[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

gurule31

n3wb
Reaction score
So I keep getting these errors. When I check the folder I see all the jpegs in there. Please let me know what other info you may need.AI error.PNG

gurule31

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it has to do with this one section. I got a little lost here. I was not sure if we were supposed to put both of the urls in or not.
When I tried them in a webpage to get an alert nothing happened.Trigger URL.PNG

gurule31

n3wb
Reaction score
So i changed the deepstack url to localhost:81, which is where is should have been. Still getting some errors. I'm not getting any stats or history either.
New AI screen.PNG

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this an issue?
When I restart everything I get this- Redis-server.exe> [10212] 27 Oct 16:16:00 # Warning: no config file specified, using the default config. In order to specify a config file use 'redis-server /path/to/redis.conf'
Then I get this line Error: 5 python.exe processes did not fully start in 10025ms
and then I will get about 100+ of these errors- Python.exe> ERROR: 2020-10-27 15:16:32.7271106 [W:eek:nnxruntime:InferenceSession, session_state_initializer.cc:500 onnxruntime::SaveInputOutputNamesToNodeMapping] Graph input with name 318 is not associated with a node.

It all appears to be fine and it is sending alerts, is this a real issue or just part of start up? THX.

Jooced

n3wb
Reaction score
To me it looks like Deepstack didn't close correctly and it starting multiple instances.

Make sure to close down Server.exe, Redis-server.exe and Python.exe (I think). Then you can start up without errors.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To me it looks like Deepstack didn't close correctly and it starting multiple instances.

Make sure to close down Server.exe, Redis-server.exe and Python.exe (I think). Then you can start up without errors.
What would the right way be? I ask because I am running the VolronCD version that starts DS (and I assume everything else) automatically so I just click the X in the corner to close it if I need to because I need to re-boot for example.

Jooced

n3wb
Reaction score
What would the right way be? I ask because I am running the VolronCD version that starts DS (and I assume everything else) automatically so I just click the X in the corner to close it if I need to because I need to re-boot for example.
Deepstack tab, Stop.

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @Chris Dodge do you think the VorlonCD version can be modified to work with DOODS (Dedicated Open Object Detection Service) instead of (or in addition to) deepstackai? I have a lot of false positive alerts with deepstackai (latest version that was released this week either cpu or gpu) at night with IR vision, and I am curious if DOODS would perform better.

More info: snowzach/doods

CC: @Zach Brown the author of DOODS

Thanks!

Simcole

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I feel like I'm in a little over my head on this one and could use some handholding. I have an aggressive neighbor who recently threatened my family to the extent that I filed a sheriff report. Today she ran her car through my front yard to cause damage because she thought nobody was watching. I got it on video and it will also go to the sheriff. I really want to get this working ASAP with phone alerts because right now it just records 24/7 and no alerts. Could I pay someone to help hand hold me through this setup and get it running. I am sure if I spent the time I could eventually arrive at a working solution but I'd really like to get this working better before things deteriorate further.
Maybe it’s the adrenaline making this so urgent but either way thanks for reading.

Last edited:

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I feel for you @Simcole; I hope somebody can help! That somebody, unfortunately, won't be me...I've been trying to get that working for 2 months, with very little success. :-(

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
He hasn't published a new release for 27 days, but it looks like he's actively making changes. I wish I knew how to compile a github project, as he suggested a few pages back that somebody compile his work on their own if they want the latest rev.

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
He hasn't published a new release for 27 days, but it looks like he's actively making changes. I wish I knew how to compile a github project, as he suggested a few pages back that somebody compile his work on their own if they want the latest rev.
Here is a compiled version based on his latest code (Last update was 6 days ago). Just be aware it may have unfinished or broken features.

balucanb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a compiled version based on his latest code (Last update was 6 days ago). Just be aware it may have unfinished or broken features.

Thanks MAYOP! @WildDoktor let me know how it works so I can try it. :cool::p

WildDoktor

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No joy here. What a friggin' nightmare. I can't look at this any more tonight or I'm gonna say/do something immature. I'm just gonna let my sd camera continue to record 24x7 and go to bed...hope nobody comes to burn my house down because I won't get an alert.

Working from home tomorrow, so maybe I'll have a chance to work on this with a clearer head tomorrow during the day.

Saargebeat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

is there any way of training the AI? It sometimes detects a Boat but for sure we dont even have water :) Also some Persons are detected but actually its a plant.

Most problems occur during night, especially when light is switched on due to motion detector (i mean a hardware device, not blue iris motion detection).

Besides that, is there some hardware which is known as doing fast AI processing? I am now using only 2 cameras, but it will be 5-7 later. At this moment processing one image (AI) takes 1,5-2 Seconds.
I am wondering how to operate lets say 5 cameras which might send images the same time - then it would take up to 10 seconds until all images (of one single motion detection) are processed?! But during this process, more images are sent to the folder...

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@GentlePumpkin
Could help me out with you code. I'm trying to change cooldown minutes to cooldown seconds and after going through your code have been unable to understand how it works. I can change the text label but that's not going to do too much :) Any pointers would be much appreciated. I'm able to program in Assembler and Basic but never got around to C+. I can compile your code so no issue there.