells. For me, it was a great option to get a camera to my front door.
I thought about that as well for being redundant but I get too many false alarms already and would like to buy a doorbell that does't require a paid subscription when I already have a NVR. What other intercom doorbells do you think are better or recommend? I just want a notification when somebody pushes the doorbell so I know it's not a false alarm.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought about that as well for being redundant but I get too many false alarms already and would like to buy a doorbell that does't require a paid subscription when I already have a NVR. What other intercom doorbells do you think are better or recommend? I just want a notification when somebody pushes the doorbell so I know it's not a false alarm.
I had a Skybell HD, they go on sale a couple times a year for $129. You get 7 days of cloud storage for free, it does motion and door bell press alerts. My issue with it was the motion detection was not the best, so once it went off the video would start recording, and I'd see people walking away, vs walking towards the door. But if you have a full time camera already, then it would not be that big of a deal.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks for the update. I ordered Nelly's version of the doorbell last week and hopefully won't encounter too many troubles. Keep us posted and I'll post my experience when/if I install it. Currently 11 degrees outside!
Clare Controls states that their v2.0 doorbell cam uses the same hardware with the new v2.0 firmware.

Not sure about the other brands, but the Clare can set the area of motion detection and the sensitivity. The default is the whole image and you get a lot of alerts, but changing the detection area down to just the doorstep and walkway reduced the alerts to just movement near the door. Now see only package delivery and family, along a neighbor cat and a stray dog that I think someone dropped off.

Good luck with Nelly version.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Clare Controls states that their v2.0 doorbell cam uses the same hardware with the new v2.0 firmware.

Not sure about the other brands, but the Clare can set the area of motion detection and the sensitivity. The default is the whole image and you get a lot of alerts, but changing the detection area down to just the doorstep and walkway reduced the alerts to just movement near the door. Now see only package delivery and family, along a neighbor cat and a stray dog that I think someone dropped off.

Good luck with Nelly version.
On the LaView with the most current firmware I am also able to draw the motion detection area on the screen using the App. My issue is it seems to be losing the detection grid every day or so.

I'm trying a few things. I had been using the Web GUI to set the motion detection. it had finer control. I'm going to try just using the App, even though the zones are a bit larger than I'd like. Maybe that will stay.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
I was actually going to get on here today to post the same thing. My motion sensor seems to stop working every day or two. Are you setting it up via web interface, or the app, or both?
it will only work on the app. All other settings doesn't seem to work for me.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On the LaView with the most current firmware I am also able to draw the motion detection area on the screen using the App. My issue is it seems to be losing the detection grid every day or so.

I'm trying a few things. I had been using the Web GUI to set the motion detection. it had finer control. I'm going to try just using the App, even though the zones are a bit larger than I'd like. Maybe that will stay.
For the Care version, I use the browser app and set the detection area and sensitivity. I also use cam software (zoneminder, iSpy, XEOMA, etc) and set it up for motion detection, which knows nothing about the internal cam motion detection settings. So, I record motion on the PC (which can send email if desired) and also receive notice for internal motion detection on the phone Clare app. Works well.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a problem with connecting a Honeywell 12VAC chime.

The chime is running 12VAC and the DS-KB6003-WIP on 24VAC.

I have put a 24VAC relais in between the 2 circuits but it's not working. I'm using the same power supply with a 12VAC and 24VAC line to power both devices.

Below a schematic overview of my setup and below that a video when it starts up. (click thumbnail)

wifi bell.jpg

The button backlight is flashing red very rapidly and I hear the relais clicking. The IR led is flashing too (visible on video). The DS-KB6003-WIP does not seem to boot up.

Dropbox - 2018-01-05 22.54.18.mp4

What can I do to make this work?

Relais is the Finder 22.21.8.024.4000 I have included the datasheet as well as attachment.

Attachments

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello all,

The button backlight is flashing red very rapidly and I hear the relais clicking. The IR led is flashing too (visible on video). The DS-KB6003-WIP does not seem to boot up.

What can I do to make this work?
I have a mechanical chime, but I've read that when using a digital chime, you had to add a diode, as it will continually ring the door bell. Not sure if that's your problem, but may be worth a try. The Clare Controls version came with the diode, but had to go to their website documents to find out why it was included. Knowledge Base

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a mechanical chime, but I've read that when using a digital chime, you had to add a diode, as it will continually ring the door bell. Not sure if that's your problem, but may be worth a try. The Clare Controls version came with the diode, but had to go to their website documents to find out why it was included. Knowledge Base
I have a mechanical doorbell, but the other night we were having some power surges and my doorbell would ring. Not a full outage but enough to dim the lights. Do you think using the diode would work with a mechanical doorbell?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a mechanical doorbell, but the other night we were having some power surges and my doorbell would ring. Not a full outage but enough to dim the lights. Do you think using the diode would work with a mechanical doorbell?
No, in Clare docs, they emphasize you should not use the diode on mechanical doorbells.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, in Clare docs, they emphasize you should not use the diode on mechanical doorbells.
Yeah, I have the LaView version and it says the same thing. Just wondering what the diode actually does

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
RCA?
I did not realize they were still a viablecompany. How many rebranders are they allowing to sell this thing when it clearly still has issues from reading these posts.
This is a Hikvision product at its heart, correct?
RCA as a company disappeared years ago. All is left is the name.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the LaView version and it says the same thing. Just wondering what the diode actually does
In this case, I believe it's converting the AC voltage (full-wave...which continuously goes a positive to a negative swing at 60Hz) to basically a half-wave DC like voltage (removing the negative voltage) to continue to power the digital chime while the doorbell is not pressed, otherwise the chime won't have any power. When the doorbell is pressed, it shorts the diode such that the full-wave voltage goes thru and triggers the chime sound.