[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also make sure "Use secure session keys and login page is unchecked.
2020-08-27 08_38_28-Blue Iris.png

warbux

n3wb
Reaction score
i had some issues with BI on port 80,, so I use port 81 for blue iris and 82 for deep stack.. however i run windowed version, i have to ensure to enter 82 every time i start it.. not sure for the docker, however I would make sure its reachable at localhost.. you can always try the local ipaddress

Thius is my url
&pw=
Thanks for the reply.

So when you copy and paste your trigger url into the browser what happens? I just get an access denied window in the browser and do not see anything flagged in BI

warbux

n3wb
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhh interesting. using localhost does not seem to work but when I use the IP 10.99.10.85 it gives me that screen. Now I just need to test to see if it will flag on detection. So do you have your dads setup to record 24x7 or just on alerts? I am trying to decide if its worth storing 24x7 video on the SAN.

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well.. because he can affoard it!! lol yea, we have 6 12tb WD purples.. ( i personally have 1, lol, I still record, but in 2k and i get about a weeks worth of history) he was 21 days.. so with 4k cameras we needed to have plenty of storage.. but yes..

we both record 24/7 just in the event.. AI or BI misses something, but we know something happened... we can rewind... kinda like a lighting storm... lighting strike might not trigger something in back ground, but its fun to watch, lol

warbux

n3wb
Reaction score
well.. because he can affoard it!! lol yea, we have 6 12tb WD purples.. ( i personally have 1, lol, I still record, but in 2k and i get about a weeks worth of history) he was 21 days.. so with 4k cameras we needed to have plenty of storage.. but yes..

we both record 24/7 just in the event.. AI or BI misses something, but we know something happened... we can rewind... kinda like a lighting storm... lighting strike might not trigger something in back ground, but its fun to watch, lol
Interesting... What kind of life do you get from those drives when you are always recording and deleting like that?

BI is still not flagging anything the AI alerts on and I am not sure why. It just gives me the motion alerts (most are false positives) like it would without any AI integration. Ideally, I would only like to see AI alerts but if that is not possible I would at least like to see AI flag events in BI

Attachments

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK.. Well I am at an impass...

Either the options are as follows

1: Blue Iris Alerts are counted and display in the alerts page of the app with numbers showing how many alerts.. Click on Flagged to see AI Detected alerts
2: BLue Iris Alerts are ignored and only alerts triggered by AI are shown on the alerts page, no flagged alerts.. and we are in the same boat as without AI in terms all alerts are shown by camera,, which get confusing due to cameras not being organized based off time alerts..
being able to select flagged alerts gives us alerts by time, and not by camera.. <<--- the whole point of what im trying to eliminate for my folks, but at the same time retain the number of AI alerts.. sigh...
3: bang head against wall

warbux

n3wb
Reaction score
Everytime I reboot Blue Iris tries to bind to the Dockers WSL adapter instead of the main adapter. In fact, I have to kill the blue iris service completely before it even sees the main network adapter. Does anyone have any ideas how to prevent this?

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I personally just did not use the Docker for AI Tools.. but that because I access the server regularly and daily,, in the event of a shutdown/reboot i have remote access to restart any software if needed... beside BI which runs as a service and starts recording instantly.

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I put up the USA flag this morning, in view of my camera, and when it started getting windy a few hours ago, I started getting alerts. I don't have remote access to my machine so I can't fix it now, but will ask now anyway: how do I prevent the waving flag from triggering recordings / alerts? Do I have to do the strange AI Tools mask thing? Or mask it in BI?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes.

It's actually quite easy- I didn't know how to do it till a few days ago and I couldn't find a good write up so with a bit of experimenting I found this worked..

Others may know of a much better and easier way. I think you can miss out the github bit and do it all in VS2019

Download Github desktop and set up an account and download the repository to your computer.
Download Visual Studio 2019
Open the repository you have on your computer from Github in Visual Studio 2019
Click on the repository file and then 'build'.

In the window you will see where the files are. (in the debug folder).
Copy and paste into the AITool folder after deleting (backup first) all the files except 'camera folder'.
Thanks for your help. I'm going to give a try tomorrow.

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is an update to my fork of @GentlePumpkin 's awesome tool.

Change log:
  • Dynamic Masking - thanks to @classObject! Any detection that are repeated in the same area will be ignored until they no longer appear xx times. Great for cars parked in driveway, etc.
  • Camera option for 'Trigger Cancels' - Basically, rather than the URL triggering an event in BI, it will only be called when the detection is CANCELED. Note that you MUST change &flagalert=1 to &flagalert=0. As I understand this is how Sentry AI works - it just cancels a detection sent by BI. I haven't tested the 'Trigger cancels' camera checkbox yet since I dont have that configuration right now - let me know if it works.
  • Images are put into a true queue to be processed, and the log/Overview tab shows you current/max/average queue levels so you know if BI is overloading AITool. (MaxImageQueueSize defaults to 100 and can be changed in the settings .JSON file if needed)
  • Sort cameras on load
  • Telegram chat id was not being saved correctly
  • Fixed crashes related to stats tab, various null references, errors writing to history.csv, etc
  • Safe loading and saving of settings file. If a corrupt settings file is detected it will revert to backup automatically.
  • Remotely aims and fires paintball gun turret when AI detects neighbor cats or people with MAGA hats walking by.
(Along with previous updates like Deepstack (for windows) start/stop support, auto start, read BI camera settings, a LOG tab, save all cameras and settings to single JSON file, etc)

Tinbum

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Chris for all your hard work it's working really well. The Dynamic mask is brilliant. Thanks also to @classObject

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since I'm using AI Tools VorlonCD, do I need to use the "zones and hot spot" editor in BI - camera - motion sensor - configure to mask out the area where my flag waves? Because all the jpegs that are sent to the folder that AI Tools VorlonCD monitors have the full flag showing.