Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
Newbie here,

I got the uniden version, after upgrading to 171219 I started getting humming noises.. so I just left it unplugged overnight and it stopped when I plugged it back it.. anyway I just updated to 180726 so hopefully I don't run into this problem again.

1: anyone know what the power booster check box on the system settings page does?

2: can I use any app I want? uniden,hikvision, laview on my android phone? any pref?

3: The motion sensing zone on the webURL has more zones then the uniden app, I was getting a lot of false MD and I noticed when I opened the uniden app that I had to remove 50% of my grid since the blocks were so large, are all the phone apps have the large zone blocks?

4: The SD card, I was trying to view remote playback using the ivm-4200 and couldn't find any streams.. I never actually checked to see if there was an SD card in the unit (amazon purchased said 8gb included) . from the uniden app I was able to click Initialize card, and it said normal. but then it just lets me do it over again. So is there a way to tell if the card is actually in there without having to remove the doorbell and check ( I caulked it and would rather avoid remove the cover to find out) I guess it would have been a good idea to take a picture of the QR Code and PW code prior to doing that :)

TY

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Newbie here,

I got the uniden version, after upgrading to 171219 I started getting humming noises.. so I just left it unplugged overnight and it stopped when I plugged it back it.. anyway I just updated to 180726 so hopefully I don't run into this problem again.

1: anyone know what the power booster check box on the system settings page does?

2: can I use any app I want? uniden,hikvision, laview on my android phone? any pref?

3: The motion sensing zone on the webURL has more zones then the uniden app, I was getting a lot of false MD and I noticed when I opened the uniden app that I had to remove 50% of my grid since the blocks were so large, are all the phone apps have the large zone blocks?

4: The SD card, I was trying to view remote playback using the ivm-4200 and couldn't find any streams.. I never actually checked to see if there was an SD card in the unit (amazon purchased said 8gb included) . from the uniden app I was able to click Initialize card, and it said normal. but then it just lets me do it over again. So is there a way to tell if the card is actually in there without having to remove the doorbell and check ( I caulked it and would rather avoid remove the cover to find out) I guess it would have been a good idea to take a picture of the QR Code and PW code prior to doing that :)

TY
1 I read somewhere that the power boost is supposed to help with the hum???? I have mine checked and sometimes I hear my chime humming softly when it is quiet. I haven't played around with the resistor connection as the hum is very soft when it occurs.

2 I've used Uniden, Hikvision, Guardian, all seem to do the same.

3 I think all apps have same large blocks.

4 I don't think motion detection and push notifications works unless SD card is installed???? Haven't taken card out to verify yet. The QR code and PW codes should be visible in the ivm-4200 or SADP software.

EricLEE

n3wb
Reaction score
1 I read somewhere that the power boost is supposed to help with the hum???? I have mine checked and sometimes I hear my chime humming softly when it is quiet. I haven't played around with the resistor connection as the hum is very soft when it occurs.

2 I've used Uniden, Hikvision, Guardian, all seem to do the same.

3 I think all apps have same large blocks.

4 I don't think motion detection and push notifications works unless SD card is installed???? Haven't taken card out to verify yet. The QR code and PW codes should be visible in the ivm-4200 or SADP software.

Thanks for reply,

I'm getting playback clips on the android phone, so I guess the card is install.. but IVMS-4200 I can not access any remote playback footage I keep getting error 317 no record found. I thought I could use this to view footage on the camera.

what am I missing?

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for reply,

I'm getting playback clips on the android phone, so I guess the card is install.. but IVMS-4200 I can not access any remote playback footage I keep getting error 317 no record found. I thought I could use this to view footage on the camera.

what am I missing?
I don't think this doorbell can be typically accessed/configured like a Hikvision IP camera. I have a Hikvision NVR connected to it using Hikvision protocol(not ONVIF). I can't access the SD card either. I found out you have to be careful using the Hikvision NVR and IVMS-4200 software. I disabled the push notification for motion detection accidently by clicking/saving configurations via NVR software. Had to to a full reset of doorbell to regain function.

Reaction score
Newbie here,

TY
The RCA app has smaller motion detecting zone blocks

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
I've gotten my Uniden (now flashed 180726) working, and it is definitely reporting with ONVIF because I see the right resolution/framerate/etc, but I'm having trouble with the actual video in Synology Surveillance Station. I can see the tiny thumbnail preview fine when I add it, but the video itself never appears - just spinning circle. Strange because if I open the RTSP URL directly in VLC, for example, it works totally fine. And clearly Synology is able to pull it "a little" since it gets the thumbnail image. Anyone else have this working with Synology? I used "generic ONVIF".

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
On another topic, anyone able to turn off the text overlays (time/date/name)? I get "Note: Parameter error" whenever I try to change one of the 3 check-boxes in the "OSD Settings" screen on the web GUI (180726).

fleece

n3wb
Reaction score
Could be your browser. I can only get parameters to stick using IE (with build 171127). But it is possible to turn off all text overlays.

On another topic, anyone able to turn off the text overlays (time/date/name)? I get "Note: Parameter error" whenever I try to change one of the 3 check-boxes in the "OSD Settings" screen on the web GUI (180726).

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
Could be your browser. I can only get parameters to stick using IE (with build 171127). But it is possible to turn off all text overlays.
Definitely not the browser, I've tried all 4 current browsers on this PC, and even just tried a WinXP machine with IE8 installed. All of them give the same "parameter error" message pop-up. Again this is on 180726.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to install that activex plugin I think. I will try it on win7 ie10 because it seems to be working for me. I get parameter errors in all other browsers. I will try again and report back.

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
I've gotten my Uniden (now flashed 180726) working, and it is definitely reporting with ONVIF because I see the right resolution/framerate/etc, but I'm having trouble with the actual video in Synology Surveillance Station. I can see the tiny thumbnail preview fine when I add it, but the video itself never appears - just spinning circle. Strange because if I open the RTSP URL directly in VLC, for example, it works totally fine. And clearly Synology is able to pull it "a little" since it gets the thumbnail image. Anyone else have this working with Synology? I used "generic ONVIF".
On this - The video from this camera shows up on Synology, but only when using the full Desktop installed client of Surveillance Station, not the in-browser app (which appears identical visually). There must be some uniqueness to the H.264 codec used by this camera which Chrome currently can't handle.

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to install that activex plugin I think. I will try it on win7 ie10 because it seems to be working for me. I get parameter errors in all other browsers. I will try again and report back.
Yep, it worked (in IE only) after I installed the ActiveX plugin. I used Win7, IE10. Also the ActiveX plugin is needed if you want small-grid motion detection settings.

Reaction score
New user to the uniden door bell here. Ugraded via the android app to 1.4.62 171225. Downloaded the newer versions through computer but unable to login to the webui using the url. tried chrome, edge, IE11. Dont have the previous versions of Windows. Anyway to upgrade the doorbell through phone to the downloaded firmware? thanks!

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On this - The video from this camera shows up on Synology, but only when using the full Desktop installed client of Surveillance Station, not the in-browser app (which appears identical visually). There must be some uniqueness to the H.264 codec used by this camera which Chrome currently can't handle.
Does Surveillance Station have any options to support Hikvision products? If so you may want to try some of them to connect to the doorbell? You may be able to configure some settings through Surveillance Station.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New user to the uniden door bell here. Ugraded via the android app to 1.4.62 171225. Downloaded the newer versions through computer but unable to login to the webui using the url. tried chrome, edge, IE11. Dont have the previous versions of Windows. Anyway to upgrade the doorbell through phone to the downloaded firmware? thanks!
I think mine upgraded automatically when I activated the doorbell. Pretty sure I remember seeing firmware update in progress?

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
Does Surveillance Station have any options to support Hikvision products? If so you may want to try some of them to connect to the doorbell? You may be able to configure some settings through Surveillance Station.
Yes, but not this one. I tried every 2MP Hikvision camera I could find. It ended up working just using generic ONVIF, though. But only 1 stream, not a primary and low res.

brillb

n3wb
Reaction score
I think mine upgraded automatically when I activated the doorbell. Pretty sure I remember seeing firmware update in progress?
I wasn't able to get the browse button to activate in the web interface to let me upload a file for firmware upgrade. So I used the sideload technique, I put the digicap.dav file on a fat32 formatted microSD card and then powered on the doorbell with that card inserted. It will upgrade from the file on the card.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had same issue with webui not letting me browse so I used the Ivms 4200 Mac OS X app to upgrade firmware. Sideload will work too.

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, but not this one. I tried every 2MP Hikvision camera I could find. It ended up working just using generic ONVIF, though. But only 1 stream, not a primary and low res.
Must be
One stream may be an ONVIF restriction, I get 2 using Hikvision.