tinyCam Monitor for Android and Blue Iris support

Plasman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is a "feature" of BI.
So are you recommending that I used TinyCam Pro from my phone when I want to see live thumbnails of all my cameras with the ability to select a single live camera with the best image quality I can expect out of BI server?

And...Would I then use the BI's Andoid app when I want to review stored motion generated clips in BI server?

Forgive the newbieness - I'm trying to see how to get the most out of my new system when I'm on the road.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. Does the webserver bitrate have any relationship to the in-camera bitrate that I set in each cameras firmware utility? BTW, is 4096 a good compromise setting for in-camera bitrate or should I choose 8192? I currently have in-camera fps set to 20fps and the i-frame set a 40 (I seemed to need a setting of 40 to prevent image focus cycling every second when set to 20). Am I in the right ballpark here?
They are not related..the weserver bitrate is the bitrate blue iris transmits to the mobile app or remote webpage...2048 in the webserver will give you a good image.
4096 is fine for the in camera bitrate most camera applications..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So are you recommending that I used TinyCam Pro from my phone when I want to see live thumbnails of all my cameras with the ability to select a single live camera with the best image quality I can expect out of BI server?

And...Would I then use the BI's Andoid app when I want to review stored motion generated clips in BI server?

Forgive the newbieness - I'm trying to see how to get the most out of my new system when I'm on the road.
While tinycam is a good app, if you have blue iris, then the blue iris mobile app is much better.

Reaction score
Old thread but I could use some help. Can anyone walk me step by step setting up BI on tinycampro. I want to use tinycampro to view BI externally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Old thread but I could use some help. Can anyone walk me step by step setting up BI on tinycampro. I want to use tinycampro to view BI externally.
Use the blue iris mobile app...it will allow you to review recorded video as well as many other functions...

Reaction score
Has the UI on the BI mobile app improved? It's been three years since I used it. The UI was rough back then.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has the UI on the BI mobile app improved? It's been three years since I used it. The UI was rough back then.
The UI is fine - dont sacrifice function over form...whats the point of remote viewing if you cant even see what triggered the event?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've not used the Tinycam app...The BI app works great...What would be the possible need to use This with BI instead of the BI app?...Does it have some additional features or work better?

The BI app has almost everything I think you would need on it.
I wish I could do reverse play at various speeds like I can on the desktop program and it does just randomly close out on me for no reason while using it, but other than that its great.

stansoltz

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to go with TinyCam on an older Samsung Tab 3 8" tablet... it was stuck on Android KitKat which was not pretty compared to my other devices so I upgraded it "Marshmallow 6.0" via CyanogenMod 13.1 ROM (which is great) but BlueIris app wouldn't load the camera streams... BI widget worked but not the actual app. rather than downgrade this tablet, i just gave Tiny cam a try. BI app is still better IMHO.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I looked upCyanogenmod and it appears to no longer be an active product.
What can I use to update a device , (large Visio tablet product in the kithcen) that is no longer being offered updates?

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought tiny cam, and it worked perfect, until last weeks update. Then it started freezing up my phone... left a 2 out of 5 stars and the reason why, 2 days later they sent me an email addressing the issue and fixing it which i think is awesome. I'll be buying the blue iris app anyways to replace it... they are both so cheap, who cares... if one starts having issues, ill have a backup program.

stansoltz

n3wb
Reaction score
OH WOW. Cyanogenmod is no more?! News to me. Dang. Maybe u can still find archived OS files is u search "xda cyanogenmod. "

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to go with TinyCam on an older Samsung Tab 3 8" tablet... it was stuck on Android KitKat which was not pretty compared to my other devices so I upgraded it "Marshmallow 6.0" via CyanogenMod 13.1 ROM (which is great) but BlueIris app wouldn't load the camera streams... BI widget worked but not the actual app. rather than downgrade this tablet, i just gave Tiny cam a try. BI app is still better IMHO.
This is why I started to only buy google nexus/pixel devices...much longer upgrade support and I get security updates immediately...this custom lock down nonsense that manufactures are doing has got to stop..its a huge security vulnerability and holds devices back.

ChrisDav

n3wb
Reaction score
On Tinycam, does the app pull the jpeg / stream for all cameras loaded in? So if i have 3 cameras on one page, and another 3 on a second page, does it continuously load all 6 cameras? Or just the 3 on the page i'm viewing?

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On Tinycam, does the app pull the jpeg / stream for all cameras loaded in? So if i have 3 cameras on one page, and another 3 on a second page, does it continuously load all 6 cameras? Or just the 3 on the page i'm viewing?
Just the three being viewed.

Maniaxx

n3wb
Reaction score
@alexvas:
Can you add a 1x1 widget button to activate the floating window? And maybe some more options for it like (optional) fixed start size/position, aspect ratio and invisible 'close' button?
I personally would like to spawn a (best possible) integer resolution (352x198), 16:9 from 704x576 source (Hikvision sub-stream) floating window.

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does this still work with the latest version of BI?
I tried everything posted above with the Software decode and the advanced setting different channels.
The Blue Iris web view does work on the PC.