Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have there been any firmware updates lately. I'm still having the issue with the doorbell losing it's motion zones every few days. Easy enough to set back up, but don't really want to have to do that. It seems like this would be something easily fixed in firmware.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
LaView told me to expect a new update in a few weeks. I am having the same issue. This only happens if I mess with it through the browser. If I turn it off and on again on the app, it appears to work fine.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LaView told me to expect a new update in a few weeks. I am having the same issue. This only happens if I mess with it through the browser. If I turn it off and on again on the app, it appears to work fine.
Here's another question about the firmware. I updated a few weeks ago using the firmware file you provided. I then updated again using the app.

Prior to the update I had added the camera to my LaView NVR. it auto detected, and I was able to set motion detection, name it, etc. It was using the LaView Protocol. After the firmware update, I was unable to connect to the camera using the LaView Protocol. I've added it using OVNIF, but that does not support the motion detection on the NVR, etc. I can connect to it using it's own IP of course, but liked the idea of using the NVR.

Anyway, did the firmware provided basically flash this to HiKvision doorbell, making it "less compatable" with LaView?

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's another question about the firmware. I updated a few weeks ago using the firmware file you provided. I then updated again using the app.

Prior to the update I had added the camera to my LaView NVR. it auto detected, and I was able to set motion detection, name it, etc. It was using the LaView Protocol. After the firmware update, I was unable to connect to the camera using the LaView Protocol. I've added it using OVNIF, but that does not support the motion detection on the NVR, etc. I can connect to it using it's own IP of course, but liked the idea of using the NVR.

Anyway, did the firmware provided basically flash this to HiKvision doorbell, making it "less compatable" with LaView?
OK, I figured out my mistake with the NVR, When I flashed and the IP changed, I never updated the manual entry with the right IP. Bottom line, it does now detect as a normal LaView Camera, and I can configure motion zones, and set name and display info from the NVR.

But my motion detection is still messed up.

I'm not sure where I should be enabling it or disabling it. Ultimately I would like the NVR to record 24x7, preferably with motion detection events being recorded to the NVR.
I'd also like the App on my phone to report when it receives motion detection, this is what keeps breaking every few hours to a couple days.

When it stops working, I connect to the doorbell via it's web interface, and find that the motion alerts checkbox is unchecked. The App still shows enabled. Also if I draw the motion zone in the web app, the Phone App, or even my NVR, they all show the same squares (well the iOS App can only draw big squares, but it still recoginizes the smaller squares drawn by either the NVR or web interface.)

wariow

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally got the doorbell from Nelly and tried to install it. I have 2 digital chimes and when installed, my first doorbell constantly rings. I've installed the resistor both ways from the transformer (next to the breaker box) and next to the doorbell itself) still no dice and while everything works perfectly, the doorbell keeps on ringing. Anybody have an idea on how to fix this? Should I use a diode instead like they do for the ring doorbells?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I finally got the doorbell from Nelly and tried to install it. I have 2 digital chimes and when installed, my first doorbell constantly rings. I've installed the resistor both ways from the transformer (next to the breaker box) and next to the doorbell itself) still no dice and while everything works perfectly, the doorbell keeps on ringing. Anybody have an idea on how to fix this? Should I use a diode instead like they do for the ring doorbells?
Nelly sent you a resistor and not a diode? I would think it should be a diode. Maybe it was a packing mistake at the factory... Give Nelly a call.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did and they said resistor only, any help?
Couldn't find any info on which diode is used, but looking at diode rectifier specs, a 1N4001 to 1N4007 is probably what Ring and others use. It appears the 4007 can handle higher voltages (won't heat up and melt :)). You can pick that to be safe or one of the lower voltage versions ( http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/1N4001-D.PDF ). Too bad Radio Shack isn't around any more, so amazon may be a good choice..

Here are instructions from Clare: Knowledge Base

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I was able to get the doorbell camera added to my LaView NVR with LaView protocol, but then had the weirdest thing happen. In the LaView Connect app, if I went to look at previous events, it would show me the feed from another camera (camera 1), if I watched Live View it was fine. If I went to the NVR and selected camera 5 (which is the doorbell), it would bring up the live feed, but again, but history was still camera 1.

I ended up setting it back to OVNIF, and it's fine, just cannot make camera level changes like name, motion, OSD from the NVR.

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Let us know as it performs once you get it as it looks similar to the LTS/Laview/Clare. Good price at $119 shipped and no tax from ebay especially if there is no more $99 sales in 2018.
I got it installed today. Setup with the RCA app was normal, no hiccups. I'm trying to login the webpage via the IP address and the default webpage is a hikvision background. I'm trying to login with admin and what I thought was the default pw, 12345 and also tried admin and can't login. Any tips? I also tried to set the password via the app and tried that pw as well...no go. I do see the doorbell listed in BI when I scan so that is promising.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I reset the device and started over.....I can login now and it’s connected to BI.
Good to hear, did you get it off ebay or amazon? So the RCA default login/passwd is admin/1234?

I'm thinking of trying out the demo version of BL. When creating the cam in BL, did you select rtsp://, enter the IP Address and perform a search? Did it find it with /Streaming/Channels/101 or something else? With motion, it is choppy or smooth playing?

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It’s smooth playing. BI found it with a search. I set the password in the camera setup process and logged in with admin and my pw.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s smooth playing. BI found it with a search. I set the password in the camera setup process and logged in with admin and my pw.
how is the audio? does two way work (with BI)?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got it installed today. Setup with the RCA app was normal, no hiccups. I'm trying to login the webpage via the IP address and the default webpage is a hikvision background. I'm trying to login with admin and what I thought was the default pw, 12345 and also tried admin and can't login. Any tips? I also tried to set the password via the app and tried that pw as well...no go. I do see the doorbell listed in BI when I scan so that is promising.
Cool, looks like the RCA variant is working well for you once you got past the login hurdle. I read on ipcamtalk that Clare model was supposed to come with shims in early 2018 so wondering if anyone has received theirs. My front door placement will need some offset to deal with the IR reflection mentioned by many in this thread.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe try cabinet shims. Yeah they're wood, generally cedar, but can be easily cut, stacked and painted to get whatever angle might work best rather than being stuck with just one or two angles, if that's even included.