TFTP not progress

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Presumably the wrong firmware for the camera.
What does the camera now look like in SADP after you have power cycled it?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What did you do that was different to make it work?
All you do now is shut down the TFTP server - so it won't try another update - and power cycle the camera. Use SADP to set the IP address to what you need, and connect with the web browser.
Depending on the firmware, you may have to initially access the camera via the web browser to 'activate' it or to set a required new password.

multigamma

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I turned off the TFTP server, I rivviato the camera.
The software SADP not find a camera, it is strange ?????

thanks for your help

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did you change the ip of your machine back to your local network? I forgot :)

multigamma

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes is change 192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0 or 192.0.0.1, but nothing. The camera not detected. Because????

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
next step would be to make sure the camera power cycles.. ir should kick on at boot and make sure network cables and power is good.. beyond that.. it may be time for another tftp flash. I am assuming firmware was correct for camera?

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is odd.
We need some more details.
What type of camera?
What firmware did you install?
What do the lights on the switch or router port show when the camera is powered on? Do they flash after a while?
Does the IR on the camera click on or off when you hold something in front to block the light?

multigamma

n3wb
Reaction score
the cable network are the ones that i used with the software TFTP, then i tried to connect the camera via the POE or a the power supply, anything.....

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera? What does the label on the camera say (build date).
What firmware did you try?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps SADP is not working / properly installed. It requires other software, pcap, and firewall rules, which would be automatically handled by prompts on a normal install.
Has it worked at all?

Suggest:
In the browser: http://192.0.0.64
De-install SADP, and re-install, look out for messages such as ' Do you want to allow ...'

multigamma

n3wb
Reaction score
Perhaps SADP is not working / properly installed. It requires other software, pcap, and firewall rules, which would be automatically handled by prompts on a normal install.
Has it worked at all?

Suggest:
De-install SADP, and re-install, look out for messages such as ' Do you want to allow ...'

I think it's a matter of bios.

With 5.1.6 is NOT successful update, I look about two hours and will read "SYSTEM UPDATE COMPLETED"
With 5.3.0 is successful update, I look will read "SYSTEM UPDATE COMPLETED"

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In your first screenshot, the upgrade was not compatible and the camera is in 'mini system' mode, as shown by firmware version 4.0.8
In the second screenshot, the update appears to be OK, but SADP does not see the camera.
Suggest you try to find the camera in another way, for example:
If connected to your router, in the router admin screens, check for 'connected devices' and see if the camera is in the list.
You might also be able to find the camera using the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net

multigamma

n3wb
Reaction score
In your first screenshot, the upgrade was not compatible and the camera is in 'mini system' mode, as shown by firmware version 4.0.8
In the second screenshot, the update appears to be OK, but SADP does not see the camera.
Suggest you try to find the camera in another way, for example:
If connected to your router, in the router admin screens, check for 'connected devices' and see if the camera is in the list.
You might also be able to find the camera using the Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net

none of the three solutions, cher nerves

multigamma

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed that the LED on the switch, which is connected to the camera does not remain fixed, that turns off and then turns on. The network cables are ok, and the switch also.

If I change the language tools "HIKTOOLS" update via TFTP it is successful, but after the LEDs remain accesses.

While not change the language you experience this problem.