The official "WTF" thread

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a hopped up Ford Galaxie 500. I outran the cops one night doing as the cop said
to my dad and me "I was doing 110 last time I looked down at the speedometer. He
was doing well well in excess of 140". I did get 2 tickets. One for improper equipment.
I had my lights off, it was night. And the biggie, reckless by speeding!
The fine? $5 for the improper and $20 for the reckless. I was grounded from driving for
30 days and that hurt!

The cars of today, put anything we had back then to shame, now with climate control
and 15 speaker stereo setups on a TV screen.

Reaction score
My brother had a Ford Galaxy and I loved it! He also had a Mach I (wasn't fond of it) and thought he could outrun the cops. Oh, he could, but he didn't realize he couldn't out run the radio. One night, a Lubbock PD car pulls up in front of our house and they arrested my brother. Dumb-ass. I haven't a clue as to how fast he was going. I do know that he spent a few days in Jail, as my dad refused to bail him out. Ha, ha, ha. A year and a half later, he really got into trouble with the law and some of his worthless friends. He was given the choice to go to jail or join the Army. Best decision he ever made in his life.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno, I guess it's easy to armchair quarterback but I probably would have emptied my pistol's mag through the windshield as soon as it began moving forward.

5 Years??? Dude should of got Life...for someone to knowingly do this...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
5 Years??? Dude should of got Life...for someone to knowingly do this...
I got to thinking....why would a cop put himself in front of a car he is attempting to stop and with the driver at the wheel?

And to top THAT un-recommended action, he then climbs on the guy's hood and points his pistol at him through the windshield.....I'm thinking I would be standing on firm ground next the driver's side window for 2 reasons: 1) It's a lot safer than standing in front of his car and 2) I can shoot the dude easier.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got to thinking....why would a cop put himself in front of a car he is attempting to stop and with the driver at the wheel?

And to top THAT un-recommended action, he then climbs on the guy's hood and points his pistol at him through the windshield.....I'm thinking I would be standing on firm ground next the driver's side window for 2 reasons: 1) It's a lot safer than standing in front of his car and 2) I can shoot the dude easier.
You know we all make split decisions...I can say if someone tries to steal my car I would probably make the bad decision of jumping on my hood and try to stop them. I know this was an officer and guessing not his car. Agreed, not a good decision by him. Also the Judge, IMO, the guy will only do half that sentence and the rest on Parole

Clark Griswald

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I believe it is a Police Special Forces Maneuver that was taught 1982-1986. It is known as The TJ Hooker Maneuver
Just killing time until Andy's Memorial Day Sale today 17:30 pst

Reaction score
so... we have a great bridge in Pierre. There are signs, flashing lights, and warnings galore, but the GPS units in trucks always makes for a very embarrassing and expensive moment for some "professional" drivers.

...and the bridge ALWAYS wins.

1716662662498.png

EDIT: look at the damage to this trailer. This was yesterday afternoon... and yes-- they had to unload cattle into another trailer...

1716668673408.png

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why you don't trust AI lol

Excerpt:

"I did use Google to make sure that "nontoxic" glue was indeed semisafe to eat."
I would be ashamed to tell anyone that I trusted Google with THAT search after being told by Google to use glue in a pizza. But you just can't fix stupid, I guess. This is refining of the gene pool at its finest, IMO. :lmao:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Excerpt:

"I did use Google to make sure that "nontoxic" glue was indeed semisafe to eat."
I would be ashamed to tell anyone that I trusted Google with THAT search after being told by Google to use glue in a pizza. But you just can't fix stupid, I guess. This is refining of the gene pool at its finest, IMO. :lmao:
Just think of that generation, most can't get out of their neighborhoods without a GPS. Pretty sure a major war will element the majority of the last two generations...maybe it is the 2/3s the Bible talks about...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You lost many classmates due to no fault of their own?
Most all were their fault, but keep in mind they were kids...most just learning how to drive, guys seeing how fast they could drive, unfortunately alcohol and drugs were usually involved. The passengers that died were in the hands of those drivers. I hate to admit but I did alot of stupid crazy things too, donuts were popular, drag racing, etc. I cracked the A-Frame of my Lemans going across some railroad tracks at a high speed, keep in mind, those 70's cars were solid, nothing like these tin cans everyone is driving these days. I remember the look on my father's face, rare that an A-Frame split in half.

Truthfully, I could of easily been a fatality, or my friends...

My brother went off the road and hit a concrete culvert in a ditch with a car full of his friends, it buckled the frame, it was not forgiving, it was a solid hit, his friends had a few broken bones in that wreck. He totaled my parents car...

This is a bad drawing but this is how the frontend of the frame looked. He did say they were airborne at one point.

1716749596780.png

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most all were their fault, but keep in mind they were kids...most just learning how to drive, guys seeing how fast they could drive, unfortunately alcohol and drugs were usually involved. The passengers that died were in the hands of those drivers. I hate to admit but I did alot of stupid crazy things too, donuts were popular, drag racing, etc. I cracked the A-Frame of my Lemans going across some railroad tracks at a high speed, keep in mind, those 70's cars were solid, nothing like these tin cans everyone is driving these days. I remember the look on my father's face, rare that an A-Frame split in half.

Truthfully, I could of easily been a fatality, or my friends...

My brother went off the road and hit a concrete culvert in a ditch with a car full of his friends, it buckled the frame, it was not forgiving, it was a solid hit, his friends had a few broken bones in that wreck. He totaled my parents car...

This is a bad drawing but this is how the frontend of the frame looked. He did say they were airborne at one point.

View attachment 195227
Fast and furious seems to have inspired the next generation. Seeing young men collecting donations for funerals on the street corners at times .. iirc last one was a motorcycle fast and furious player