Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
is the ver 180809 from here for this camera as well?
ftp://ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Access%20Control%20&%20Video%20Intercom/Firmware/Video%20Intercom/IP%20Door%20Bells/Wi-Fi%20Door%20Bell/
This firmware works. I installed it today and everything seems exactly the same as far as web interface and operation. I imagine they fixed "bugs" but no way to tell until (or if ever) there's a release log.

Let me know if anyone else gets a chance to test it out and if it resolves any issues for you.

Attachments

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed Carbon ROM on my Nexus 6 phone 2 days ago. It's Android 8.1 I have used many ROMs on many phone, and this Carbon is perfect. Android Pie 9.0 sucks ass with what they did to the volume controls. And none of the Pie ROMs work too well. Have not tried the Carbon Pie though.
I figured out the notifications from the Uniden One app.
I get all notifications now every time the doorbell is rang. But, only if the phone is unlocked. I have a pin lock after 10 minutes.
So if the screen is locked, I get nothing. No sounds or notifications. When it is not locked and the screen is off, the doorbell call screen appears everytime and I can answer the doorbell and have a 2 way.

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
This firmware works. I installed it today and everything seems exactly the same as far as web interface and operation. I imagine they fixed "bugs" but no way to tell until (or if ever) there's a release log.

Let me know if anyone else gets a chance to test it out and if it resolves any issues for you.
Does that change the camera branding or reset the device PW to default?

wbe

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@doctorwizz

for my LTS version, it did not change the branding and it did not set the password back to default.
However, as a rule, I always do a factory restore after firmware updates and of course that set the password back to default.
Before I did the firmware update, I deleted the doorbell camera from my Hik-Connect account.
After the firmware update and factory restore, I set the password through the webui sign-on just like I would for my other Hikvision cameras...
Then after I have successfully signed on through webui, I reattach to my Hik-Connect account.
I'm sure not all these steps are necessary, it's just my craziness kicking in...

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx! I going to leave mine as is for now. Working fine with my new phone rom.

Reaction score
I finally got around to checking and I have a 16V 10VA transformer. Will replacing it with a more powerful transformer help with the weak wifi reception? Aside from when I initially installed it, I don't seem to have issues with rebooting.

wbe

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Ehab Saad

I have just installed the 180809, I have not yet noticed any differences. The only issue I was having with the previous firmware was button press notifications were hit or miss when my screen was locked...

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I finally got around to checking and I have a 16V 10VA transformer. Will replacing it with a more powerful transformer help with the weak wifi reception? Aside from when I initially installed it, I don't seem to have issues with rebooting.
I could be wrong but I doubt it will help the wifi signal at all. You will probably have better luck installing a wifi extender and then connecting the doorbell to it, have you tried that yet?

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I doubt it will help the wifi signal at all. You will probably have better luck installing a wifi extender and then connecting the doorbell to it, have you tried that yet?
Yeah I tried one temporarily and it helped a little. Kind of annoying since the AP sits directly above the doorbell on the next floor. Guess I'll go out and get a permeant repeater.

josalamanca007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just in case anyone else wants to schedule a reboot of the doorbell camera, this is what I am using to reboot it:
curl -X PUT --user admin:password http://192.168.0.64/ISAPI/System/reboot

and if you want to reboot the rest of your Hikvision cameras, the path is http://192.168.0.64/System/reboot.

On the newer (5.5.x) firmware, you have to go into:
Network>AdvanceSettings>Integration Protocol
Enable Hikvision-CGI (checked)
Enable Hikvision-CGI Authentication(digest/basic)

69ragtop

n3wb
Reaction score
I replaced my 16V10VA with a 16V30VA a couple of hours ago. To my surprise, the wifi level reported on the Ubiquiti Unifi controller increased a few dB from previous readings. Same AP. Nothing else changed. I will continue to watch it to see if it remains at the higher level.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Someone identified what looks like an IC here: Identify unknown SMD component code A6530 72130

Looks like a type of fuse.
Google results indicate it's a "High Speed Protector" as described below, an excerpt from this datasheet.

"....The Bourns TBU ™ -CA Series of High Speed Protectors are low capacitance single bidirectional high speed protection components constructed using MOSFET semiconductor technology and designed to protect against faults caused by short circuits, AC power cross, induction, and lightning surges. The Bourns TBU-CA High Speed Protector placed in the system circuit will monitor the current with the MOSFET detection circuit triggering to provide an effective barrier behind which sensitive electronics will not be exposed to large voltages or currents during surge events. The Bourns-CA TBU is provided in a surface mount DFN package and is ideal for a variety of applications, including voice / VDSL cards, protection modules / dongles, process control equipment, test and measurement equipment, and general electronics. The Bourns TBU ™ series is the first new approach to circuit protection in a decade and the winner of . These devices provide an effective barrier in nanoseconds by blocking a transient through a current disconnecting mechanism rather than diverting or shunting the surge to ground."