The official "WTF" thread

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did not want to hit this rabbit at 5am this morning. Took a pic and noticed it was not moving.
1693613646598.png

Now I know why...:wtf: Leaves? LOL
1693613877036.png

Think I am losing it, our new home is Very Dark at night, another morning I was letting out our dog and thought I saw an animal, deer? staring back at us, later to discover it was just a milk weed. LOL
1693614650946.png

Once it got lighter, found my animal :banghead:
1693614888053.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am in hot water. Had a tree crew trim some trees today, well the nest high in a post oak ended up being a live squirrels nest. When the crew left I heard what sounded like a bird but ended up being a baby squirrel which we found on the ground next to branches. We ended up finding 2 more, three total. We found the nest, put it in a box with the squirrels, which we picked up with rubber gloves. They are very young, eyes are not even opened yet. We got in touch with a vet, he said place the box up high by the tree the nest was in so the mother can find them and no ground animals can get to them. We have not seen any owls so hopefully they will be ok and the mother will find them and relocate them.

Wife is pretty upset...hopefully they will be gone in the morning...

1693707676198.png1693707857180.png

Last edited:

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am in hot water. Had a tree crew trim some trees today, well the nest high in a post oak ended up being a live squirrels nest. When the crew left I heard what sounded like a bird but ended up being a baby squirrel which we found on the ground next to branches. We ended up finding 2 more, three total. We found the nest, put it in a box with the squirrels, which we picked up with rubber gloves. They are very young, eyes are not even opened yet. We got in touch with a vet, he said place the box up high by the tree the nest was in so the mother can find them and no ground animals can get to them. We have not seen any owls so hopefully they will be ok and the mother will find them and relocate them.

Wife is pretty upset...hopefully they will be gone in the morning...
It wasn't your fault, the wife will get over it. In the last 6 months I have had rabbits build nests on three different occasions and birth baby rabbits in my backyard, averaging 3-4 babies each time. Unfortunately for them I have two small dogs that go outside occasionally to do their business. They found the rabbit nest every time and I've had to bag up about a dozen dead baby rabbits. Sad, but what can you do.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It wasn't your fault, the wife will get over it. In the last 6 months I have had rabbits build nests on three different occasions and birth baby rabbits in my backyard, averaging 3-4 babies each time. Unfortunately for them I have two small dogs that go outside occasionally to do their business. They found the rabbit nest every time and I've had to bag up about a dozen dead baby rabbits. Sad, but what can you do.
Yes she will and 3 years from now she will remind me, that is if they do not survive. If they do I get to remind her, LOL
Between us, kind a wish I found them dead, would make things a lot easier for me...now if she found them before me, the water would be a lot hotter.

So they were still in the box this morning. They were sleeping and so far none are hollering to be fed. We have seen the momma this morning, it ran up what is left of the tree, wife just told me the momma is now on the ground by the branches searching, I moved the box to the bottom of the tree.

1693747976682.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes she will and 3 years from now she will remind me, that is if they do not survive. If they do I get to remind her, LOL
Between us, kind a wish I found them dead, would make things a lot easier for me...now if she found them before me, the water would be a lot hotter.

So they were still in the box this morning. They were sleeping and so far none are hollering to be fed. We have seen the momma this morning, it ran up what is left of the tree, wife just told me the momma is now on the ground by the branches searching, I moved the box to the bottom of the tree.

View attachment 171458
I commend you for at least trying! We can only do our best....:)

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 171458
This is what I've been having to bag up lately. These rabbits picked the wrong yard to have babies! I think my dogs thought they were a play toy.

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I am out of the hot water, for now ;) We got back this afternoon to find the baby squirrels gone. You can tell by the nesting that the momma was in there, it was all matted down, and no blood so no other critter got them, well that is our conclusion and the wife, grandson, daughter are now all happy...

Oh we went to the Tracker Supply and bought cat milk to feed them, lol, that was a loss but the out come was good.

Last edited:

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I am out of the hot water, for now ;) We got back this afternoon to find the baby squirrels gone. You can tell by the nesting that the momma was in there, it was all matted down, and no blood so no other critter got them, well that is our conclusion and the wife, grandson, daughter are now all happy...

Oh we went to the Trailer Supply and bought cat milk to feed them, lol, that was a loss but the out come was good.
OK, so that's the official story for the family to keep you out of trouble. What really happened? lol;)

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Honey, stop using my hair brush, LOL or Honey, I found one of your hairs in my tooth brush again, I ended up weaving a basket with it, LOL