Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
mines seems to be recording events and motion event are shown in the app. i just dont get any notifications of either a motion alarm or the bell being pressed. i have tried on 3 different iPhones and all with the notifications enabled. and i said yes to all notifications when first running the app.

Anyone else use iphones?
cheers
Gus

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This cam rivals the buggy zmodo products I've tried. I didn't think it was possible. I get notifications on mine, but nothing records to on board memory. I initially had wifi connection issues until using the IR scanning of my settings option.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess Customer Support is going to be bombarded with requests.

In the app, is anyone able to change any of the settings under Device Information? I keep getting Connection Failed.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i tried to make changes under Device Information and got same Connection Failed. However when i checked the device info at https://www.hik-connect.com it had made the changes ok.
Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess it's saving the changes, even if its says connect fail. However, I'm still unable to access the cam directly.

Also noticed SADP isn't updating either... so maybe its not actually changing the port in the device.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd really like to see more sample day\night images or videos from others that have installed this or some of the other doorbell cameras mentioned in this thread. The few sample posts I have seen of night samples have not been all that impressive. Looks like day view can be pretty good though.

If these cameras have a view of the street do they trigger alerts with passing cars and such or is the alert trigger only upon pressing the doorbell button?
Do any of the allow 24/7 recording to the NVR or mostly just on notion or button press?

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
for what it's worth, i've taken the clear tape off of mine and there is no IR glare from the lens/plastic cover. none at all. It may be there is a new generation/version out. Mine has a date on the label near the serial number with 10/2017 so quite new.
cheers
Gus

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd really like to see more sample day\night images or videos from others that have installed this or some of the other doorbell cameras mentioned in this thread. The few sample posts I have seen of night samples have not been all that impressive. Looks like day view can be pretty good though.

If these cameras have a view of the street do they trigger alerts with passing cars and such or is the alert trigger only upon pressing the doorbell button?
Do any of the allow 24/7 recording to the NVR or mostly just on notion or button press?
Day/Night picture is clear enough to identify faces. That was my main criteria. While I had to adjust pictures which makes the color appears unnatural (my bushes have a slight purple lol), you can clear see faces and features. If you connect to the camera via web browser or NVR, you can select which part to trigger alert and also adjust the sensitivity. Currently, I lost all triggers except button pressed. Yes, it records 24/7 if connected to your NVR.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
...If these cameras have a view of the street do they trigger alerts with passing cars and such or is the alert trigger only upon pressing the doorbell button?
Yes, they can trigger motion alerts, depending how far away the road is. You can adjust the sensitivity and adjust the area to for triggering notifications using the browser web interface. The default is the whole camera view, with sensitivity set at 3. With the road about 60 ft away, it triggers cars going by, so had to adjust the trigger area to just the front walkway instead, otherwise you get continuous alerts. You can also turn off the alerts too, especially if you rather get notifications from your NVR.

If you read the thread, most, if not all, can be accessed from an NVR or surveillance software (blue iris ispy, zoneminder, etc). One exception is bluecherrydvr, still waiting for them to debug the issue. Note that the two-way communications may or may not work with your NVR or software.

To access from your NVR, give the camera a static address or, if you are using dynamic addressing, use the MAC address and assign an IP address in your router such that it will always be assigned the same IP address. Then in your NVR or software, use rtsp:://xxx,xxx,xxx.xxx:554/Streaming/Channels/101.

Nighttime viewing is bad, too much IR reflection. This is a design problem, the IR lights should be outside of the camera dome. Only solution is to be able to turn off IR, but there is no option to do so. I've requested to Clare Controls to add that feature so that motion lights could be used or our own IR light...still waiting for any news if they are going to add this ability.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for what it's worth, i've taken the clear tape off of mine and there is no IR glare from the lens/plastic cover. none at all. It may be there is a new generation/version out. Mine has a date on the label near the serial number with 10/2017 so quite new.
cheers
Gus
Would you post night time images? What was the cost of the Hik version? The Clare version I have is really bad at night time.

Reaction score
Hi All. Got the camera today and was in the process of installing it; but it keeps rebooting. The blue light around the button comes on, stays on for about 20 seconds and then it just shuts off... about 5 seconds later it comes back on and it repeats this indefinitely. I never get the red/blue flashing light indicating its ready for setup. Anyone else experience this? Do I need to upgrade my transformer?

Same problem with mine and when it is working the camera take forever to connect. Also the two way audio is horrible. I am going to call my account rep at lts Monday and see if i can get a refund.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
blinking blue means wifi or sd card error. I remembered when I initially set it up, I cannot get it to register my wifi. Fortunately, Laview have an alternate option where they generated a qr code for the door bell to read. That method works perfectly, the instructions with the booklet did not work. They also had spelling errors.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you set static IP?
Sorry, I was getting another cam mixed up with this one. On the Clare doorbell, there is no option to set a static IP address. So, the best way is to use the MAC address and set an IP address for it. The MAC address should be stated on the box and under the cover of the doorbell. Note, mine was not the same as the actual one. I found out by looking on my router for a new MAC address. Once you see this, your router should have an area that will allow you to assign an IP address. For example, I'm using my old DL-624 for now and it's under DHCP menu, look for "static DHCP" or something similar, give it a name, IP address and enter the MAC address of the doorbell cam, then save it. See image below.

Attachments

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, they can trigger motion alerts, depending how far away the road is. You can adjust the sensitivity and adjust the area to for triggering notifications using the browser web interface. The default is the whole camera view, with sensitivity set at 3. With the road about 60 ft away, it triggers cars going by, so had to adjust the trigger area to just the front walkway instead, otherwise you get continuous alerts. You can also turn off the alerts too, especially if you rather get notifications from your NVR.

If you read the thread, most, if not all, can be accessed from an NVR or surveillance software (blue iris ispy, zoneminder, etc). One exception is bluecherrydvr, still waiting for them to debug the issue. Note that the two-way communications may or may not work with your NVR or software.

To access from your NVR, give the camera a static address or, if you are using dynamic addressing, use the MAC address and assign an IP address in your router such that it will always be assigned the same IP address. Then in your NVR or software, use rtsp:://xxx,xxx,xxx.xxx:554/Streaming/Channels/101.

Nighttime viewing is bad, too much IR reflection. This is a design problem, the IR lights should be outside of the camera dome. Only solution is to be able to turn off IR, but there is no option to do so. I've requested to Clare Controls to add that feature so that motion lights could be used or our own IR light...still waiting for any news if they are going to add this ability.
thanks for the string. It's working in blue iris for me now, but dropping frames here and there. Anyone know the framerate it should be set at or any other settings?

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone manage to change the Camera Name in the lower right, once connected to NVR. mine always says "Camera 01" no matter what i do or change across the apps/web pages.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Attached is the possible config via web interface just in case anyone is curious what is available.
How did you access this page? I've tried using the IP and changing the ports from 80 to various others with no success. I did get it added to BI.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks for the string. It's working in blue iris for me now, but dropping frames here and there. Anyone know the framerate it should be set at or any other settings?
I don't have BL, but here are my settings. You should be able to access the cam via IE browser (Edge is not recommended). Go to Video/Audio, it should bring up the main feed (it has a lower res option using /Streaming/Channels/102). You could try a bitrate type of constant, but I think that may be causing the frame drops.

Resolution: 1920*1080
Bitrate Type: Variable
Video Quality: Higher
Frame Rate: 20
Max Bit Rate: 4096
Max Avg Rate: 2048