Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you been able to get motion detection alert recording working on your dahua nvr? Do you connect via onvif? I have not been able to get that you work, regular recording is ok though
I'm only doing regular continuous recording as I already have another Dahua camera doing IVS recording on the front porch. I connect via onvif and haven't tried customized connections. I'm still tweaking the motion detection area via the NVR as the square blocks are too big on the Hik-connect app for motion push notifications and recording to sdcard.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

Brand new to cameras, etc., so please excuse me newbie questions. I was able to get the RCA version to work (thanks to all the postings on here) and I'm pretty happy with the way it works. I too had the buzzing, but the wire across the terminals lowered it substantially (I'm thinking to get a electronic chime to replace the doorbell, is it work it?)

I run on Apple OS, so I wasn't able to view the camera live by typing in the IP address in the Firefox browser, but I used a Microsoft emulator (Virtualbox) which allows me to see the camera live (looks way better connecting directly to the IP address than looking via the HIkvision app...not sure why, but that's fine, as long as it records the way it is seen via the live view (IP address.)

In any event, I noticed that the time stamp is hard to see (you can see the minutes and seconds, but the hour is too light to see - added a photo to show you.) I tried adjusting in the settings, but it didn't fix it...Seems like a firmware/software issue.

I thought I would try the ivMS-4200 viewing software just to see if I could get the live view that way as well. The software can see the camera's info perfectly, but when I go to add, it says it fails..not sure what I am doing wrong. Not sure if an NVR needs to be hooked up first?

I look forward to getting an NVR and trying to figure out how to hook it all up (intend to go with a Laview NVR with a 2TB HD.)

I was also trying to get my Honeywell alarm touchpad (called the Tuxedo) to play the camera, but I couldn't figure it out. If anyone happens to have this and can get it to work, that would be cool (I know other Hikvision cameras are compatible.)

Thanks for any input you can provide....

Attachments

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi All,

Brand new to cameras, etc., so please excuse me newbie questions. I was able to get the RCA version to work (thanks to all the postings on here) and I'm pretty happy with the way it works. I too had the buzzing, but the wire across the terminals lowered it substantially (I'm thinking to get a electronic chime to replace the doorbell, is it work it?)

I run on Apple OS, so I wasn't able to view the camera live by typing in the IP address in the Firefox browser, but I used a Microsoft emulator (Virtualbox) which allows me to see the camera live (looks way better connecting directly to the IP address than looking via the HIkvision app...not sure why, but that's fine, as long as it records the way it is seen via the live view (IP address.)

In any event, I noticed that the time stamp is hard to see (you can see the minutes and seconds, but the hour is too light to see - added a photo to show you.) I tried adjusting in the settings, but it didn't fix it...Seems like a firmware/software issue.

I thought I would try the ivMS-4200 viewing software just to see if I could get the live view that way as well. The software can see the camera's info perfectly, but when I go to add, it says it fails..not sure what I am doing wrong. Not sure if an NVR needs to be hooked up first?

I look forward to getting an NVR and trying to figure out how to hook it all up (intend to go with a Laview NVR with a 2TB HD.)

I was also trying to get my Honeywell alarm touchpad (called the Tuxedo) to play the camera, but I couldn't figure it out. If anyone happens to have this and can get it to work, that would be cool (I know other Hikvision cameras are compatible.)

Thanks for any input you can provide....
The timestamp auto white/Black depending on the background but it doesn't work perfectly I recommend moving the timestamp to somewhere with consistent background brightness/color if possible, you can move it in Internet explorer in window with the plug-in, not sure about mac

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give that a try..

I'm still noticing a subtle humming.....I wish there was a way to get rid of it completely..:)

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
The only thing holding me back from this purchase is the the "subscriber not available" and "no platform available" messages. Any way to disable them without turning the volume down and effectively disabling the 2-way intercom feature?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The only thing holding me back from this purchase is the the "subscriber not available" and "no platform available" messages. Any way to disable them without turning the volume down and effectively disabling the 2-way intercom feature?
I think those have been changing between firmware version, I can test the 171205 build tonight and let you know what that version is set to. (note that the version/build are dates 17 = 2017, 12 = Dec, 05 = 5th day of the month) so 171218 and 171219 are Dec 18, 2017 and Dec 19, 2017 build dates respectively

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, that is one of the cons of the doorbell right now when you don't answer the video call and visitor hears the sorry the subscriber is not available now please try later messages. I'm sure a firmware update can add disable toggle for that feature along with ability to disable IR if only enough people complain. I'd like to be able to customize my own messages via my personal recorded mp3 files placed on microsd card to replace the stock message if you can't disable the subscriber not available messages.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, that is one of the cons of the doorbell right now when you don't answer the video call and visitor hears the sorry the subscriber is not available now please try later messages. I'm sure a firmware update can add disable toggle for that feature along with ability to disable IR if only enough people complain. I'd like to be able to customize my own messages via my personal recorded mp3 files placed on microsd card to replace the stock message if you can't disable the subscriber not available messages.
I'm wondering what's with the firmware update lately... many new build in December, but no new build since Jan.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm wondering what's with the firmware update lately... many new build in December, but no new build since Jan.
The stability issues were rampant in November/December which was I why I held off from buying a doorbell until end of January when several users had positive updates on build 171219 addressing connection related issues seen in the earlier firmware builds. Unfortunately, I have a RCA variant so I can't contact Hikvision/LTS/Clare/Nelly/Laview/Uniden support number to provide additional feedback and request for further fixes and/or design change to disable IR/disable messages/allow for custom voice messages. I tried calling RCA but they seem to be fairly clueless VOXX team behind the scenes that read a lot from canned scripts in their knowledgebase articles and I end up resolving most of my issues trying things from this forum. Wished I'd jump on the $99 deal back on black Friday with the other rebrand reseller as my phone app didn't offer anything beyond build 171114 so now relying on other members to inform us of new firmware releases.

eugenile

n3wb
Reaction score
yea same here, that should be an option to disable.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The stability issues were rampant in November/December which was I why I held off from buying a doorbell until end of January when several users had positive updates on build 171219 addressing connection related issues seen in the earlier firmware builds. Unfortunately, I have a RCA variant so I can't contact Hikvision/LTS/Clare/Nelly/Laview/Uniden support number to provide additional feedback and request for further fixes and/or design change to disable IR/disable messages/allow for custom voice messages. I tried calling RCA but they seem to be fairly clueless VOXX team behind the scenes that read a lot from canned scripts in their knowledgebase articles and I end up resolving most of my issues trying things from this forum. Wished I'd jump on the $99 deal back on black Friday with the other rebrand reseller as my phone app didn't offer anything beyond build 171114 so now relying on other members to inform us of new firmware releases.
I have the RCA also, on initial install I think my hikconnect app had the 171201 build on OTA update, this was a little over a week ago

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah, mine was originally build 17114 offered and then went up to 171127 while other rebrands were already at 171218/9 revs. Maybe if enough customers request for firmware update to disable IR and disable not available messages(or allow to use custom mp3), Hik will add it to their priority list to tackle;)

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to customize my own messages via my personal recorded mp3 files placed on microsd card to replace the stock message if you can't disable the subscriber not available messages.
Awesome idea! Would be fun to appropriate the doorbell recording from Ferris Beuller's Day Off :D

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm trying this out with Bi and can't seem to get it to pick up the camera (the RCA variant..) Would someone mind posting a screenshot of the setup? Thanks

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying this out with Bi and can't seem to get it to pick up the camera (the RCA variant..) Would someone mind posting a screenshot of the setup? Thanks
There's rtsp stream url earlier in the thread, if you upgraded the firmware, onvif is on port 80 those should get Bi to connect

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There's rtsp stream url earlier in the thread, if you upgraded the firmware, onvif is on port 80 those should get Bi to connect
Thanks, it had to do with how I wired the door bell ringer - once I fixed that, it resolved itself.

Just another questions, I got the ivMS 4200 to work, but it's a bit choppy on the live view. The strange thing is on recorded playback, not choppy at all. Also don't see the same amount of choppy with the HIKvision ios app for the doorbell - wondering what I can do to correct it....

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi Panel as well and have tried numerous combinations since I've installed my doorbell but couldn't get any of the RTSP url's to stream. I don't believe our Hikvision doorbell is compatible with the Tuxedo. That is the one reason I still hang on my two Amcrest ProHD 1080p IP2M-841B cameras because they still work with the Tuxedo.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
171205 still saying subscriber not available after the ring time out

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi Panel as well and have tried numerous combinations since I've installed my doorbell but couldn't get any of the RTSP url's to stream. I don't believe our Hikvision doorbell is compatible with the Tuxedo. That is the one reason I still hang on my two Amcrest ProHD 1080p IP2M-841B cameras because they still work with the Tuxedo.
Thanks - not a mandatory thing, but I figured I'd give it a try.

Anyone have the HIKvision NVR that comes with 2 to GB HD? I was thinking about using that so I don't use my computer resources....just wondering if you can access all the functions remotely (web browser?) as long as you're on the same network.