tinyCam Monitor for Android and Blue Iris support

danbutter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok to answer my own question it does work just fine as described above.
I tried another device and it worked fine. The first device I tried was too old to do software decoding I guess.

Reaction score
Okay, got it. Is there any rhyme or reason as to which camera is associated with each channel? They appear to follow the order they are shown in a multi-camera view (ie my 3x3 grid) starting from top left and moving left to right until the end of that line then moving down to the next line. However, without some name associated with the channel, it's sort of hit and miss as to what one I need to choose.
Yea, as soon as I rearrange the window view in BI, all of my camera names in Tinycam rearrange incorrectly. Annoying.

heytim

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up tinycam with wyzecam on on older Samsung Galaxy tab 3. Tinycam keeps freezing then crashes when trying to display the wyzecam cameras. Other random online cameras work fine.

Any suggestions? Tried enabling/disabling hardware decoder to no avail. Tinycam setup works fine on other devices. Thanks in advance

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am confused. What is the point of setting up Blue Iris through TinyCam vs just using TinyCam to connect directly to the camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am confused. What is the point of setting up Blue Iris through TinyCam vs just using TinyCam to connect directly to the camera?
Unless you set up multicast, cameras are limited to the number of devices that can stream to before they start choking.

ndstate

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Personal preference and depending on how tightly you have your network locked down. IE: only connection available is to BI.
Ah ok, thanks. That makes sense.

Unless you set up multicast, cameras are limited to the number of devices that can stream to before they start choking.
Good info. I only have the cameras streaming to BI and TinyCam from time-to-time, no issues. But I suppose I can play around with all of this. Thanks

Reaction score
I added my cams directly to TC, and through BI to test. They seem to load much quicker directly, with less disconnects.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just go to Camera Settings - Advanced Settings and change Channel to 2 for example.

You need to configure every channel for BI manually. The easiest way is just press Copy in Manage Cameras window. Then change channel.

View attachment 6420
OK so I have 4 cameras on my Blue Iris I setup tiny cam pro, put in channel 1 channel 2, Tiny cam pro shows the 1st Channel one is a Screen of all 4 cameras, then channel 2 is Rotation of the 4 cameras. so its not just showing channel 1 channel 2 respectively, although this is pretty neat how do I control?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK so I have 4 cameras on my Blue Iris I setup tiny cam pro, put in channel 1 channel 2, Tiny cam pro shows the 1st Channel one is a Screen of all 4 cameras, then channel 2 is Rotation of the 4 cameras. so its not just showing channel 1 channel 2 respectively, although this is pretty neat how do I control?
While you are in the setup screen camera, click on the "ok" button at the top right corner. It will list the cams you have and there associated channel.

Dudleydogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I See the Pattern now, the first channel is "All Cameras" the Second channel is "Rotation all Cameras" then from there is your Groups 1, 2, 3 then it shows single feeds. very neat just took moment to figure out the pattern.
It mimics what ever you see on the http web.