The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just the friendly neighborhood Nextdoor app. Would love to leave the site, but the comic relief is just too good. Some of the comments people post really make me concerned for our society LOL.
You mean to tell me they don't have a normal website, I have to use an app for my IPhone? I don't watch anything on my Iphone.....I use it as a....(gasp).....phone, not a computer monitor........I have two 27" monitors attached to my MAC, so I can actually see what I am looking at.........getting old is a bitch.......:confused:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You mean to tell me they don't have a normal website, I have to use an app for my IPhone? I don't watch anything on my Iphone.....I use it as a....(gasp).....phone, not a computer monitor........I have two 27" monitors attached to my MAC, so I can actually see what I am looking at.........getting old is a bitch.......:confused:
Oh yeah, you are right LOL - I don't use the app and do not have it on my phone - it is a website that shows one post and 4 ads - total annoying LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This car came speeding thru their neighborhood and missed the curve and slammed into the house and then managed to drive away, causing structural damage to the house.

Can anyone ID this car?

1665287517386.png

1665287551557.png

And the car literally stops in front of the camera after backing out of the house.

1665287711558.png

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
A guy comes in at 1:30am to steal a recently planted tree and was captured on a Ring floodlight camera.

In addition to the blur, the camera is too high and gets top of hoodie, and shows the importance of a camera looking each way.

View attachment 141196
One wouldn't think there would be a black market for young saplings.....Do pawn shops take trees now? If so, damn, I am rich!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One wouldn't think there would be a black market for young saplings.....Do pawn shops take trees now? If so, damn, I am rich!!
It has got pretty bad - I have seen several stories in the news about it - inflation has jacked up prices of stuff and people are getting sapling and hanging plants stolen all the time and then these people resell them on ebay or a local flea market. He was someone stealing ferns I posted earlier in this thread

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has got pretty bad - I have seen several stories in the news about it - inflation has jacked up prices of stuff and people are getting sapling and hanging plants stolen all the time and then these people resell them on ebay or a local flea market. He was someone stealing ferns I posted earlier in this thread
The weather's too cool now to do it but I think maybe next spring making a few hanging baskets with Poison Oak but labelled "Redneck Wandering Jew" would be entertaining! :lmao:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
The weather's too cool now to do it but I think maybe next spring making a few hanging baskets with Poison Oak but labelled "Redneck Wandering Jew" would be entertaining! :lmao:
I get so many good ideas from this site.......now, if I only lived in some city area where the crime rate is higher than zero......I could have some fun.....:thumb:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another day time thief and another poor quality video. This was from a car repair place. Guy broke into every car on the lot parked for service. Then to add insult to injury, he hit several of the cars as he was leaving.

1665360503595.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These kids came thru a neighborhood and stole everyone's pumpkins (estimated at 50) - literally put them in their car and then threw them at mailboxes in the next subdivision over:

View attachment 141983

View attachment 141984

Edit: Someone posted the damage to their mailbox.

View attachment 142179
More pics making their Way to NextDoor from this incident. This time it is the SimpliSafe cam. Better than the previous home, but with that much light it should be better (but certainly someone that knows them would recognize them from this video):

1665451032676.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Door checker caught on a Ring Spotlight cam. This points out several issues:

• The spotlight as part of the camera has caused serious exposure issues, in part because of it allowing so much of the field of view to be the soffit and the light reflecting off of it.
  • Quality is a bit blurry because wifi couldn't keep up.
  • This 2.8mm wide-angle see the whole front yard means that the image is useless to IDENTIFY at what can't be more than 10 feet from the camera.

1666201789658.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While no video was captured, this post on Nextdoor shows why wifi/motion activated cams is bad:

"UPS package ripped open
Got UPS delivery today at 12:30pm. I'm home but the doorbell cam did not catch drop off. Did not show anyone on porch but package was ripped open and stuff gone."

That is the problem with motion activated is that it may miss it. Most consumer grade wifi cams cannot record 24/7.

Further, many of these are set to only record if the button is pushed OR you pay for the subscription to get recordings of motion.

It is foolish to rely or think one doorbell cam is the answer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Security footage of person stealing 14-foot skeleton from Northwest Austin neighborhood

Youtube

Just a tad of motion blur :wtf:
Yeah, just a little bit OMFG. Was it Wonder Woman in her invisible Suburban LOL

Another example of a Ring wifi camera not able to keep up with the bandwidth requirements with motion.

And it is the typical wide angle that provides no IDENTIFY image.

Now granted since it was daylight, this would be enough to RECOGNIZE the person if someone knows her and snitches.

1666312398123.png

1666312427772.png

1666312549280.png

Last edited: