Talk to Camera Function with Hikvision Cameras

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW which has an internal microphone and speaker and from the hikvision software/camera website I can be remote and use the camera as an intercom system. Blue Iris seems to support this function through the desktop server software via the mic icon at the bottom, however when I click and hold this my voice only echo's back to my desktop speakers and doesn't go to the camera. Does this feature work the way I think it should? Any ideas?

Kenjusticejr

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have the same camera, that's interesting.... will have to look into that.... let me know if you figure it out before I do.

might have to interface it through the browser to achieve what you want to do.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The talk function is not supported by blue iris. I emailed ken about it several months ago. You guys should do the same as the more folks who request the function the quicker it will get implemented. http://blueirissoftware.com/11.html
In the meantime you can use the Hikvision mobile app or the web interface.

technicaldisruption

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it not supported just on this Hikvision camera or all cameras? If it is all camera's what is the purpose of the microphone and talk to camera text at the bottom of the desktop software?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its not supported on any of the hikvision cameras. It does work for some other brands, foscam i believe. Although audio on foscam is awful even when using the browser interface. The folks with the DS-2CD2432F-IW need to ask to that function..