Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Revdi3

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies, fellas.
I tried both ways, and none worked. Even tried combinations. I just get "Error: 8000007a (Check Port/User/Password) 0"
I realize I'm a completely new to all this, so I may need a little more direction.
I have three cameras (all PoE) connected to BI currently. They all work well.

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I added mine to Blue Iris by just putting in the IP address and user/password then letting Blue Iris detect it - worked perfect.

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The password is the one used to set up the RCA app? That's what I've been trying.
Look at the back of the unit itself and you'll see a "Verification code" - the user name is "admin", then password is "adminABCDEF" where ABCDEF is the verification code.

Revdi3

n3wb
Reaction score
So none of those ideas worked with said password. I chose "LTS" under the camera make, with the correct password, and viola it worked. I can even use the RCA app at the same time (even when you're not home), which lets you talk to someone when they press the button.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For those that use this Doorbell cam with BI, I'm assuming you could make it to where if the doorbell button is pressed it could activate a "group" of cameras to trigger or record?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So none of those ideas worked with said password. I chose "LTS" under the camera make, with the correct password, and viola it worked. I can even use the RCA app at the same time (even when you're not home), which lets you talk to someone when they press the button.
Which password, exactly? You did not qoute a post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brettcp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anybody been able to get this to work with Google Home/Home Mini, or Amazon Alexa? I was previously using a Nest Hello, and when somebody would press the doorbell button, my google home would announce "Someones at the front door". Any ideas of how this could be accomplished with this doorbell?

Last edited:

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received my new RCA and noticed it comes with FW 180122 preinstalled on it. It didn't have the subscriber not home message. So far pretty good so may not need to upgrade to 180515 at this time.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the lts or uniden cam work with hikvision firmeare or you cant cross install? Also is there any diff in any of the rebrands? Any one better than the other? And why?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They are all the same hardware with different faceplate on exterior(except RCA where it has no label which was why I liked it over LTS/LaView/Clare/Nelly/Uniden/etc). I've installed many FW on my RCA doorbell and they all worked fine. Well except for 180515 which killed my last RCA unit but it may be a fluke hw issue that occurred during FW upgrade. If you want better support, stick with the popular brands as RCA is outsourced so a little more effort to get quality support once escalated to Engr team.

Jon Doe

n3wb
Reaction score
Been trying to tunnel in and access the SD card so I can script something to archive the files on my server regularly. Anyone found a method of accessing this content? I tried enabling the FTP server on the device using iVMS but it just uploads a uselessly empy jpg file on events. iSpyconnect is great and backing it's content up like clockwork just how I wanted it, but it's just another PC i'll have to leave on when i'm away. Would prefer my local linux server and/or the bell do the work. They're always on. Anyone figured out how to gain access to the SD card, even via LAN?

The thread has been very informative to me. I've read many pages. I appreciate everything that everyone has offered to date.

Reaction score
Yep. Picked one up at HD. Good price.
Can you tell me if the uniden logo is silk screen or laser etched? I'd like a blank faceplate like the RCA, so I'm thinking I can remove silkscreen, but can't do anything if it's laser.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Has anybody been able to get this to work with Google Home/Home Mini, or Amazon Alexa? I was previously using a Nest Hello, and when somebody would press the doorbell button, my google home would announce "Someones at the front door". Any ideas of how this could be accomplished with this doorbell?
You can rig a z-wave or other door sensor with external contacts to get tripped by relay when the button is pressed. Then your home automation could send voice announcements to Google Home. All doable with HomeSeer.

Reaction score
I received my new RCA and noticed it comes with FW 180122 preinstalled on it. It didn't have the subscriber not home message. So far pretty good so may not need to upgrade to 180515 at this time.
Wait that message has been removed? I must have missed that! I've been wanting to get one of these, but had issues with that message. Seeing that is at Home Depot for ~$90 and considering I fell down the stairs running from the third floor to get the door yesterday, I may have to get one.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wait that message has been removed? I must have missed that! I've been wanting to get one of these, but had issues with that message. Seeing that is at Home Depot for ~$90 and considering I fell down the stairs running from the third floor to get the door yesterday, I may have to get one.
Yes, that annoying subscriber is not available message is no longer present in the recent versions of FW. In my last RCA(bricked upgrading to FW 180515), I had to mute the volume just to workaround the message. The new RCA unit doesn't have that message so I haven't upgraded it's FW as it's been rock solid the past 3 days of use. I can finally make use of the video doorbell feature now that it just rings and doesn't tell the stranger at the door that you are not available.