The Typical picture of a Perp on Nextdoor-type Apps with Consumer Grade Cameras like Ring, Nest, Arlo, Canary, Wyze, etc.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The average intelligence of the Next Door Posters is alarming. To my surprise and horror, The level of immaturity of the comments and replies makes the Nextdoor App annoying to even visit.
But for you guys I'll suffer through and hopefully find something usefull. maybe a UFO caught on Ring.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
My neighbor across the street just had a camera installed over his driveway that was included as part of his security system. I need to have him send me a screenshot at night. I will be curious to see how my house looks from his POV with all of my IR illuminators. :lmao:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My neighbor across the street just had a camera installed over his driveway that was included as part of his security system. I need to have him send me a screenshot at night. I will be curious to see how my house looks from his POV with all of my IR illuminators. :lmao:
Add a comparison of yours to his! And try to get it with motion as he is probably pleased with the static image he gets LOL

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Add a comparison of yours to his! And try to get it with motion as he is probably pleased with the static image he gets LOL
He wasn't in the market for it. He was having some door sensor issues and they asked him if he wanted one. He asked me where I would put it and I said for what it is, I would put it over the driveway so he can watch the kids playing out there during the day.

I'll see if I can find out what system he has and get some comparison shots.

Reaction score
On my morning walks I have been looking for cams on folk's houses. It is interesting to see how few there are here. See an occasional Nest/Ring/Arlo on soffits or at garage door. One was kind of high up over a window pointing to the street. Not sure what he is monitoring there. Not seen any Dahua or Hik cams at all.

Lots of doorbell cams though. Walking up the street I kept hearing "video is recording" every few seconds. As I came up to this one house there was a woman repotting a plant on the porch. Her movement kept triggering the doorbell cam. I had to laugh.

Guy down the street was walking by one day as I was sitting on the front porch and he asked me about 'all of the cams on my house'. We had a good conversation and he stated he had Arlos. I asked him about one of the door checker incidents if he got good video of the guys. He said no the cam was not working. It seems it is battery powered and you have to recharge it every few months. But he needs to use a ladder to get to it since the security company he paid to install it put it so high up on his house. So he never recharged it since the first time it was installed.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
On my morning walks I have been looking for cams on folk's houses. It is interesting to see how few there are here. See an occasional Nest/Ring/Arlo on soffits or at garage door. One was kind of high up over a window pointing to the street. Not sure what he is monitoring there. Not seen any Dahua or Hik cams at all.

Lots of doorbell cams though. Walking up the street I kept hearing "video is recording" every few seconds. As I came up to this one house there was a woman repotting a plant on the porch. Her movement kept triggering the doorbell cam. I had to laugh.

Guy down the street was walking by one day as I was sitting on the front porch and he asked me about 'all of the cams on my house'. We had a good conversation and he stated he had Arlos. I asked him about one of the door checker incidents if he got good video of the guys. He said no the cam was not working. It seems it is battery powered and you have to recharge it every few months. But he needs to use a ladder to get to it since the security company he paid to install it put it so high up on his house. So he never recharged it since the first time it was installed.
My neighborhood is the same way. Lots of doorbells, mostly Ring, with a small smattering of Nest/Arlo/Ring cameras. Most of them are just installed over driveways and likely would not be usable for much. A neighbor posted a video the other day of a car that needed to slow down. It was a Wyze cam on the inside of their front window, pointing out.

I would also be curious to see how many of the houses with doorbells actually pay to keep the footage in the cloud and how many only have real time/live view.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The average intelligence of the Next Door Posters is alarming. To my surprise and horror, The level of immaturity of the comments and replies makes the Nextdoor App annoying to even visit.
But for you guys I'll suffer through and hopefully find something usefull. maybe a UFO caught on Ring.
Yeah, I tried being on Nextdoor, but the rampant stupidity finally did me in, that and the hundreds of "I lost my Cat" posts.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I tried being on Nextdoor, but the rampant stupidity finally did me in, that and the hundreds of "I lost my Cat" posts.
Funny! I deleted my account because so many posts were about babysitters, people wanting to get rid of their six puppies, and "I lost my Dog" posts. LOL

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Busy night. Here is another Ring wifi camera that caught a package thief.

Notice here the pixelated blur because the wifi cannot keep up with the "rated" resolution of the camera once there is motion in the image:

1671296339811.png

Now notice the camera is kinda blinded thanks to a motion activated flood light:

1671296429669.png

Here the perp looks right at the camera. Can you make out any features?

1671296484880.png

We finally get the camera in its rated resolution thanks to the perp stopping long enough to read the label to see if he can figure out what is in the box:

1671296584176.png

MrBurnsCo

n3wb
Reaction score
Posted by Riverside County Sheriff's department about an armed (with rifle) catalytic converter theft in Eastvale, CA. No way to recognize or identify with this quality of camera. Sheriff's dept provides tip to public in the post, "Install motion sensitive cameras with lights in your parking area"
Link to their page with this posting: Riverside County Sheriff's Department
320646963_855373985792916_6638332316322784930_n.jpg
320693532_1158920534765618_7434384199890666821_n.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Posted by Riverside County Sheriff's department about an armed (with rifle) catalytic converter theft in Eastvale, CA. No way to recognize or identify with this quality of camera. Sheriff's dept provides tip to public in the post, "Install motion sensitive cameras with lights in your parking area"
Link to their page with this posting: Riverside County Sheriff's Department
View attachment 148663
View attachment 148664
Welcome @MrBurnsCo

Good first post, looking forward to more

1671481745369.png

3 clear failures on image capture for ID purposes ..

1671481793682.png
1671481809202.png
1671481825961.png

comments of interest:

1671482015844.png

1671482049426.png

Last edited: