Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
Darn - user "admin", password "XXXXXX" the 6 letter verification and it did not work. Ugh and Thanks,
Frank
Did you get it set up through the app? It may be the last password you entered in, at the device activation.

Wait, it should be

user: Admin
password: adminVerificationCode

Not just the verification code.

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Darn - user "admin", password "XXXXXX" the 6 letter verification and it did not work. Ugh and Thanks,
Frank
If the device is already registered on your app, delete the device from your app. Then go the reset process again. At some point when you add the device onto your app, it will ask to setup a password. Write it down, as that is the password that will be needed to log into the cam from a web browser. This is how it worked on the RCA and Clare apps in the past.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone - no luck - GUI is there but will not let me login - my error in setup I assume. I also assumed I could reset to factory as most electronics let you do but alas it apparently will not do so and all passwords and user names I have been given in the app do not work. I deleted the app (uninstalled) disconnected power did a reset (10 times by now) and nothing so far. I will try to set up app again with new password and it seems to assign a user name so perhaps .... I will keep checking back over the week and really appreciate the suggestions - you know something may work.
Again thanks, Frank

Reaction score
Thanks everyone - got it on 100th try. I just connected to the server without registering the camera using the android client, then deleted the android software on all clients (on two phones), and then used "admin" for user and "adminXXXXXX" (where XXXXXX is the verification code on the hardware camera) for password. This is just as you all recommended. Wow blogs work and I thank you who took the time to reply and IPcamtalk for the assistance.
Your thankfully, Frank

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone able to add this doorbell to Dahua NVR via Onvif? I was able to add it to my NVR initially but now it won't connect anymore. Still able to access the doorbell ip through web browser though.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone able to add this doorbell to Dahua NVR via Onvif? I was able to add it to my NVR initially but now it won't connect anymore. Still able to access the doorbell ip through web browser though.
I had it running fine on my Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 via ONVIF for a year before I sold it when I upgraded to my HSDB2 doorbell. Maybe try reentering the user and password again in NVR camera registration. I didn't upgrade FW on NVR since Dec 2017 build and can't vouch for newer 2018 FW for the NVR.

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
I had it running fine on my Dahua NVR5216-4KS2 via ONVIF for a year before I sold it when I upgraded to my HSDB2 doorbell. Maybe try reentering the user and password again in NVR camera registration. I didn't upgrade FW on NVR since Dec 2017 build and can't vouch for newer 2018 FW for the NVR.
Re-entering username and pass didn't work. Resetting doorbell didn't work either. Weird that it connected fine before. Now, the NVR couldn't even find the ip of the doorbell.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re-entering username and pass didn't work. Resetting doorbell didn't work either. Weird that it connected fine before. Now, the NVR couldn't even find the ip of the doorbell.
Unless you upgraded router, changed config on NVR or have some network equipment filtering traffic, I haven't experienced that on my NVR. Try using RTSP(customized) to see if NVR can reach doorbell.

rtsp://192.168.x.x/Streaming/Channels/101/

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
rtsp stream via VLC and NVR didn't work. Should I try changing the ip address of the doorbell and hopefully the NVR will see it then?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
rtsp stream via VLC and NVR didn't work. Should I try changing the ip address of the doorbell and hopefully the NVR will see it then?
That is odd as RTSP via VLC should have worked as basic test of stream. Not sure that changing IP address would do anything as you already have it partially working =>"Still able to access the doorbell ip through web browser". You've already reset the doorbell so registering to cloud backend and attaching it to your wi-fi after reset shows IP is routing fine. Does the doorbell respond to ping to it's IP address?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe try rebooting NVR as your doorbell's web browser works fine and ping is fine from your machine. Others might have some suggestion as I'm out of ideas since the only time I had issue accessing doorbell via NVR was when I did a reset on doorbell and haven't changed password so it was still the default adminXXXXXX. It failed until I changed password via doorbell web browser. My new HSDB2 doorbell only has RTSP support configured on my Dahua NVR so can no longer go back in to test with ONVIF as no longer have a HSDB1.

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
That actually did it! Rebooted router and NVR. NVR finally saw the doorbell and was able to Onvif to it again! Thanks @Pilot04 for your help!!

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That actually did it! Rebooted router and NVR. NVR finally saw the doorbell and was able to Onvif to it again! Thanks @Pilot04 for your help!!
Glad issue is resolved. Having it record to NVR locally was why I chose to go with the HSDB1 and HSDB2 over Nest/Arlo doorbells.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Been trying to get the two way audio working with BI.. Using the same setting but I can not speak out of the doorbell. What firmware are you on? I am V1.4.62 build 180726 via nelly's
Sorry I missed this question earlier. Already replied via PM but just wanted to confirm for others that I do indeed have 2-way audio working on the HSDB1 via Blue Iris. I am on firmware 180726, which as far as I am concerned is the best firmware for this model. If audio spoken via BI is not coming through the speaker on the doorbell, check your "Loudspeaker Volume" in the settings for your doorbell. Maybe's it's set low or off?

Reaction score
So I'm not sure if I just have a bad unit, but the latency on this thing is horrible; it frequently drops packets which is causing issues with my network and NVR. I know the reception on this isn't great, but my router is one floor up on the ceiling and I've tried adjusting channel and AP power, with no effect. Is anyone else having these kind of issues? FWIW, I have upgraded my transformer.

Code:
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2396 ttl=63 time=4684.452 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2397 ttl=63 time=3888.765 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2398 ttl=63 time=3074.809 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2399 ttl=63 time=2541.728 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2400 ttl=63 time=1672.483 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2401 ttl=63 time=804.235 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2402 ttl=63 time=169.415 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2403 ttl=63 time=11.660 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2404 ttl=63 time=5.648 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2405 ttl=63 time=9.587 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2406 ttl=63 time=4.831 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2407 ttl=63 time=752.416 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2408 ttl=63 time=1568.618 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2409 ttl=63 time=3246.739 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2410 ttl=63 time=2343.454 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2411 ttl=63 time=1948.418 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2412 ttl=63 time=1027.291 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2413 ttl=63 time=129.722 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2414 ttl=63 time=12.621 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2415 ttl=63 time=11.461 ms
64 bytes from [CAM IP ADDRESS]: icmp_seq=2416 ttl=63 time=7.838 ms

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What band is it on? Try forcing it on to whatever band it's not on now. 5GHz has more bandwidth but does not get through walls and other obstructions very well. 2.4GHz does better in that regard but often the 2.4GHz band is crowded and prone to interference.

Whoops. Forgot this was the HSDB1 thread, not the HSDB2. Scratch all that.

The HSDB1's radio is notoriously weak, perhaps even weaker than you were thinking. Many people in this thread have had to install a wireless repeater right next to the doorbell.

What channel(s) did you try? For 2.4GHz in the US you should only be using 1, 6 or 11. You can also look for software that will do a WiFi site survey (perhaps even your router/access point can do it) to show you which channels are most congested in your area.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What band is it on? Try forcing it on to whatever band it's not on now. 5GHz has more bandwidth but does not get through walls and other obstructions very well. 2.4GHz does better in that regard but often the 2.4GHz band is crowded and prone to interference.
I thought it was only 2.4 compatible. Does it work on 5GHz as well?