They just tried to assassinate Trump

Rob2020

Known around here
Reaction score
Secret Service whistleblower makes stunning claim about director who replaced Kimberly Cheatle and says agents warned of problems for MONTHS before Trump's assassination attempt

A Republican senator has received 'disturbing information' on Donald Trump's near assassination from a whistleblower alleging a major protocol was broken before the Butler, Pennsylvania, rally.

The latest allegation, from an anonymous whistleblower, contends that the Secret Service's Counter Surveillance Division (CSD) - the unit tasked with evaluating event sites in advance - was not present at the deadly rally and never performed a 'typical evaluation' before the event.

The anonymous whistleblower's complaint is one of several filed to Missouri Republican Sen. Josh Hawley in recent weeks.

clofan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
LMAO Y'all are unhinged, good stuff. I do appreciate the links to updates and discussion but sometimes you need to take off the tinfoil and touch grass. There is no deep state, there is only incompetence, and it is plentiful.

This thread does make me want to go find the Vegas shooter thread here. You want to talk about conspiracy, that was such a wild event with so many inconsistencies and immediately memory-holed.

The video of dude running on the rooftop and 'dying' at the end? That is so very clearly video artifacting/compression, I would have though a bunch of camera nerds would recognize that immediately!

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Former Sniper Rep. Cory Mills to Conduct “Parallel Independent Investigation”
Into Trump Assassination Attempt in Response to Johnson’s ‘Task Force’

GOP Congressman Cory Mills on Monday said he will be conducting a “parallel independent investigation” into the attempted assassination against President Trump after Speaker Johnson assembled a disappointing task force to probe the Butler shooting. The Florida lawmaker and former sniper said expressed his disappointment in Johnson’s Trump Assassination Attempt Task Force.
Notably missing from the task force are two veterans who happened to be snipers: Eli Crane and Cory Mills. “It’s very unfortunate but not surprising for anyone familiar with how DC works. I’m not a politician, leadership, or a ‘yes man,’” Mills said in a statement on X on Monday. “I wish the members of Speaker Johnson’s Task Force well, and think it’s time for a parallel independent investigation with subject matter experts (SME) and the whistleblowers who’ve already come forward that myself and Rep. Eli Crane and Benny Johnson have spoken with,” Mills said. “I will be speaking with other members, and although I won’t have subpoena powers, I will personally fund whatever is required for additional staff to further investigation and expose the truth.”
Speaker Johnson earlier Monday announced a Trump Assassination Attempt Task Force with seven Republicans:

• Mike Kelly
• Mark Green
• RINO Dave Joyce
• Laurel Lee
• Michael Waltz
• Clay Higgins
• Pat Fallon
This is a relatively old post but I figured some would find this interesting. One of the guys on the task force, Clay Higgins, used to be a sheriff in Louisiana. He earned a reputation as a no-nonsense guy. Here are some of his entertaining crimestopper videos.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not really, Director Pepsi Fritos admitted they didn't record the radio chatter and didn't have it to review. (or so I remember)
This is correct, they (USSS) do not have audio from the event and acting director tool said they plan to address that issue in the future. :lmao:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Agreed. It's not that hard to get a still image of something super fast. But for video, I would think one would need to have something better than the run of the mill video camera to show a bullet traveling through air.
Here's a really good explanation for this:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
PHD in cameras? Piled Higher and Deeper. IIRC it's 24 frames for for TV, movies and the like.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Also he takes pictures with an Instamatic and takes the film to Fotomat..

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Edit: Info below is for a different video, the one seeming to show the bullet that hit Trump's ear.

Shutter speed used for the bullet photo is claimed to be 1/8,000.

“If the gunman was firing an AR-15-style rifle, the .223-caliber or 5.56-millimeter bullets they use travel at roughly 3,200 feet per second when they leave the weapon’s muzzle,’’ Mr. Harrigan said. “And with a 1/8,000th of a second shutter speed, this would allow the bullet to travel approximately four-tenths of a foot while the shutter is open.”
Photo Appears to Capture Path of Bullet Used in Assassination Attempt

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Below are 8 consecutive frame from the video referenced in post 916. That video is playing at 30fps. Most digital devices that record video do so at 30 or 60 fps. It's actually 29.97 and 59.94 but I believe the error from rounding up won't matter. That means 7/30 of a second has elapsed between the first image and the last image.

A subsonic CCI 22 Suppressor 22 LR 45 Grain round travels at about 970 fps. If it's recorded on video at 30 fps, that bullet would travel 32-1/3 feet per frame. In the 8th frame, 7/30 of a second later, the bullet would have traveled 226-1/3 feet.

Looking at the screenshots from the video, the thing moving inthe video has moved from the front of the podium to next to Trump in the 7 frames. Let's make some assumptions and error on the side of allowing the best chance this is something more than a bug. Let's assume the distance the thing travels measured perpendicular to the camera is 5 feet. I think it's less than that but I'm ok with over estimating. Let's also assume the thing is traveling at 45 degrees relative to the camera. With math, the bullet would need to 7.07 feet to look like it traveled that 5 perpendicular feet. Something traveling 7.07 feet in 7/30 seconds has a velocity of about 30.3 fps. The slowest "firearm" I could find in terms of fps was a spring powered airsoft pistol (linked to at the bottom of the post) that shot 6mm plastic bb's at 110 fps, or 3 times as fast as the thing in the video. And that's after multiple assumptions were made in favor of the thing in the video traveling as fast as possible.

But I don't have a phd in cameras so who knows.

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.03.36 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.03.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.03.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.04.04 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.04.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.04.21 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.04.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 12.04.37 PM.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.