[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I agree with @pbc after adjusting the confidence levels in AI Tool, as well as adding masks, my false alerts are less than 4-5 per week. This AI solution, once configured properly is more accurate than Sentry IMO. The newer version of BI allows you to flag alerts, which just need to be added to the camera trigger URL in AI Tool. I have experienced the same issues as @pbc with the trigger in BI being delayed. I usually saw this during times were a lot of alerts were triggered and my CPU was maxed out. To combat this I moved Deepstack to it's own server. I also have AI tool send me a Telegram notification in addition to triggering the cameras in BI.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with @pbc after adjusting the confidence levels in AI Tool, as well as adding masks, my false alerts are less than 4-5 per week. This AI solution, once configured properly is more accurate than Sentry IMO. The newer version of BI allows you to flag alerts, which just need to be added to the camera trigger URL in AI Tool. I have experienced the same issues as @pbc with the trigger in BI being delayed. I usually saw this during times were a lot of alerts were triggered and my CPU was maxed out. To combat this I moved Deepstack to it's own server. I also have AI tool send me a Telegram notification in addition to triggering the cameras in BI.
Can you elaborate on flagging alerts and adding to url please

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on flagging alerts and adding to url please
Sure, here is the URL to put AI Tool. Note that you need to be running newer than version 5.2.7.12 n BI and version 1.67 Preview 3 in AI Tool (I believe). This will flag the alert as well as input what object was detected when looking at alerts from the BI console.

IP/admin?camera=CAM SHORT NAME&flagalert=1&trigger&memo=[summary]&user=username&pw=password

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks interesting, look forward to trying it out.

My CPU isn't remotely maxed out, runs around 15% and maybe hits 20% with load when I have OpenALPR running, so it's not that.

I can't figure out why it only seems to happen on one of the two cameras either since both are set identically.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Huge learning curve, but it's worth it and the forum members here have been great as long as you're willing to do some legwork yourself!
Nice awe yea! Learning curve indeed. I think I got it going pretty well I used my computer to view my dad's camera at his house got everything running. Should be even better once I set mine up all locally. How come you don't do like the video from "The hook up" record 24/7 at low stream. Only when an alert is trigger you record at full MP of your camera you won't miss anything that way or is it how your have it? Just use the Ai tool as a time stamp.

What im stuck on is getting the camera to trigger once from the Ai tool how do you adjust how long to record the clip far? I was getting the Ai to trigger but it's like it wasnt sending the URL trigger to the camera. I know the camera URL is correct cause I tested in my web browser and it does trigger the camera. For some strange reason not from the Ai tool.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nice awe yea! Learning curve indeed. I think I got it going pretty well I used my computer to view my dad's camera at his house got everything running. Should be even better once I set mine up all locally. How come you don't do like the video from "The hook up" record 24/7 at low stream. Only when an alert is trigger you record at full MP of your camera you won't miss anything that way or is it how your have it? Just use the Ai tool as a time stamp.

What im stuck on is getting the camera to trigger once from the Ai tool how do you adjust how long to record the clip far? I was getting the Ai to trigger but it's like it wasnt sending the URL trigger to the camera. I know the camera URL is correct cause I tested in my web browser and it does trigger the camera. For some strange reason not from the Ai tool.
The break time is what determines how long the event is recorded once triggered. For the URL/AI Tool issue, make sure that you disable use session keys for login page under the advanced settings in the web server tab of BI. If this is enabled AI Tool (as well as other applications sending the URL to BI) won't work.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Sure, here is the URL to put AI Tool. Note that you need to be running newer than version 5.2.7.12 n BI and version 1.67 Preview 3 in AI Tool (I believe). This will flag the alert as well as input what object was detected when looking at alerts from the BI console.

IP/admin?camera=CAM SHORT NAME&flagalert=1&trigger&memo=[summary]&user=username&pw=password
I'm running 1.65 ai tool
If upgrade to 1.67 do I have to reconfigure all the cameras or will they carry over?

Do you have any screen shots of what the flag alerts look like?
Thank you

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm running 1.65 ai tool
If upgrade to 1.67 do I have to reconfigure all the cameras or will they carry over?
If you extract the contents of AI Tool and copy it into the directory where AI Tool resides (don't copy the cameras folder) your cameras settings will stay.
Do you have any screen shots of what the flag alerts look like?
Thank you
Unfortunately I don't because I had to roll back to an older version of BI due to bugs in the new release. The version that I am running now doesn't include the new memo feature.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
If you extract the contents of AI Tool and copy it into the directory where AI Tool resides (don't copy the cameras folder) your cameras settings will stay.

Unfortunately I don't because I had to roll back to an older version of BI due to bugs in the new release. The version that I am running now doesn't include the new memo feature.
Ok thanks ill wait for bi more stable version but sounds good

I have it working so well now I'm affraid to screw it up

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The break time is what determines how long the event is recorded once triggered. For the URL/AI Tool issue, make sure that you disable use session keys for login page under the advanced settings in the web server tab of BI. If this is enabled AI Tool (as well as other applications sending the URL to BI) won't work.
Well I'll have to check that out sir thank you for saving me the head ache.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you setting the break time on the main camera or the cloned camera? This should be set on the main camera since it is recoding when triggered by AI Tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you setting the break time on the main camera or the cloned camera? This should be set on the main camera since it is recoding when triggered by AI Tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main camera. For some strange reason I'm not getting any snap shots are video in blue iris very odd. I'm getting my snap shots on my ai folder and Ai tool is getting them. When I go to view recordings or ai snap in blue iris nothing is there.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it working now for the recording clips to show up in bI it was Mobotix Mx peg stopping it from recording. Very strange. Crazy not surprised though with Mobotix. JPEG_20200708_214011_7246074960634814908.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't recall...right now I'm only getting video clips on my BlueIris app when there is an alert triggered. I thought I used to get snapshots as well vs having to review a video?

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you used telegram? And the BI web interface? I hear viewing play back video is nice through there. I can't log into mine for some reason.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No idea what Telegram even is, so have never used it.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here check it out Telegram – a new era of messaging
I see the Ai tool has a build in setting to send alerts to it. I started to set it up. You can set up your own two way bot to communicate back and forth with the Ai tool to send you short videos when alerts of detected. I think it may be a little quicker than the app(Bi) I notice my app(Bi) is delayed sometimes .

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmmm...so today there is a friend's car parked in my driveway. Trigger has been going off like crazy. Didn't think of this "issue", but there's been bugs of some sort flying by the camera, causing a motion trigger, then when AI Tool looks at it, it sees the car there and triggers an alert. How are folks combating that? Adjusting the min duration time?

1594317911406.png
1594317948731.png