Troubleshooting single camera view freeze on Hikvision 7608NI-E2

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I really do not know what video card is in the computer. It does the job when running 1080. The CPU usage roams all over the place and I would guess that maybe the 35-40% range is an average . I would have no problem installing a higher end video card if I thought it would help things. However things generally run pretty good.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it I am going to install a graphics card. The AMD Radeon R4 is built into the motherboard and shares processing with the CPU. I have two ram cards with one being 4GB and the other 2GB. I am going to replace the 2GB Ram with an 8GB for a total of 12GB of ram. Probably more than I really need.

Wm5761

n3wb
Reaction score
Just for the heck of it I am going to install a graphics card. The AMD Radeon R4 is built into the motherboard and shares processing with the CPU. I have two ram cards with one being 4GB and the other 2GB. I am going to replace the 2GB Ram with an 8GB for a total of 12GB of ram. Probably more than I really need.
I can't help thinking that running IVMS4200 on a PC is a high load on it whereas the actual NVR itself seems to have the ability to output all these cameras through VGA or HDMI without a sweat

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
UPDATE: I added 8GB of RAM and it seemed to help a lot when I first turned things on . After awhile things seem to settle in a little better than before. The graphics card came in and I installed that. Things got a lot worse with the installation of the graphics card.

This morning I took the graphics card back out and things are back to the way they were. I had been hoping that the graphics card would take away some of the CPU processing time. That is not how it worked out.